The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Albert Bartlett

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Albert Bartlett

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Yes he does and he’s a fairly big horse too- I think he’ll be kept to softish ground as much as possible.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Hard to see Letsbeclearaboutit beating the winner any time soon, so switched to him at 10s he travelled good the whole way and finished strong.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Similarly to Mike I like Grangeclare West for this, think Mullins will opt for this race as he already has Gaelic Warrior for the Ballymore.

Interestingl GrangeClare West and Gaelic Warrior are entered in the same race on Sunday (2.20pm Naas, a G1 over 2m4f), with Grangeclare 5/4 fav and Gaelic 9/4 second fav. Though wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a ploy to get better odds on Gaelic before he pulls Grangeclare out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Just rewatched the grangeclare west hurdle win and to my novice eye looks like the ballymore trip could be his optimum, if he was trained by anyone else i’d probably want to back him for that race but it’s just the gaelic warrior aspect making me think willie will split them up.

Sundays race could be very telling if they both take up their entries.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

This contest, if Chezza remembers correctly, has been won by not one but two subsequent Cheltenham Gold Cup winners.

Bobs Worth and Minella Indo.

Both horses had identical vowels in each of their two-word names.

Narrow the entries down to these and you not only have this year’s winner, but a potential related-contingency double which will be accepted over the counter at most Coral betting shops.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Funny you say that Ian as when I was looking through Grangeclare West’s profile I was thinking he could be a future gold cup horse being by Presenting! Though I completely forgot that aspect to him when re-watching his hurdle win and deciding he would be better over the ballymore trip lol.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

You won’t get paid but you’ll have a nice piece of paper to look at at least

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

FF do you mean you think Grangeclare will go for the Albert Bartlett? Or just that you think the horse has no chance of winning at the festival at all? 🙂

Participant
    • Total Posts 1442

I’ve taken 10-1 non runner no bet for Favori De Champdou

• Total Posts 14971

Bet Letsbeclearaboutit for this. Like this horse, and happy enough with the win the other day.

I did like him for Coral Cup long term, but here or chasing looks the plan. I think the 25’s NRNB, is still a reasonable price.

I still like Three Card Brag, and may add him again, but having cashed him out weeks ago, certainly won’t be getting the 25’s again

Letsbeclearaboutit 33’s NRNB

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Already got one certain losing bet in this race so thought I may as well make it 2 and have backed Princess Zoe 20/1 win only (she makes her hurdle debut in about 10mins at leopardstown)

Participant
    • Total Posts 6158

Absolute Notions @ 12/1 NRNB

Everything depends on how good a race it was but i was very impressed by that Good land on just his second run at the weekend. The second ran well also and was not stopping at all at the finish. Just backed him for the Martin pipe as well NRNB just in case he heads that way.

Participant
    • Total Posts 86

SEABANK BISTRO

4th in last years bumper and screamed a stayer in the making.

This season, better than the bare form suggests, Gave weight to CORBERTS CROSS but comes out slightly in front of that.

Beat SANDONITO 5 lengths and SANDONITO a nose second to EMBASSY GARDENS, (They ran again last time but SANDONITO ran too bad to be true and a line through that race).

SANDONITO ran HIDDEN VALLEY LAKE to 2 and a half lengths. all of that brings BISTRO into this.

But, here is the thing for me. If you watch BISTRO’S races on right handed tracks he cocks his head to the left hand side and ever so slightly jumps left over his hurdles. However, when he races on left handed tracks he is much more straightforward. winning a bumper around Naas beating SANDONITO 5 lengths, finishing 4th in the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham and last time out winning again around Nass over 2:3 crying out for a step up in trip, Coincidently winning the same race as THE NICE GUY prior to his Albert Bartlett run last season.

OVERLOOKED THIS HORSE

on at massive prices ew and exchange.

Not saying it will win but far too big in the market and will make a lovely chaser.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

Old Vic and Roselier in the pedigree, too.

Looks a decent each way shout

Participant
    • Total Posts 1035

De Legislator runs at Haydock saturday. Backed him at 66/1 for the Albert Bartlett. Hoping for a big run saturday, a real stayer I think.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1442

Yogi, it’s very rare that I’ll get swayed by others selections, but I do like your call, and your analysis for Seabank Bistro. I’ve added him myself now at 22-1 non runner no bet to go with Favori De Champdou.

Full credit to you if he obliges for me

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

I have a tiny share in Makin’yourmindup who won the Grade 2 Albert Bartlett Prestige Novices Hurdle at Haydock today. A proper punch up with the second up the straight, its a shame one of them had to lose but I’m glad it was Collectors Item! Both had a hard race so can’t seem them going to the AB at the Fez.

Makin’yourmindup is going to be a serious novice chaser next season.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.