The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Asiatic Boy enormous at 6/1 for Dubai World Cup?

Home Forums Horse Racing Asiatic Boy enormous at 6/1 for Dubai World Cup?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 149

Opinions welcome. IMO Asiatic Boy is way too big against Curlin for the big one. I’d be taking Curlin on at those odds.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Curlin looks absolutely nailed on for this. He is the best horse in the world by quite some margin imo.

Asiatic is playing for places only.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Although Asiatic Boy is a good horse, I really don’t think he will trouble Curlin – whom I rate as a good thing for the " big one." Just my opinion, of course.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

Who are the other challengers for this? Asiatic Boy got beat quite comfortably at Ascot last year so unless hes come on leaps and bounds, this is Curlins for the taking. I take it Discreet Cat wont be turning up this year? :lol:

• Total Posts 149

Ascot cannot really be compared to Nad Al under floodlights.

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

No perhaps not but the horses class was still a bit suspect compared to what Curlin has done on the dirt. Just dont think he cuts the mustard.

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

Also, how come there are next to no British or Irish horses going for this, or any other World Cup day race? The money thats on offer, im very suprised Aiden O’Brien dosnt prep a couple for some of the big dirt races? Would give him a better chance at the Breeders aswell.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Agree with TDK. Never mind a 130 horse, that performance yesterday was awesome. Under the right circumstances he looks at least a high 130’s horse imo.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Does anyone think that Curlin looked very ‘big’ yesterday (I nearly used the word ‘fat’)?

Granted, I was only watching on a TV screen, but connections seem to have left a lot to work on, meaning he will be almost unbeatable cup World Cup day.

Mike

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

You would have to think backing Curlin for the World Cup is like printing money. One of the safest 1/2 bets I’ve seen, especially as there are n obstacles for him to fall over ;)

NWRA
    • Total Posts 259

Does anyone think that Curlin looked very ‘big’ yesterday (I nearly used the word ‘fat’)?

He is very big anyway: built like a 3m chaser! But, yes, he looked bigger than normal, which means that he must be a worthy 1/2 shot in the Dubai World Cup: he nearly broke Dubai Millennium’s track record yesterday despite being only partially fit and not being ridden out. He has such a massive stride, which is difficult for others to keep up with; and then he has a great turn of foot if he needs to use it.

Indeed I think the World Cup will see a performance which is visually as good as Dubai Millennium’s. Asiatic Boy looks like a bet to nothing at EW odds but I doubt I could it, knowing that I’m only backing for two places.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Asiatic Boy ran at Goodwood and York last year (not Ascot). In the first race, over an inadequate mile in the Sussex he ran well for a long way and he couldn’t handle the rain softened ground at York in the Juddmonte.

He’s been prepped in Sprints by Mike de Kock and everything looks set for a great run in DWC. Obviously Curlin will be hard to beat but you can ignore the form of last race compared to running against the likes of Asiatic Boy and the Japanese.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

You can’t ignore the manner of the victory though, nor the fact that the horse hacked up in a strong Breeders Cup Classic….

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

Sorry yes i meant York not Ascot. Know what your saying but still think he isnt in the class of Curlin. Curlin won the Classic without many problems lets be honest and it was a high quality lineup aswell.

Anyone know the answer to my question further up about the British/Irish horses??? :?:

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Granted, I was only watching on a TV screen, but connections seem to have left a lot to work on, meaning he will be almost unbeatable cup World Cup day.

Mike

Mikky, have a look at the dubai carnival thread; Mdeering has posted up a picture of him working and he looked fit enough to me (I’m assuming it was a very recent picture). I think he’s just a big horse naturally.

If he wasn’t wound up yesterday, unless there’s an immense american 3yo, I just can’t see anything beating him. His performance was ridiculously good… In a handicap of all things :)

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Andy, No British horses yet for the Dubai World Cup itself. Most of the Europeans are looking at either the Dubai Duty Free, Dubai Sheema Classic, UAE Derby and Godophin Mile.

• Total Posts 1688

Didn’t bother to read the posts – just the title thread.

Yes – he is LUXURIOUS at 6/1. Don’t spare a dime on anything else! :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.