The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A little help please

Home Forums Horse Racing A little help please

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BonnieFilly
    • Total Posts 13

Hi, i’ve only been into racing for about a year or so and i’ve discovered the boring flat season can be made a little more exciting by betting. However i’m having some trouble understanding the rules of a Toteswinger and i wondered if someone could be so kind as to explain them to me in layman’s terms.

I did try asking the staff at William Hill and Labrokes, but i don’t have any photographic ID and seen as i look to young to bet they won’t entertain me. :roll:

My first question is if i play a banker toteswinger and my banker is later declared a non-runner does this make the bet void?

Also do i get the odds at the time the bet was placed or do i get the odds after the race has been run?

Thank you in advance. :)

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Welcome to the forum

My understanding is the Toteswinger has the same non-runner rules as the Exacta and Trifecta i.e. non-runner and the bet is void.

As it is a pool bet you will have no way of knowing how much the pay-out will be until after the race.

BonnieFilly
    • Total Posts 13

Thank you for your help and kind welcome Paul. Both of my bets went down today anyway, oh well i shall try again next week. :(

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.