The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Arkle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 600 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK- Yes Nicholls wants the Arkle for the Stewarts but if he thought he had another horse good enough to win the race or even run well then there is no doubt whatsoever they would be running.

Duke, i bet you never got 16/1 about yourself winning the King George at Ascot did you? The point i"m making is Andy Stewart wants to win the Arkle more than any other race and Team Nicholls are well aware of that,it would not please Andy if another one of Pauls were to beat Tataniano in a photo finish,knowing that his horse has a serious chance of its own!We shall see if any other Nicholls horse runs!I dont think so myself!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Would be funny if Nomecheki won it for him then :wink:

Duke Of Marmalade
    • Total Posts 79

TAPK- If he has another horse good enough he will run it, if he doesn’t he won’t. Simple as that really. Remember Tatanen was 4/1 favourite last year but he still ran I’msingingtheblues.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Would be funny if Nomecheki won it for him then :wink:

Quick as you like Irish! :lol: Both Nomecheki and Tataniano are entered at Doncaster on Saturday in the Lightning Novice Chase!I bet only one runs! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK- If he has another horse good enough he will run it, if he doesn’t he won’t. Simple as that really. Remember Tatanen was 4/1 favourite last year but he still ran I’msingingtheblues.

You just answered your own question there Duke!

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Every chance that was at the insistence of ISTB’s forthright owner, Duke – Nicholls himself had stated several times that he didn’t think he was an Arkle horse, on the run-up to the Festival.

Take The Breeze will almost certainly be used to prop-up the weights in the Jewson. Nomecheki would be an obvious beneficiary of such a move, imo.

• Total Posts 2184

Typical Nicholls hype horse. Ruby will be on Sports Line unless MD runs which looks unlikely now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Told them his form wasn’t worth a bucket of manure but they just keep falling for the same old same old.

Nice horse though but as I suspected there isn’t much in reserve. However he was giving away 4 lbs and would he be 100%? doubtful!!!….. Would only take for one of the top 3 to run a baddy and he could still get placed. He wants to race and that along with his jumping puts him in any race with a chance.

• Total Posts 128

Hi all, everyone good I hope? Ive been away a couple of weeks, guessing Ive missed lots!! Anyway, I was prepared to offer 20/1 a win for Tataniano in the Arkle, thats pretty skinny based on todays events!! I think it was ZARKAVA who wrote that Tataniano has the Arkle sewn up???? Said it countless times, il say it again; he hasn’t even earned a place in the line-up.

My own fancies, Sizing Europe and Somersby tick along nicely, while my e/w value, Zarrito, had an unfortunate experience last time out, which leaves unwanted question marks against him. However, the horse who won, An Cathaoir Mor, was well and truly beaten by Zarrito and Captain Cee Bee in a Novice Chase, and that form has a strong and solid look to it. Im going to have to back Captain Cee Bee now, because if he wins at Naas, he’ll probably be 11/4 come Cheltenham. So far, its the most interesting race at Cheltenham, along with the Champion Hurdle.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Think the reaction to Tataniano’s defeat is a tad much tbh. You only have to go back 2 years to find a decisive winner who was beaten at long odds-on in his prep race for the Festival. Moscow fell in the Irish Arkle when 4/6F, Ventana Canyon was beaten as the 8/11F. Nicholls wanted Ruby to ride him and tbh imo this only means he’ll be available at a bigger price. Hasn’t put me off him at all, and if you’d still like to offer me 20s, Aido1, I’d be very happy to have £20 on that. If you’re true to your word PM me. If you only want me to stake £10 or even a fiver, that’s fine. I’d want the liability and my stake sent to a well-respected and trusted member of the forum (Fist ;) or preferably Cormack) and they can send the funds on to the recipient after the race.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Disapointing yes, but I think the horse just never woke up after sleeping at a few fences.

Ruby never went any pace in that ground and he never asked him to win his race, this wasn’t his day but doesnt make him a bad horse and im pilling on more at 14-1.

I think a few members are getting very spiteful at present, not what this community is about.

• Total Posts 2184

Think the reaction to Tataniano’s defeat is a tad much tbh. You only have to go back 2 years to find a decisive winner who was beaten at long odds-on in his prep race for the Festival. Moscow fell in the Irish Arkle when 4/6F, Ventana Canyon was beaten as the 8/11F. Nicholls wanted Ruby to ride him and tbh imo this only means he’ll be available at a bigger price. Hasn’t put me off him at all, and if you’d still like to offer me 20s, Aido1, I’d be very happy to have £20 on that. If you’re true to your word PM me. If you only want me to stake £10 or even a fiver, that’s fine. I’d want the liability and my stake sent to a well-respected and trusted member of the forum (Fist ;) or preferably Cormack) and they can send the funds on to the recipient after the race.

Moscow had already mixed it with the likes of Istabraq over hurdles and shown himself to be a class animal. Tataniano hadn’t shown any form that justified him being as short a price as he was for the Arkle. The only half decent horse he had ever met over fences, Fosters Cross, fell before they really got racing at Cheltenham. He was subsequently stuffed in the Sizing Europe, Osana, Captain Cee Bee race at Christmas. Tataniano was priced purely on the yard he is in.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Typical Nicholls hype horse. Ruby will be on Sports Line unless MD runs which looks unlikely now.

Not like you to jump in with both feet Imperial!I think you might be a bit rash with that judgement!Tataniano is a speedster and therefore will thrive on faster ground,i certainly wouldn"t be writing him off just yet!I was convinced he was running at Doncaster tomorrow,he could have been a threat to Mad Max!Never mind so long as Somersby jumps round on Sunday at Hereford!

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Moscow had already mixed it with the likes of Istabraq over hurdles and shown himself to be a class animal. Tataniano hadn’t shown any form that justified him being as short a price as he was for the Arkle. The only half decent horse he had ever met over fences, Fosters Cross, fell before they really got racing at Cheltenham. He was subsequently stuffed in the Sizing Europe, Osana, Captain Cee Bee race at Christmas. Tataniano was priced purely on the yard he is in.

Well obviously he was priced based on the yard he’s in. No-one can argue on form that he deserved to be the same price as Osana or Sizing Europe or whoever.

Not really sure what hurdles form has got to do with it. According Etoile should surely have been sent off odds-on by that reckoning?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Tataniano was priced purely on the yard he is in.

You’re putting a hard earned reputation on the line here IC with such a rash call, if you wasn’t such a popular and dedicated member you’d have been shot down for the comments, I hope you retract these comments some time in the future.

Running 2.13 seconds slower than Well Chief at Cheltenham and running the same time as Master Minded isn’t what I call a price based on the yard he is in.

• Total Posts 128

Mr.Wilson,

I sincerely hope that spiteful remark was not directed towards me. If it was, I just want to clarify my position. I dont take glee from seeing a horse fail, and if I sounded spiteful, I apologise. Im just reiterating what I said a long time ago; Tataniano hasn’t even earned a place at Cheltenham in my opinion, and is at least a good stone behind the likes of Captain Cee Bee, Sizing Europe, and Sommersby in my opinion. Also, as many other members have alluded to, his hurdle form is far, far inferior to what the others mentioned achieved. I believe even 14/1 is still far too short for what he has achieved. Before today, he had a lot to prove. Now, he has it ALL to prove. Regards…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Mr.Wilson,

I sincerely hope that spiteful remark was not directed towards me. If it was, I just want to clarify my position. I dont take glee from seeing a horse fail, and if I sounded spiteful, I apologise. Im just reiterating what I said a long time ago; Tataniano hasn’t even earned a place at Cheltenham in my opinion, and is at least a good stone behind the likes of Captain Cee Bee, Sizing Europe, and Sommersby in my opinion. Also, as many other members have alluded to, his hurdle form is far, far inferior to what the others mentioned achieved. I believe even 14/1 is still far too short for what he has achieved. Before today, he had a lot to prove. Now, he has it ALL to prove. Regards…

Aido sorry you have nothing to do with this, I am thankful for your honesty and looking at things in an unbiased perspective – I haven’t seen you around the general forum too much but keep up the good posts! I look forward to reading more from you.

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 600 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.