The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Albert Bartlett

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Albert Bartlett

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

Well, even though you missed the Arkle win you can at least take some solace that you saw the potential.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

That is indeed a great story Ian! Love hearing stories like that!!

• Total Posts 14971

Very rarely I bet any of the novice hurdles Antepost these days, but very interested in Three Card Brag for this. Won on hurdles debut yesterday, and he’s one who I think could have a decent future.

Very early days of course, but I like him enough to seriously consider the 25’s (taken it now)

Three Card Brag 25’s

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Letsbeclearaboutit 28-1

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

just taken 33/1 Cool Survivor after his win

couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

One a day where the Bear Ghylls dream died it was nice to see a decent form boost for Kalanisi Star. Beat Monbeg Park by an easy 16 lengths in the Doc’s bumper. 50s still available with PP for this and the Ballymore. GSI!

couteau
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

Happy with that from Kalanisi Star with a fair Mullins horse in second and 18 lengths back to the third. Crying for a step up in trip and McKiernan alluded to that post/race. Whether he goes up to intermediate or 3 miles remains to be seen – going to have another little saver on the Ballymore just in case. 33s still out there which is absolutely fair. Form of his ptp and bumper have received numerous boosts.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

I’ve taken some American Mike in case he comes here esp if he wins well today

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Added Grangeclare West 8-1

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Jumped like a snooker table at times but must have a serious engine to win like that in a strong looking maiden

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Far too quick for the ballymore

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

He’s got absolutely zero chance in a supreme on that performance ham

He looks a stayer and bartlett/ballymore the only real options for him

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

I seen plenty to suggest hes a ballymore horse also ff, as i said i was speculative on the supreme, hence why i added him in the ballymore, id say he could come down in trip, i seen nothing to suggest he wants 3m though, nothing atall, far too quick

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

“i seen nothing to suggest he wants 3m though, nothing atall, far too quick”

Depends how Mullins shuffles his pack. He has other possibilities for the Ballymore and I don’t see 3m being a problem with this lad.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Letsbeclearaboutit 33/1

Hoping he wins at cork today

Ran very nicely on debut behind American mike and had very good bumper form with sir gerhard and kilcruit.

Should love the 3 miles and soft ground.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

I’m looking forward to seeing Mercurey out today. I think they think a bit of him and were a bit surprised he was beaten in a listed bumper last year (by one of their own plus Blizzard of Oz who they then bought). Apparently he has strengthened up a lot since then.

He’ll only be 5 next year but he is a French bred and Allaho ran in this aged 5. I don’t think he’s Supreme or even Ballymore type, there’s stamina in the pedigree and in his bumper win he galloped them out of it from 4f out, in his defeat he was done for toe.

There’s a chance he wouldn’t go at all (like Capodanno and Al Boum Photo at the same age) but all the same, he’s my first bet here. You can get 50s with Unibet but I don’t have an account with them so the best I could do was use my Paddy Power boost to 45s.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Think he will enjoy today’s soft ground, looked to have a very rounded knee action in his bumper win from what I remember

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.