The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ante post Football season bets – How are you doing?

Home Forums General Sports Ante post Football season bets – How are you doing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    yorkiedips
    • Total Posts 95

Dear all

Thought it would be useful at the three quarter point of season gone for people to comment on their portfolio

Indicated below were my selections at the start of the season with my comments next to them.

Re aftertiming accusations, some of these were in earlier threads

Premiership

10 points Tottenham +18 points (I think) BWIN – Win only (All they accept) – Looking good…I hope…but will come to that later!!

8 points Stoke +32 points (I think) Bwin – Win only

Conference / Blue Square Premier

Main bet – 40 points – York City – BWIN – WIN Only – Started season well, top scorer got injured – hopeful of play off spot but no chance of winning

Saver bet – 15 points – Fleetwood – BWIN – Win only – Looking good..but probably writing this now put "kiss of death" on them!!!!

1.5 point E/W l15 – William Hill

Van persie – Top prem scorer – Again looking good

Brighton on Handicap – Championship – Started well, faltered but now coming back strongly. Hint of promise still in this

Walsall on handciap – Div 1 – Oh dear…placed after advice from someone close to club who said there was a good chance that there would be some big investment in club in Autumn. This never materialised

Swindon – Div 2 – Also Looking good

Now I had been saving the Big Kick Off from Racing Post for months to enable me to track the handicap bets. However my other half mistakenly cleared out our newspaper rack just after xmas and threw it away. THIS IS WHERE ANY HELP FROM OTHERFORUMITES WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.I had my wallet stolen in Manchester which had this L15 slip in. Have sorted the bet out with WH at the shop it was placed in re anyone who tried to claim but I no longer know what the prices for the 4 bets in the L15 were at the start of the season.

Has anyone kept a copy of the Big Kick off and if so could you postthe full handicap list from William hill for Championship and confirm the prices for Van persie and Swindon from WH.

Also if anyone has got the full handicap list from Bwin for premiership at start of the season that would be useful too.

yorkiedips

HimselfHimself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

Back in May 2011, I began betting on Celtic to win the 2012 SPL. I put various single bets at differing prices over many days and weeks.

When Rangers went 15 points clear I had more or less resigned myself to losing quite a few quid.

However, Rangers’ form slump coincided with Celtic’s revival and as a consequence Celtic managed to claw back the deficit to eventually get their noses 7 points in front.

A further 10 pts reduction for Rangers’ tax indiscretions means… I’ll be collecting a fair little sum in May.

Happy ( or should that be Hoopy ) days ! :D

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17539

Do these every season, and chuck a few quid at it, with various accas and perms. Normally go very close, but it’s been a disaster this season.

Don’t normally do foreign leagues but first name down was Real Madrid, who have done me proud, as have Celtic, West Ham, and Swindon.

Of my outsiders, MK Dons, Brentford & Port Vale, have performed respectably, but way off the pace now.

Unfortunately Notts Forest :oops: , Crawley, Luton (when will I learn?), Morton, Livingston, and Forfar, or f*****g Forfar as they’re now known, have all been very poor.

No chance of a return, back to the drawing board.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.