The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Arkle 2009

Viewing 9 posts - 290 through 298 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

His trainer said he was the best horse in Ireland last year.

I thought for a minute my 25/1 ew on KK was going to cover my ass for the rest of the meeting……..sick as a parrot :cry:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Bloody hell fisters, two horses you have been a fan of for ages fighting out the finish in the arkle, and you put up the third in the cheltenham comp… :lol:

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

Can’t bet them all though :cry:

Never mind I got good profit out of the race so no complaints.

Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Get in! @25/1
    :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Fist,
    you dont miss much, but i am a big fan of "Forpadydeplasterer" and think this very lightly raced horse would be ideally suited to the 2m
    of the "Arkle", he stays further which helps too!

Your Kalahari King had me worried there, he was one of my eye catchers from last seasons festival and i would have been gutted if he had nailed me on the line!

• Total Posts 1982

Wouldn’t argue with this analysis from RP online.

"The disappointment of the race was Calgary Bay, even considering he wants further, as he didn’t seem to jump as fluently as he can and failed to respond to pressure. He has loads of raw talent, probably as much as anything in this line-up, but he hasn’t won anywhere near as often as he probably should have done and is in danger of becoming an underachiever."

He looked amazing in the paddock beforehand – my first chance to see the horse close-up. A real athlete and built for the Gold Cup.

War Of Attrition was well beaten in an Arkle before he won a Gold Cup and I still feel he has the right physical attributes to be competitve the year after next.

However, he’ll find it hard next season. Hen will need to look after him and place him to perfection, or he could well up being an underachiever.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

I can’t help but feel that the market told the story with regard to Calgary Bay. Very weak beforehand regardless of the perenially impressive appearance and beaten the moment he hit 2 out.

• Total Posts 2184

Great to hear The Rose Of Tralee being belted out in the Cheltenham winners enclosure! I’m delighted for Tommy Cooper. He’s only got a small string but he sure can train them.

The horse jumped like an stag and silenced those who claimed he was a bridle horse by sticking his neck out all the way to the line.

Magic :D

Forpadydeplasterer – nobody does it fasterer!

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Wouldn’t argue with this analysis from RP online.

"The disappointment of the race was Calgary Bay, even considering he wants further, as he didn’t seem to jump as fluently as he can and failed to respond to pressure. He has loads of raw talent, probably as much as anything in this line-up, but he hasn’t won anywhere near as often as he probably should have done and is in danger of becoming an underachiever."

Arguably the 6/1 favorite falling at one of the first few fences was a pretty big disappointment. There were quite a few disappointing horse in that race though, followtheplan for me was terrible, but the ground may have played a part there and I will take a chnace on him again at punchestowns if he runs.

EDIT. Note to self- I must stop calling the track "punchestowns"

Viewing 9 posts - 290 through 298 (of 298 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.