The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ascot Chase 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ascot Chase 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

Some big names due here…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2021-02-20/775754

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2021-02-20/775754

I bet a couple of these last week, Dashel Drasher, and Master Tommytucker.

Think I’ve done my dough for Dashel, as the signs are he’s heading for The Denman, but hopefully Tommytucker can give me a run for my money.

Dashel Drasher 14’s EW
    Master Tommytucker 5’s

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4164

Riders On The Storm EW @ 25/1

Hopefully that other entry is just a bit of back up in case this gets called off. Probably got him wrong, but hoped he could turn into one of the top chasers in the country this year, but those two runs this season were abysmal beyond belief.

Seems to like Ascot and can’t recall many of the stables horses running well at all this year in big races. Clutching at straws maybe, but any semblance of a return to form should put him in with a fair enough EW chance.

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

It’s the same bet for me. A stonking ew price that, and if he heads to Newbury so be it.

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4164

Gone in again with 365 to win @ 18/1. Might well be crazier than the Ante post one with only 5 runners.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2718

Cheekpieces on cyrname tomorrow, big red flag for me that he’s gone at the game after previously being so keen

Master tommytucker has already walloped dashel drasher and riders onthe storm this season

Id be very keen to back him but Cobden not being on worries me that he might not get round

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 986

Tommy tucker and riders for me inc rev f.c , cyrname has to be taken on ….despite this ITV will no doubt regale us with the usual highest rated chaser in training crap …he,s not even in the top 3 in my book , I’ve already mentioned a few times the poor performance of the NTD yard this year , hopefully riders shows something today ….Mossy fen …I had such high hopes for him this year

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

Master Tommytucker at 7/2 for me. I think Cyrname is too much of a risk at odds-on. I can’t see any of the other three winning it bar accidents.

Master Tommytucker 7/2

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

I think they’ve all got questions over them. Riders On The Storm at 16-1 for the win. That’s a massive price if he’s back to near his best.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 198

Bennys King ew at 7/1. Skeltons on fire and question marks over the Nicholls pair makes him a good bet I think. Should reverse form with Dashels Dreaver here and assuming that Cyrname flops then he is the one to beat for me.

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1325

I was so sure Riders Onthe Storm was going to be a good thing this season, but it just hasn’t worked out. Might need things to go his way, but at the prices he’s well worth a go.

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1325

There you go, Bobby! Very nice price too. Did you play the forecast?

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 986

Has cyrname got a wind issue or did he just spit the dummy ?

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 804

What race was Mike Cattermole watching? After Cyrname pulled up he said he looked like he was travelling so sweetly earlier. He never was!

I backed him and cashed out for a profit double quick after the second. He then left his hind legs in the fourth and was never travelling after. Looks like he has had one hard race too many.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

WD Venture!

I thought Master Tommytucker was going to pick him up, but Dashel Drasher kept finding.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23868

He has alot of heart
    Well done Vtc

Member since March 2008
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.