The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ascot (The Final Curtain)

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Ascot (The Final Curtain)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Trendsman
    • Total Posts 206

2:30 Royal Ascot

Izaaj @ 13 (e/w)

I should be really staying well clear of the Dettori factor as what i have seen over the last 5 days is that he seems to have lost the will to win or the Godolphin outfit is just sinking with out trace on UK Soil.The Giant Causeway colt has had a pleasing start to his carer when picking up a third on debut at Headquarters when finishing behind High Spice and Radiohead, both have run creditable this week with Radiohead going on to win the Norfolk Stakes and the fifth in that race has won last week footstepsofspring. He got off the mark in his maiden at Yarmouth when stepping up to 6F and looked like todays trip would not inconvenience him
    3:05 Royal Ascot

Bronze Cannon @ 8

Doctor Fremantle seemed to win with something in hand in the Huxley Stakes when holding off Staying On at Chester, my concern here is that i do not think he will handle todays course.Camponologist does not look like the same horse as last year when finishing 8th in the Gerard Stakes at Sandown, but he was a CD winner this time last year when wining the King Edward V11 and looks preferable at this trip and should be there abouts and he had Bronze Cannon way back that day.the selection Bronze Cannon finally got a Group win under his belt when beating Casual Conquest in the Gp2 Jockey Club Stakes at HQ and could be weighted now to turn around the defeat to Dansant in the Magnolia Stakes at Kempton and looks to have a big chance this afternoon.

3:45 Royal Ascot

J J The Jet Plane @ 4

Mike De Kocks JJ The Jet Plane has been all the rage leading up to this and he recorded his first win on UK Soil when beating Intrepid Jack by 4L at Windsor in the Listed Up Up and Away stakes in a fairly quick time.Intrepid Jack is weighted enough today to reverse that form but this is a muched improve animaland a Group 1 winner in South Africa and group 3 winner this year in Nad Al Sheba and Kevin Shea returns to ride today, Ialysos looks a big danger if handling the hike in class after winning a listed event at Haydock three weeks ago, but the selection holds a lot in his favour here and should improve again

4:25 Royal Ascot

High Standing @ 8.5

Stick a pin time and a Cavalry charge here, the selection here is not drawn favourably from stall 28 but his two wins this year at Doncaster and Goodwood have been impressive enough to be considered here.Ryan Mooe has a very high strike rate with Haggas of 42% and if over coming the draw is going to be hard to beat.

5:00 Royal Ascot

Dansili Dancer @ 15 (e/w)

Hatton Flight on paper is the one to beast here, but the selection from the Clive Cox yard went about his business when beating Meethaq by one and a half lengths at Doncaster with Drill Sergeant back in third and Camps Bay in fourth, has been beaten twice this year by Hatton Flight on the AW and at Newmarket and does have a little to find to turn around that form he has also held by Boz from that run, so if the 4lb rise has not inconvenienced him can be there abouts again from a reasonable draw.

5:35 Royal Ascot

Amerigo (NAP) @ 4

The curtain comes down on another great 5 days of racing, and the Nap comes in the lucky last from the Michael Jarvis yard.has not produced any form this year infact out of the frame on both starts, but i feel he has been crying out for this trip and another contender this year or the Cesarewitch if running up to his abilty here, taking a hike up in trip and i really cannot see this being turned over as favourite and send the punters home happy after a hard 5 days of racing.

Good Luck on the final day

placemat2
    • Total Posts 318

Frankie lost the will to win?.He did a flying dismount off a handicapper yesterday.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.