The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Amok

Home Forums Memorials Amok

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Fell at 4 out yesterday in the 2.20pm race at Market Rasen. He seemed to run on okay, but RP has him as fatally injured so I can only assume something gave way once he was back on his feet and following the other runners.

RIP. :(

• Total Posts 433

Bit of a puzzle here. He did run on and was clearly visible rounding the bend in the last few hundred yards. I’m sure the commentator mentioned two loose horses finishing too. Maybe he collided with something?

Cmap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 18

Sorry to say, racing post live feed reported a freak accident falling in the brook in the middle of the course and breaking his back. Apparently not railed off so as not to attract horses.

Jane of Herts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

I might be able to shed some light on this, having read a brief note on the Racing Post website originating from Market Rasen’s Clerk of the Course which referred to a freak accident which had occurred.

So I’ve researched further, and it transpires he jumped into a brook and broke his back – I understand from the original note that the brook is part of their reservoir system and isn’t cordoned off by rails.

What an awful way to go – surviving a race mishap only to stray into a danger area whilst running loose. RIP poor unfortunate Amok.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.