The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Aztec Warrior

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Pretty impressed with this on what was effectively his chasing debut, particularly his jumping and he looks the sort to win 2 or 3 more times over fences this winter. His jumping really was a joy to watch considering the unfortunate incident on his chasing debut. It got me thinking that if I’m backing a novice chaser, I couldn’t think of anyone I’d rather have training it than the Hen, her horses really are schooled very well. It’s no coincidence that horses like Edredon Bleu, Best Mate, Impek and were all so fluent. If only Racing Demon would pay attention in class!

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

i wouldnt get too excited. racing demon is the most over hyper chaser at the moment(willing to eat my words if he wins the peterbourogh) but doubt it.<br>and what exactly did aztec warrior beat!<br>hen is very good at finding weak races and ducking races when there is decent competition, i will give you that! then they get stuffed at the higher level, ie racing demon in the arkle

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Very smart performance and I was impressed with his bold jumping. I personally feel that Racing Demon is the most likely winner of the Peterborough this weekend, should Hen choose that route.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Nice horse. He done it well but its hard to know what he beat. Looks half decent though.

Lincoln Duncan
    • Total Posts 157

Racing Demon will never beat decent opposition (Monkerhostin, Ashley Brook, Thisthatandtother etc) while he continues to jump to his right and to jump erratically.

Aztec Warrior, on the other hand, jumps like an old hand and was mighty impressive today. Of the two, there’s only one I’d want . . .

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Harringay may not have won, but another example on a novice chaser beautifully schooled. Well done to the Hen.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

You wait until you see the mighty Bally Conn jumping a fence;)

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

At this rate it’ll be a while…..bumpers at Towcester first!!  (on Hennessy day no less :angry: )

Ardross
    • Total Posts 98

Quote: from Lincoln Duncan on 7:31 pm on Nov. 14, 2006[br]Racing Demon will never beat decent opposition (Monkerhostin, Ashley Brook, Thisthatandtother etc) while he continues to jump to his right and to jump erratically.

Aztec Warrior, on the other hand, jumps like an old hand and was mighty impressive today. Of the two, there’s only one I’d want . . . <br>

<br>Oops

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Quote: from Ardross on 4:46 pm on Nov. 19, 2006[br]

Quote: from Lincoln Duncan on 7:31 pm on Nov. 14, 2006[br]Racing Demon will never beat decent opposition (Monkerhostin, Ashley Brook, Thisthatandtother etc) while he continues to jump to his right and to jump erratically.

Aztec Warrior, on the other hand, jumps like an old hand and was mighty impressive today. Of the two, there’s only one I’d want . . . <br>

<br>Oops

Well it did jump right!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

A cracking start. Look forward to the day he jumps a fence! Well done. I presume that’s the one you have a share in Rory.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Thanks David ~ yes, myself, Shadow Leader and a few others share in Bally Conn. He may well make up into a nice horse, although we won’t get carried away with today’s performance ~ it was a pretty poor contest, even for Towcester.

Ardross
    • Total Posts 98

Garde Champetre is another Jonjo horse being persevered with over fences against all the evidence

Monkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 141

I am one of the others lucky enough to be a partner in Bally Conn. :)

This is my first venture into ownership and what a dream start even if, as Rory rightly says, Bally Conn didn’t need to be a world beater to win on Saturday.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Yes, it was great to cheer BC home on Saturday – even if it was from a box at Newbury…:(  He showed what a game little fella he is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.