The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle Chase

Home Forums Horse Racing Arkle Chase

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I’m surprised Schindlers Hunt wasn’t entered in this (he is entered in the RSA Ch). He has raced 12 times under Rules, none of which have been longer than 20f. He is entered in the Irish Arkle this Sunday over 17f and if he were to win that, he would have been a live contender for the Arkle. I appreciate the whole "better ground – longer trip" theory but if it were to come up soft on Arkle day, you’ld have to think connections would be kicking themselves.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I think its to protect the commentators

Try saying Schindlers Hunt quickly…

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

It wasn’t entered due to a clerical error states the trainer.<br>Unlikely to go to Cheltenham, it appears bound for a race at Fairyhouse

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Cheers Lingfield. I was going to back him ante-post. First good decision for a while!

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

How many likely front runners are there in this race!  :o

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Well, like ive been saying for a while they are seriously considering the Arkle for Another Promise……. expected to win in Huntingdon goes ahead tomorrow……….. get on now

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Another Promise’s most likely target has been confirmed as the Arkle this year and if all is well with him next season he will be aimed at the Paddy Power Gold Cup and then see what happens there.

As some of you have also said, im not sure 2miles suits him at all, i think he may get taken off his feet but they say he is quite capable and with a strong pace and Cheltenham being as stiff as it is they really fancy him, they can drop him and pick horses off one by one.

I can’t 100% confirm that he will go for the Arkle, i havent had it from the trainers mouth but after he won at Huntingon my mate told me "he goes for the Arkle now".

Ive backed him, and as long as he lines up he shouldnt be anymore than 20’s on the day in my opinion, probably less……… so i can have quite a few bets for ‘nothing’ as it were.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Any opinions on Faasel for this? Thought he jumped welll at Catterick the other day. Okay, he didnt beat that much, but he won nicely enough. He was close to top class over hurdles before his form tailed off.

Has shown good form at Cheltenham.

One to be interested in, mabe?

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

In all honesty stormont it was a dreadful race. I said on the day of the race he ought to bolt up hard-held and though he did his hurdle form was 30lb better. He hasn’t done anything to warrant consideration yet imo.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Faasel is a pig that won’t want to know when he gets in a real race.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I had a few quid on him at 50’s a while ago just as a speculative punt, I guess he’s probably closer to 25’s now but I would have liked him to have beaten euro american further than he did..

DJ, i’d agree but given some decent ground he certainly has the pace to win the arkle, whether he has the resolution is a different matter.

• Total Posts 2065

Is there any reason wny Lennon won’t handle Cheltenham? I backed him 2 weeks ago and then read on a less esteemed forum that he won’t handle Cheltenham and will get bullied in the early stages:o

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

My concern with Lennon is that he’ll get taken on up front in the Arkle for the first time over fences and that once you scratch the surface of his form, it doesn’t actually stand up to a great deal of scrutiny. He beat a regressive Triumph Hurdle winner, a non-tryer and trees in a schooling exercise. I’m not convinced he’s good enough to win an Arkle.

• Total Posts 2065

Quote: from davidjohnson on 1:26 pm on Jan. 26, 2007[br]My concern with Lennon is that he’ll get taken on up front in the Arkle for the first time over fences and that once you scratch the surface of his form, it doesn’t actually stand up to a great deal of scrutiny. He beat a regressive Triumph Hurdle winner, a non-tryer and trees in a schooling exercise. I’m not convinced he’s good enough to win an Arkle.

May as well go and shoot myself now then! :(

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

FSL

On the positive side, I think he’ll handle the track.:biggrin:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.