The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Aintree Bowl 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Aintree Bowl 2015

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Paddy Power have opened a book on this race and the list is as follows:-

Holywell 7/4
    Silviniaco Conti 9/4
    Ma Filleule 4/1
    Boston Bob 8/1
    Menorah 12/1
    Smad Place 16/1

I dare say Silviniaco Conti fans will see their boy as the value here, but if the ground is on the faster side I’d be against him, even at bigger odds than Holywell. Ma Filleule has gradually got back to something like it and was the one who got nearest to trailblazer Uxizandre at the festival.

Quite difficult to make a case for Boston Bob the way he’s been running and the Hobbs stable are currently firing at less than 6% strike rate, so that puts one off Menorah big time.

Smad Place was only a head behind Silviniaco Conti in the Gold Cup but is the rank outsider at 16/1 here. One or two might see that as a fun alternative to the Gold Cup fav who trades 9/4 on the opening show.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 11

I’m a big fan of Smad Place and had him EW for the Gold Cup. I’ve just checked his profile and he had a 3rd there in a good race behind Holywell and Solwhit 2 years ago.

Probably prefers Cheltenham but as you rightly said he’s worth a punt.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Bet 365 have a much more extensive list for this race, so I have reproduced their current odds (Sat 21st March 2pm) to give a better idea of who might show up on the day.

Holywell 2
    Silviniaco Conti 5/2
    Ma Filleule 5
    Many Clouds 5
    Don Cossack 6
    Boston Bob 10
    Menorah 9
    Taquin Du Seuil 12
    Eduard 14
    Smad Place 16
    Sam Winner 16
    Wonderful Charm 16
    Houblon Des Obeaux 25
    The Giant Bolster 25

Taquin Du Seuil had a poor effort at Cheltenham, in fact he’s been a disappointment in general this season.

I think Ma Filleule would be my pick at 5/1 and just take the Gold Cup right out of the equation as the key to the race.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.