The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Ham I never mentioned Drf or King George ? , i just said I thought he was better than 136 , I’m sure the handicapper will agree and put him up , still only 7

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Finding it hard to pick between El Fabiolo and Jonbon at their prices, so having looked at recent results I’m going to try and find an outsider to play e/w and hope they can pick up a place. I think this angle should be aided by the fact that the race will likely be run at a very fast pace so something could pass the tiring ones who’ve been given a live chance of winning.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Laid Jonbon back at 2.7 on Betfair. I would probably have let my bet ride if he had won in better style at Warwick but the combination of his workmanlike performance and the style of El Fabiolo’s win at Leopardstown means laying off is the best option.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Jonbon was crabbed widely for his Warwick win, but, for me, he showed something we’d never have seen had the race gone smoothly – a huge will to get going and win. But for Jonbon, Calico would have been 3 from 3 this season, so he’s not short of talent. Certain to be a fair bit of ease in the gourd now for The Arkle, and I make Jonbon a confident choice.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7473

Should be between the top 2 Jonbon and El Fabiolo, nip and tuck between the two and the former proved he can tough it out last time, but a few potentially in the mix for the other place. I’ll go a left field here with Straw Fan Jack 66/1 e/w 3 places. Although his last run was in a handicap the race was run in a decent time and the selection matches anything the others have done time wise. A Course and Distance winner and has coped perfectly well with soft ground on the occasions he has encountered it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1035

For me El Fabiolo has to many question marks about his jumping. Dysart Dynamo jumped fine at Leopardtowns, but seemed to run out of steam in the end. The Arkle is a bit shorter in distance and I think the softer ground will help him too. I think he can get the other out of their comfort zone earlier on this ground. Also added Jonbon / Constitution Hill in a double as a saver.

Dysart Dynamo 5/1

• Total Posts 14971

I was going to sit this out, but I know I’d be kicking myself I didn’t back Saint Roi, after betting him a few times the last couple of years. I think he should be a wee bit shorter here, so happy to have a rare Arkle bet

Saint Roi 8’s

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

This is the race i’ve selected, for Tuesday, for one of my ‘silly’ outright punts:

Straw Fan Jack at 100s each way (BOG)

:good:

Edit: I see Rob has had an e/w on same horse

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

If Dynamo can be persuaded to stop being a hard pulling loon then I reckon he,s Jonbons biggest danger

Participant
    • Total Posts 1703

Dysart Dynamo bolting off on front could get some of these out of their comfort zone and force some mistakes out of them. He could prove hard to reel in and he’s a pretty mad price now.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

El Fabiolo is my biggest single result of the Festival so got everything crossed , also put a little 66-1 ew on Ha d’Or who should benefit from a strong pace.

If Jonbon jumps as well as he can, he should win though.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

Let’s hope they all come back ok and sound.
    Jonbon and El Fabio have this between them.
    I’d love Effernock Fizz to nick third. Go on tiny fella

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Jonbon 6-1 ew, El Fabiolo 8-1 ew.
    Good luck all.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Get in!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Really hope Dysart is Ok, he gave it socks.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Hopefully DD is ok

Participant
    • Total Posts 16518

Fingers crossed for DD gave his all.
    A big up to Daryl Jacob not onboard the winner and still big enough to cheer him over the line.

Viewing 17 posts - 137 through 153 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.