The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Answer this horse racing question then ask the next

Home Forums Horse Racing Answer this horse racing question then ask the next

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 1,494 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

I keep forgetting about these

Royal Bonsai. Won the Summit Juvenile, well down the field in the Fred Winter, made his debut in the US in the autumn.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1660

I keep forgetting about these

Royal Bonsai. Won the Summit Juvenile, well down the field in the Fred Winter, made his debut in the US in the autumn.

I thought nobody would reply! Yes, Royal Bonsai is certainly one to watch in the spring jumps season. He’s now in Richard Valentine’s barn.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Whilst Mark TT considers a question to pose, I thought I’d throw this in to keep the thread ticking over:

Name the Arc winner who won a Nursery carrying 7-12.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2039

just a hunch; Star Appeal?

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Well done befair – he won the 1972 Birdcatcher Nursery at Naas ridden by Johnnie Roen when trained by John Oxx’s father in the colours of Maria Mehl-Mülhens whose silks are currently seen on British racetracks courtesy of Wild Coco.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Well done befair – he won the 1972 Birdcatcher Nursery at Naas ridden by Johnnie Roen when trained by John Oxx’s father in the colours of Maria Mehl-Mülhens whose silks are currently seen on British racetracks courtesy of Wild Coco.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2039

What horse beat Captain Christy in the Benson and Hedges Hurdle in Fairyhouse? The Captain carried top weight, and went down fighting.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

Whilst Mark TT considers a question to pose, I thought I’d throw this in to keep the thread ticking over:

Name the Arc winner who won a Nursery carrying 7-12.

Thanks ! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

What horse beat Captain Christy in the Benson and Hedges Hurdle in Fairyhouse? The Captain carried top weight, and went down fighting.

Was it the Tommy Carberry ridden Maddenstown, carrying 9-10 in 1973?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2039

Good one Ivanjica; I remember watching it on TV. It was in the middle of the Captain’s chasing career.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Good one Ivanjica; I remember watching it on TV. It was in the middle of the Captain’s chasing career.

Don’t recall watching it myself (probably not broadcast in the UK?) but I remember being in a pub with my dad and watching the Captain capsize in the Wills Premier Chase at Haydock one Saturday afternoon. The Captain was a breathtaking horse – sometimes sublimely good as with his 1975 King George demolition job, and on other occasions awful as with the Haydock race and his walking through the last fence in the ’74 GC – though he did get away with that one.

Mark TT would you like to pose the next question as I took your go with the Star Appeal one?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2039

Don’t recall watching it myself (probably not broadcast in the UK?) but I remember being in a pub with my dad and watching the Captain capsize in the Wills Premier Chase at Haydock one Saturday afternoon. The Captain was a breathtaking horse – sometimes sublimely good as with his 1975 King George demolition job, and on other occasions awful as with the Haydock race and his walking through the last fence in the ’74 GC – though he did get away with that one.

Mark TT would you like to pose the next question as I took your go with the Star Appeal one?

BTW, just looked it up; the Captain carried 12.7 and Maddenstownn 9.7. Later that season he won the Gold Cup as a novice.

jpaul71
    • Total Posts 35

Which horse was beaten 72Ls by a multiple G1 winner who then went on to win the Ryan Air Chase in his very next race?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2047

Imperial Commander

jpaul71
    • Total Posts 35

Yep and what a gallant effort he put up trying to defy the years today

Participant
    • Total Posts 2047

When Arkle won his first race over jumps he was the stable’s second-string and started at odds of 20/1. What was the name of his stable companion that went off the even-money favourite?

• Total Posts 15019

Arkloin?

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 1,494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.