The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 783 through 799 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Here we go,here we go here we go,
    Laying

Orfevre

at 1/3 and 1/5,
    he has his fans
    they’ve flown in from Japan,
    This horse may have
    a Mitsubishi engine,
    and a jockey more boy than man.
    Here we go here we go here we go
    I’ve got the field running for me,
    so ‘Orfevre’ will need to show
    he’s no Kamikaaazeeeeeeeeeee.
    He’ll travel like a Rolls Royce
    for sure,
    but its when the chips
    are down that he’s poor
    he lacks the substance of
    a real class horse
    and there’s plenty proper
    Group 1’s in this
    so I’m confident as per usual
    even if I’m slightly P*ssed!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord what you think of INTELLO today i thought run well when you think trying trip for 1st time and ground was not fast for him if he stays in training he can lots of group ones at 1m2 even 1m4 next year.

Also your review of the arc as well

ORFEVERE will win japan cup i backed him last year got beat a nose not happen this year

and i ask you before but no reply from you how you rate GEOFFREY CHAUNCER compared to other 2yos from stable. did you see OKALAHOMA City yesterday as well not a group one winner but think he do ok next year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Darren

Intello

proved me wrong today,he ran a great race and can only improve,that 2/1fav ‘Orfevre’ is nothing special but I’ve said plenty about him,I’d take ‘Intello’ to beat him should they meet again.The winner was awesome and turned the race into a non-event really.I could have laid the red hot fav at 7/4 but I stuck to my in-running strategy and never got on unfortunately but that was due to the winner controlling the whole book from 2 out. :roll:

Geoffrey Chaucer

did it well beating

Oklahoma city

but I reckon the latter was brought to win the Tattersalls Millions so the form has holes in it.your

Australia

is different class so stop flapping.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord any thoughts on dewhurst or middle park this week i think
    BE READY win the dewhurst i do.And hope my DOMINATION gets a good draw and rain stay away too.

Also did you see maiden races at navan today was impressed by MARVELOUS and 2nd from Weld look good too.1m colts maiden look ok too but people in bookies not happy with Joseph on fav in race swearing and all that other caper going on.

Also who you think be there gold cup horse as you know i am a fan of LEADING LIGHT ignore arc run one race too many i think he the one to beat. he is not many horses carry a pen and win queens vase and way he finished proved he love extra furlongs.But see EYE OF THE STORM won at 2m so maybe he be there horse instead.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Who was it that was laughing at me a year ago today when my 20/1 2000 gns winner won the Dewhurst? Someone on here was calling my big chestnut slow,names like a ‘Great white Elephant’ spring to mind!! :lol: Now I’m not

War commands

biggest fan but to keep his 2000gns price at 12/1 after todays unimpressive Dewhurst win could prove costly for those dastardly Bookmakers,a year ago ‘Dawn appraoch’ went 5/2 for the classic and he didn’t impress most either.What I like about ‘War Command’ is his size,he’s no Derby horse but he’ll just get the mile and on faster ground he’s a big threat to the likes of ‘Kingman’ and ‘Toormore’.
    Today is all about my ‘Supreme’horse

Tiger Cliff

,if he wins today he’ll be fav for the nov hurdlers Cheltenham showpiece having never jumped a twig,he’s built to though.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Hi gord you missed my last post you did asking you about gold cup winner next year and maiden races at navan too.

And did you see CENTURY as you know along with HORSEGUARDSPARADE was one of my horses to follow that had not run yet any thoughts on that performance.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Hi gord you missed my last post you did asking you about gold cup winner next year and maiden races at navan too.

And did you see CENTURY as you know along with HORSEGUARDSPARADE was one of my horses to follow that had not run yet any thoughts on that performance.

Simenon

is my Ascot Gold Cup horse Darren and

First Lieutenant

and

Boston bob

are my Cheltenham Gold cup horses with

Same Difference

my Hennessey Gold cup horse.
    I was impressed with

Century

and thanks to Boz for reminding me

Prudent Approach

makes her debut tomorrow,I’ve been looking forward to seeing her all season.
    Great to see the camaraderie of the Horsey folk generate a healthy 550,000 Euros at Limerick today,for excellent causes.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

If you think Simenon could win our best stayers race off level weights Gord (agree he’s a player)… What about the Melbourne Cup off

bottom

weight?! :o And might not even be "good enough" to get a run!

I’ve got 33/1 but at Bet 365’s 20/1 still looks an outstanding bet to me. Had his first race in AUS last week; length third in a

1m4f

handicap, getting 6 lbs off the winner Sea Moon. Surely the Irish horse can do a lot better at

2 miles

?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If you think Simenon could win our best stayers race off level weights Gord (agree he’s a player)… What about the Melbourne Cup off

bottom

I’ve got 33/1 but at Bet 365’s 20/1 still looks an outstanding bet to me. Had his first race in AUS last week; length third in a

1m4f

handicap, getting 6 lbs off the winner Sea Moon. Surely the Irish horse can do a lot better at

2 miles

?

You know me Ginge,Loyalty and that,I’ve had a whole Tenner on at 40’s about my Gold cup horse winning a mere handicap.Trouble is I do believe the old adage "Hasn’t tried a leg all year" applies to

Mount Athos

in this case and should he win this ‘Handicap’ then Luca needs to answer a few questions.Mr Cumani was a master at landing ‘Handicaps’ back in the 80’s with the likes of

Chinoiserie

Free guest

and

Fish and chips

so he knows how to play the system better than most.If the ground rides very fast i’d give

Dandino

a shout,he’s a proper 11/2m horse but has a touch of speed,he’s closely linked with ‘Sea Moon’ too. 5/2 about an ex-European horse winning the Melbourne Cup would do for me as the Aussies have nowt special themselves,just shows what a poor bunch they are.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

thanks to Boz for reminding me

Prudent Approach

makes her debut tomorrow,I’ve been looking forward to seeing her all season.

Quite a modest start to her career Gord, only 8th behind hot fav Sparrow who was making her third appearance. A wee boost to fans of Dermot Weld’s Tested who beat Sparrow comfortably enough previously. I thought Weld’s filly Lanyard (also Khalid Abdullah) was worth keeping an eye on as well.

Happy punting!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord what you think of TESTED won maiden well she did as above poster said.Any thoughts on 2yo races from last week i like this
    MARVELOUS and 2nd from moyglare looks good too and i thought Aga khan 2yo who won last week and today could be good horses for John Oxx as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

bottom

1m4f

2 miles

?

You know me Ginge,Loyalty and that,I’ve had a whole Tenner on at 40’s about my Gold cup horse winning a mere handicap.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I could’ve guessed the price you’ve "had" Gord. :wink:
    You seem to always get a price just a touch better than me. :lol:
    Funny that. Shame you don’t share the tip with the rest of your fans when the price is still actually available though. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord i think DAWN APPROACH a cert this week he is any other bets at Ascot.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

In Atout could be out for the season :-(

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Steve, I’m afraid

Prudent approach

is nothing special,just goes to show how breeding is so unredictable.Darren the winner ‘Sparrow’ certainly boosted

Testeds

form and I’d expect the chestnut Selkirk filly to confirm her superiority should they meet again.I haven’t seen any 2yo’s of note this week mate,

Gothic

probably the the one with most improvement.Nottingham and Wednesdays are synonimous throughout the last 5 weeks of the flat but again I’ve seen no 2yo to get carried away about yet.My thoughts are geared towards the big boys game of jumping now and already I’ve burnt my fingers on

Un Atout

by the looks of it Gary,the worst part of Ante-Post betting not getting a run but those of us who do it know the score.

Dawn approach

a certainty eh Darren? I’m still living off his Guineas win as far as keeping up the confidence goes,time I found another Nugget…….And not one of those Corn on the cob ones that you get in Sh*t!! :lol:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Gord i think DAWN APPROACH a cert this week he is any other bets at Ascot.

I can’t have him at 2/1 darren. He’s had a busy season and a couple of setbacks, plus the Bolger stable isn’t exactly in great fettle.

I probably won’t bet this weekend but if I had to I’d try a couple of quid on Slade Power at 15/2. He didn’t run great at Ascot on two previous occasions but reared in stalls/slowly away and his other poor performance also came when rearing and slowly away. Outside of those runs he has always placed or won. Maarek is 11/4 and short enough. He won on Arc day but hasn’t really convinced me he is truly good enough to warrant going off so short, despite the fact that the ground will likely be what he loves. If Slade Power doesn’t muff the start again I’m hopeful he can at least be placed and offer a little better value than Maarek in a race not exactly packed with horses who warrant the group two status it holds. Good luck.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Steve this Dawn Approach had a long break not been racing every month also may be last race of carear too so Bolger want him to go out on a high.

Gord did you see MARVELOUS last week at navan nice breeding she got won maiden and 2nd looks good too.

JACK DEXTER in champions sprint as well

And gord i forget to ask you any thoughts on Kingston hall and winner of the rockfell as well both nice horses.

Viewing 17 posts - 783 through 799 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.