The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Arkle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 600 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2184

I’ve heard that the Powers Gold Cup is under consideration for Zaarito. His target will be dependent on how he runs at Leopardstown on Sunday week.

Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Doug – re Snap Tie, I’ve backed him, but think he maybe out for the season :(

Rose of Mossley
    • Total Posts 5

Where did you hear that? I thought Hobbs was always planning on putting him away over the winter, and predicted it would be a forgotten horse for that very reason.

I hadn’t seen any news of an injury.

Having backed it as high as 200s I’d be quite keen on it running. :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Betfair Forum

Not always right, but prices of 200 give you a clue as well…

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Thanks guys, I’ll keep my powder dry on Snap Tie then. And if Zaarito runs in Irish Arkle in 10 days or so I might need to back him for the arkle ante post soon.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

Keep an eye on the Features section of the site tomorrow evening as I’ll be posting TRF’s ‘Official’ ante post selection for the Arkle, and it’s a real working man’s price! .

Rose of Mossley
    • Total Posts 5

"Perpetual" wrote: Betfair Forum

Not always right, but prices of 200 give you a clue as well…

To be fair, the 200s was a long time ago. I see he’s now trading at around 75s. We’ll see.

And a sky-high price isn’t always that reliable an indicator anyway, as evidenced by the 580s I got for Woolcombe Folly :wink:

jmorrisey
    • Total Posts 18

I dont think Zaarito will be brought to Cheltenham, far more likely that a domestic campaign is planned. He took along time to get over his Chelt bumper experience

dunk disorderly
    • Total Posts 26

I do like Somersby the way he attacked his fences but surely he needs a run before the festival.Will Long Run and Punches be split up.If so One will run in this.Possibly Long run,But if he runs i hope his jumping is better,although he has a huge engine.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229
    • Total Posts 1217

Interesting selection but I fear that TTB prefers much softer ground than the probable good to soft at C come March, all but one of his wins have come on very soft ground. Think Tataniano is the main Nicholls hope and the one that Walsh will plump for.

• Total Posts 1217

Also yet to race at Cheltenham…

• Total Posts 1046

Take The Breeze had a hurdle rating of around 136 and as such has no chance in this year’s Arkle.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

There you go…

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-features/2010/01/the-arkle-will-be-a-breeze/

Dear oh dear “Dangerous”,dissapointed is a word i dont use lightly!As for your opinion on Somersby!!!!!!! dear oh dear!
    You were only supposed to be dipping your toe in,i think you tripped and fell in head first there,scrambled back to shore with a little bit of sewage stuck between your teeth! :lol:

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

lol –

One must raise one’s head above the parapet and be bold

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

I dont think Zaarito will be brought to Cheltenham, far more likely that a domestic campaign is planned. He took along time to get over his Chelt bumper experience

Is this your opinion or is this what the stable/owner have intimated? Think the Arkle would be perfect for Zaarito, he is a much more mature looking horse now than the one that last came over and ran in the Bumper and is more likely to get better ground over at Cheltenham than in Ireland.

• Total Posts 638

Enjoyed the feature Cormack, excellent and your chap has a very interesting chance. Would take exception on one small point though…arguably Sizing Europe has already achieved more over fences than most Arkle winners had before Cheltenham, including some of the stellar winners you mention such as Well Chief, VPU and even Azert’.
    Possibly Moscow had done a little more.
    If that is accepted (granted it is arguable, as I say) then his hurdling form makes him one of the more eligible Arkle candidates for some years and his price may be regarded as value rather than too short…imho.

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 600 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.