The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Bellewstown 8.20

Home Forums Horse Racing Bellewstown 8.20

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Well he’s back at last — welcome back Paul Carberry.

Have to say I’m lookiing forward to this race ……… the best jockey of his generation riding for the best jockey of the previous generation! I’m not trying to be controversial; I really do believe the above statement.

And some fairly serious wagering has been done during the day in Irish B/O’s on Oscar Night — to 11/8 from 2’s in what would appear to me to be a fairly open contest. Adrian Maquire has sent his horse a long way in mileage to win a small value race. Oscar Night p’ed up in a Limerick bumper last month winning by 9 lengths.

Hope my two all-time favourite jocks can be successful together in this race.

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Looked as if the best horse on the day won the race.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

T’would appear so, Wallace.
    Aldahar Beebers seemed to have plenty up his sleeve jumping the last.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Thinking ……….

There were some very unusual betting patterns to this race — Oscar Night 11/10 but 2.60 freely available on Betdaq. Someone was Laying the hoss bigtime at crazy odds.

Nobody comes out of this with much credit — neither jockey Paul who had the horse twenty lengths behind at the first hurdle and only got going coming to the last, or the trainer/owner connections in light of the betting drift.

It smells, I’m afraid to say.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Thinking ……….

There were some very unusual betting patterns to this race — Oscar Night 11/10 but 2.60 freely available on Betdaq. Someone was Laying the hoss bigtime at crazy odds.

Nobody comes out of this with much credit — neither jockey Paul who had the horse twenty lengths behind at the first hurdle and only got going coming to the last, or the trainer/owner connections in light of the betting drift.

It smells, I’m afraid to say.

No "who farted" didn’t smell to me, Carberry overdone the waiting tactics, he was entitled to be that price on the exchanges as he should never have been so short in the first place, people will try and take on a horse if they think its a false price hoof.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

You’re probably correct, Marz.

Just that all the signs seemed to point to a "non-trier" to me at least. And I wasn’t talking thru’ my pocket ………. I had no financial interest in the race.

Now watch the horse scoot in at Galway at enhanced odds. :roll:

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

You’re probably correct, Marz.

Just that all the signs seemed to point to a "non-trier" to me at least. And I wasn’t talking thru’ my pocket ………. I had no financial interest in the race.

Now watch the horse scoot in at Galway at enhanced odds. :roll:

Maybe hoof ??, keep an eye on Mutakkarim for the Galway Hurdle, looks like Weld is laying him out for the race

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.