The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

antepost grand national bets

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks antepost grand national bets

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 909

anyone had any anteposts bets on the grand national whoon and what odds have you got?

vf

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

I will be making some enquiries and hope to place my wedge on LONGSHANKS, 8)

I was considering Mr Pointment, but he was a Dis-aPointment on Saturday. Has Mr Nicholls stated what was wrong?

I shall wait till after the Festival, not just to weigh up form, but to weigh up how much cash I have left!! :?

regards,

doyley

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Was just watching THE ONE SHOW on bbc one, and tomorrow they will be showing "their national horse" Mckelvey doing some training for the national.

For anyone interested

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 27766

This looks permission to aftertime.
    So:
    Took 25/1 Bewleys Berry and 33/1 Simon before the season started.
    Then backed Mr Pointment 17/1 and Parsons Legacy 35/1 after the weights were published. I hear Paul Nicholls charge is not a certain runner now, hopefully he will be o.k. And 8/1 Cloudy Lane yesterday.

Last year I ended up taking 11/10 about any of my 11 horses winning, including Silver Birch at 43/1 and McKelvey 33/1. Both were unfortunately saver bets, ended up making just £7 profit. Probably won’t be having as many bets this year.

value is everything
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Both my early AP bets are now well and truly shafted.

I backed both Butlers Cabin and Mr Pointment the former back in the autumn and the latter after his Becher win.

Looks as though the bets were both kisses of death. Neither has done anything since and neither looks like having any chance.

After the Grimthorpe Chase on Saturday I liked both Cloudy Lane and Ungaro. However Cloudy Lane is far too short at 6/1. I did, however, avail myself of the 40/1 Skybet were offering on Ungaro.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

Comply or Die 25/1 and Chelsea Harbour 33/1 – had so many bets last year that I’ve really restricted myself this time.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Was on Character Building at 40 or so, but that’s went the way of all wood. I’ll be looking to back Comply Or Die sooner rather than later, and I’m going to have to decide whether McKelvey is worth a punt before his second hurdles spin or to wait and see what happens.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 909

mine are simon and naunton brook, do fancay longshanks though, bewleys berry and parsons legacy

vf

theGoingStick
    • Total Posts 7

I’ve taken my usual scatter gun approach and have :-

Bewleys Berry 25/1
    Comply or Die 33/1
    Butlers Cabin 16/1
    McKelvey 25/1

I was quite sweet on Character Building but obviously that has been sunk now. I don’t hold out much hope for Butlers Cabin, but funnier things have happened.

I’ll probably back one more on the day.

Brody
    • Total Posts 11

All backed E/W in order of amount staked:

Point Barrow – 25-1
    Slim Pickings – 25-1
    Bewleys Berry – 20-1
    Parson’s Legacy – 33-1

Still holding out hopes of PB running into a place, Slim seems to have been nicely laid out with only this race in mind as last year so most confident of a win with him. BB impressed in the Becher and last year but not sure he’s certain to stay, ran a stinker at Haydock but not bothered about that really. Parsons just have a fancy for him running into a place and has massive value compared to Cloudy Lane.

zome
    • Total Posts 232

BARON WINDRUSH. If he gets into the race.

I’ve been following McKelvey on The One Show too… mostly hoping for a peak at Ballycassidy.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Vodka Bleu at 140/1, Bewley’s at 25’s are the main bets.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Both my early AP bets are now well and truly shafted.

I backed both Butlers Cabin and Mr Pointment the former back in the autumn and the latter after his Becher win.

I wouldn’t give up on Butlers Cabin just yet… He looked fat to me last time he ran… This horse needs an extreme test of stamina to be at his best. 3m Chases are a relative sprint for him

I haven’t backed anything yet but I have my eye on Chelsea Harbour who looks an out and out stayer to me I was just a bit disappointed that he’s ended with over 11st…

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 909

BARON WINDRUSH. If he gets into the race.

I’ve been following McKelvey on The One Show too… mostly hoping for a peak at Ballycassidy.

baron windrush withdrawn on first forfeit stage

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.