The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A question Folks…

Home Forums Horse Racing A question Folks…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aphardy
    • Total Posts 190

Was looking at backing Oarsman today at Folkstone, but was quite concerned by his draw in stall 13. As the stalls are placed on the stands side today, would I be correct in thinking stall 13 is furthest out on the track? And is this the case any time the stalls are on the stands side i.e Stall 1 being closest to the stands side rail?

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Was looking at backing Oarsman today at Folkstone, but was quite concerned by his draw in stall 13. As the stalls are placed on the stands side today, would I be correct in thinking stall 13 is furthest out on the track? And is this the case any time the stalls are on the stands side i.e Stall 1 being closest to the stands side rail?

Stalls are numbered from 1 upwards from right to left as you look at them face on. I think it’s the other way round in France. Not sure about the good ol’ US of A. Sometimes at Epsom for the Dash they don’t bother with stalls, just to make it more interesting :?

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

In a lot of the races on the straight course at Folkestone the runners come down the middle or far side. Being drawn on the outside may not be so much of a concern.

aphardy
    • Total Posts 190

Cheers people.

Maybe should’ve back him after all!

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Stalls are numbered from 1 upwards from right to left as you look at them face on. I think it’s the other way round in France. Not sure about the good ol’ US of A. Sometimes at Epsom for the Dash they don’t bother with stalls, just to make it more interesting :?

In France stall 1 is always on the rail, right or left-handed.
    Ditto for the US, but of course all their tracks are left-handed.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

In France stall 1 is always on the rail, right or left-handed.
    Ditto for the US, but of course all their tracks are left-handed.

What about on straight tracks?

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

In a straight course race, they still number the stalls from the rail, so if the stalls are stands side, stall 1 will be nearest the stands at Longchamp, for example.

kentdougal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 277

Well it wouldn’t have been a problem had not Steve Drowne in his wisdom(?) crossed right across to the stands side instead of going to the far rail

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.