The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Dysart Dynamo may not be top top class Nathan. He’s only looked good against mediocre opposition up to now and his free going style don’t help either.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

As said previous, arkle winner by a distance, wont be touched

Participant
    • Total Posts 2028

V impressive, esp after that mistake, otherwise jumping was tidy enough

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Ham you are taking on Jonbon who’s a better jumper than him and who beat him at Aintree … Despite a hard race at chelt , I don’t see how he does , Towsend obvs didn’t think he was a good thing

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Ignore that he’s Jacobs ride

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1030

Townsend would have had the choice he tends to ride Mullins horses for Munir & Suede. El Fabiolo was having just his 2nd start over hurdles at Aintree don’t forget. Well 3rd technically I suppose but he went a year and a half from his French run to his Irish one. We need El Fabiolo vs Jonbon at Cheltenham, the Turners can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Hdlg, how many runs had el fab had in comparison to jonbon at aintree? Room for improvement is all el fabs, wont get near him, hes a class apart, appreciate it, is absolutely no mug

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

What I can see happening is jonbons better jumping winning the arkle

Then come march 2024 el fabiolo has improved past him

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Yeah because Jonbon is massively exposed as a jumper , how many times have both ran over jumps ? ….

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

I’m on Jonny so I’m naturally going to side with him but he definitely needs to be running in and winning this kingmaker he’s supposedly going for on Saturday.

He’s a big old boy and if he was to try and turn up in March having not ran for nearly 14 weeks that would be less than ideal.

He’s clearly the one they all have to beat though.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

I wonder how Jonbon’s jumping would’ve held up in that proper race yesterday and would he have won by 10 lengths? And whatever Jonbon does in the Kingmaker (presumably a decisive win) would we not think El Fabiolo would do similar?

Looks a proper race now this one.

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1030

You have to be careful with collateral form but consider how easily Banbridge beat Tommy’s Oscar and that one in turn has beaten Boothill fairly comfortably albeit in receipt of a penalty. Boothill is the best horse Jonbon has beaten over fences. He did it easily don’t get me wrong but my take is that the Irish novice chasers are a lot better than the UK ones and as much as horses like The Real Whacker are great, in an ordinary year would he be one of our leading novices?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Ok where were these horses in last year’s supreme ?

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

“my take is that the Irish novice chasers are a lot better than the UK ones”

The 2 mile race yesterday had more strength in depth than what Jonbon has raced against but it is dangerous to dismiss a good one from the Nicky Henderson stable. It can be argued that Shishkin’s collateral novice hurdle form was inferior to Abacadabras but it didn’t stop Shishkin from winning the Supreme. A good argument can be made for both chasers atm.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Agreed Mike, a good case can be made for both. The eyes tell you Jonbon loves chasing, but he does have question marks too.

Same can be said for El Fab he has room for improvement in the jumping, but has the better form over fences.

I’m on Jonbon more than El Fab so i’d be happier with him winning, but i’d favour El Fab starting again now.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

According to Simon Rowland’s time analysis El Fab has overtaken Jonbon…but not by far. He does suggest however, that El Fab was inefficient in his running at the weekend and in theory would’ve clocked an even faster time if more efficient. 3rd fastest Irish Arkle time this century.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

That’s it then. We can all pack up and go home. Just give the trophy to El Fabiolos connections and tear up our tickets if we’re on anything else.

I’m going to e-mail Simon knowsfuckall and ask him for the 28 horse accumulator I can put 20 quid on for this years festival save in the knowledge that his time figures are a cast iron guarantee of who’s going to win what race. And not only that. In the exact time he predicts as well.

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.