The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Arkle 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 298 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2440

What about this enormous French horse///////////////////////////

What about this enormous French horse? I’m looking forward to seeing him in the flesh..how big is he?

Original, he is 18.2hh.

• Total Posts 2184

Tatenen stands out for me. Still progressing and will love the course.

Can’t have Tatenen at all myself. Beat by Follow The Plan getting 11lbs from him at Christmas and that horse has subsequently been put in his place by Golden Silver and Forpadydeplasterer, allbeit on ground that wouldn’t have suited Follow The Plan.

Tatenen does have course form but Straw Bear was never a chaser and he’s hardly set the world alight on his return to hurdles. On all known form, 5/1 for the Arkle is a ridiculously short price in my humble opinion.

• Total Posts 2440

Tatenen stands out for me. Still progressing and will love the course.

Can’t have Tatenen at all myself. Beat by Follow The Plan getting 11lbs from him at Christmas and that horse has subsequently been put in his place by Golden Silver and Forpadydeplasterer, allbeit on ground that wouldn’t have suited Follow The Plan.

Tatenen does have course form but Straw Bear was never a chaser and he’s hardly set the world alight on his return to hurdles. On all known form, 5/1 for the Arkle is a ridiculously short price in my humble opinion.

I’d agree with that, 5/1 is far, far too short, for the reasons i mentioned earlier and the views you have shared, above.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

He was too short at the start of the season, too short after Christmas and as he’s not run since the bookies have seen no reason to push him out at all.

Can see a shock in the Arkle – don’t see Tatanen or Calgary Bay winning it.

• Total Posts 1982

He was too short at the start of the season, too short after Christmas and as he’s not run since the bookies have seen no reason to push him out at all.

Can see a shock in the Arkle – don’t see Tatanen or Calgary Bay winning it.

I’ll be very happy if Calgary Bay makes the frame. :wink:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

I’ll give you third place then Bos :wink:

• Total Posts 1982

I’ll give you third place then Bos :wink:

Third place at 40s will do me just fine. :D

chelt king
    • Total Posts 30

My fancy for this year is Tatenen i really belive this fella has evrything to win a arkle a chaser with pace that stays over 2 miles which i think you need to do to win a arkle eg fast pace and the hill.

Wen Tatenen destroyed Straw bear over CD in december people didnt think the form was that solid with straw bear not taking to been a chaser but SB hurdle form over the CD was a to a very high standered and to beat him the way he did really impressed me

Wen he got beat over in ireland i feel the race was all wrong for the horse smallish field the course etc….i really feel if tatenen comes here showing the form he did wen he beat straw bear he can run a massive race and feel he can show his class to this lot and ive backed him for last few months wen he got pushed out for losing in ireland

• Total Posts 1982

Simple question…

Who do you think will start favourite for the race?

Tatenen or Calgary Bay?

• Total Posts 638

Calgary Bay, Bos’….unless the ground softens considerably

allpress11
    • Total Posts 11

I strongly believe Tatenen will win the Arkle.

I backed Tatenen ante-post at 16/1 in October and he will take hell of a lot of beating.

Come on Ruby!

Participant
    • Total Posts 608

I’m going with Original ew in this one, apart from his debut all his racing in France has been on Very Soft or worse ground, his one run on Good in the UK was a very impressive win and the trainer believes he’ll improve for going left handed. He had also been allowed to race prominently for the most part whereas on his GB debut he was held up.
    Tatenen is the standout horse but I wouldn’t be backing him at his price especially giving the poor recent record of favourites in the race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 274

My fancy for this year is Tatenen i really belive this fella has evrything to win a arkle a chaser with pace that stays over 2 miles which i think you need to do to win a arkle eg fast pace and the hill.

Wen Tatenen destroyed Straw bear over CD in december people didnt think the form was that solid with straw bear not taking to been a chaser but SB hurdle form over the CD was a to a very high standered and to beat him the way he did really impressed me

Wen he got beat over in ireland i feel the race was all wrong for the horse smallish field the course etc….i really feel if tatenen comes here showing the form he did wen he beat straw bear he can run a massive race and feel he can show his class to this lot and ive backed him for last few months wen he got pushed out for losing in ireland

Smallish field in Ireland put you off but small field victory v straw bear impressed you? Sounds like the blinkers are on…..

For what its worth i think Calgary bay is a worthy favourite but both imsingingtheblues ans followtheplan can throw up a result at better prices.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Ground is definitely starting to go against ISTB.

Participant
    • Total Posts 274

Yep definately wants good but has form on GS with Calgary bay giving 8 lb and going down by 4L. Its gonna be hard to know exactly how the ground is gonna play out at this stage with the forecast winds.. :(

• Total Posts 292

yea the rain needs to stay away for blue n then rain ready for friday wiv nipper.. :wink:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Imsingingtheblues is by Pistolet Bleu and so id imagine that 2miles on gd-sft is perfect for him, and any better or any worse is probably less than ideal. Only forseeable problem is that the arkle isnt really run like an average 2 mile race and calls for a bit more stamina, especially as the ground looks like being on the the worse side of gd-sft at best (and possibly soft in places)

I think that my main fancy Followtheplan would (ideally) want it to be just on the better side of good-sft, but then even if it is just on the worse side it should be better than he ran on last time.

If it was soft then I should think that Golden Silver, Planet Of Sound, Calgary Bay and Bringbackthebiff should go well.

On the offchance that it is soft ground it could be worth covering a little double off with Medermit (16-1) and Golden Silver (20-1) as they would have a cracking chance on those terms at fair prices.

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 298 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.