The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 766 through 782 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Some of us are naturally gifted at spotting potential in horses even by breeding alone……Cue

Sea Here

,strangely a Chestnut colt out of the 2008 Oaks winner by the 2009 Derby winner,has to win that very hot looking maiden lads purely on breeding alone!

I’ll take that as a massive compliment Gord, I made a note of this lad on my thread on May 14th :mrgreen:

Yes Boz,you know! :wink: We’ve spoken in depth about these ‘Sea the stars, haven’t we?

We certainly have Gord, no rest for the wicked with us two, got to keep up the work to spot those

Stars

eh? :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

gord what horses you like at ascot and longchamp this week mine are below also you missed my last post as well you did

PASTROL PLAYER

MANPUTO
    ROYALMANIA
    INTELLO 16/1
    JUSTENIO

Wentworth

Hoof it

and my banker at 4/1 is

Mince

darren. Good luck

Sundays all about getting this

Orfevre

beat,preferably with

Flintshire

,14/1 is a massive price about this fellow,I’m not bothered about all this soft ground malarkey,he’s a class horse this.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK busy studying for Cheltenham,inspiration comes from…….
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahBvI4pdh9U

Circlesinthesand
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

Greetings Gordon, I stumbled on this thread on Wednesday night when googling a racing related subject. It was late at night and I said I would read a couple of pages. 20 pages later and 0230 in the morning I realised my allotted time for reviewing the days racing was gone but I just found it too addictive.

I suppose even you would have to agree that your style of writing falls in the "marmite " category! I just had to keep clicking on the next page to see if the latest ante post bet had come up or get the latest onslaught against the ginger whinger ! Anyway 3 days later sleep deprived and way behind with my racing reviews I have finally finished page 60.

Thanks for giving me a laugh over the last few nights and I have decided to follow you in on Flintshire. I have a log on another site but mainly concentrate on AW and low level flat turf (too many triers in group races!) so nice to have a bit of well informed info for the high quality stuff.

p.s. I am following Kiwi Bay over a cliff at Redcar tomorrow

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I was looking at this race last night and Cape Samba caught my eye at 8/1 as he has won here before and is very lightly raced. The Timeform blurb states that "It looked like the handicapper had caught up with him last time"

Well in Steve,we dont depend on those bloody chancers Timeform for finding winners on here, we come to our own conclusions by simply studying,studying and er studying.Some of us are naturally gifted at spotting potential in horses even by breeding alone……Cue

Sea Here

,strangely a Chestnut colt out of the 2008 Oaks winner by the 2009 Derby winner,has to win that very hot looking maiden lads purely on breeding alone!

Cheers Gord. Sea Here is a non-runner now. I was looking at the field and noted that the O’Brien and Gosden runners are early foals, both born in February and are a couple of months older than some of the others in the field. It’s one of those typical races where you get excited about the newcomers but the one with experience usually wins and I see Venezia is favourite. I like the name Seagull Star but Haggas hasn’t been firing them in. O’Brien’s would probably be my pick if I had to bet.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I was looking at this race last night and Cape Samba caught my eye at 8/1 as he has won here before and is very lightly raced.

Nice one Steve, hope you were on board.

Cheers, I haven’t had a bet for a fair while but it’s nice to keep the confidence up by picking a winner or two. Best of luck for the weekend.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

‘Circlesinthesand’ this is merely a chapter from what will be the best selling book of all time called ‘The Rise and fall and rise and fall and rise and fall and rise again’ of the legendary King of Foresight! :lol: Like most geniuses in life I have been blessed with a gift,the gift of spotting talent in horses sometimes before they are even born,(Galileo-Alexandrova) never did mate probably too closely related but that would be my ideal Derby candidate that.Anyway if you’ve read my previous threads you’ll have seen the legendary coups I’ve landed in recent years.My next big wager is on

Flintshire

for the Arc and like most build ups to big races the negatives are always thrown in from sources/connections,its all mind games to play down their real confidence,we all do it so as not to look a T*at when it goes wrong,I of course dont fall into that category because to be brilliant you have to be stupid too,Sebastian Vettels probably me in a racing car! :lol: Very kind of you to comment about my thread,its exactly like you say…..’Marmite’.Most on here know what I’m like nowadays,Poor Ginger fell off the ‘Humour’ tree and missed every branch down but he knows his stuff in his own little world.Everyone who does contribute to this thread have all posted winners and we draw inspiration from each other.It makes me proud that everyone has backed

My Tent or yours

for the 2014 Champion hurdle thanks to me but modesty forbids me saying at what prices we’ve snaffled……….Oh go on then I’ll say 66/1 (not me) :oops: 33/1 (me,me,me) 25/1,(me,me),20/1 (me) and even 10/1 (me again) so when I say he’s the biggest certainty of the jumps season ahead please take note.I did exactly the same last year with

Darlan

,he was on his way to achieving everything I’d predicted as I stood next to the last flight at Doncaster last year and it still hurts now! :( Cheers for reading and feel free to contribute a bit yourself,just remember though,dont be shy its a very well read thread! :wink:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I like the name

Seagull Star

but Haggas hasn’t been firing them in..

Won at 22/1, why study form and pedigree when you "Like the name"?

Circlesinthesand
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

Greetings Gordon, I stumbled on this thread on Wednesday night when googling a racing related subject. It was late at night and I said I would read a couple of pages. 20 pages later and 0230 in the morning I realised my allotted time for reviewing the days racing was gone but I just found it too addictive.

I suppose even you would have to agree that your style of writing falls in the "marmite " category! I just had to keep clicking on the next page to see if the latest ante post bet had come up or get the latest onslaught against the ginger whinger ! Anyway 3 days later sleep deprived and way behind with my racing reviews I have finally finished page 60.

Thanks for giving me a laugh over the last few nights and I have decided to follow you in on Flintshire. I have a log on another site but mainly concentrate on AW and low level flat turf (too many triers in group races!) so nice to have a bit of well informed info for the high quality stuff.

p.s. I am following Kiwi Bay over a cliff at Redcar tomorrow

Cheers Gordon. Remembered you mentioning Mince so had a nice bet on him which helped relieve my ever increasing Kiwi bay pain.

Have a look at O Briens "second string"in the first at tipp tomorrow. A spy tells me Joseph may be on the wrong one here although you prob knew about him before he was conceived!!! Montjeu out of a xaar mare.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I like the name

Seagull Star

but Haggas hasn’t been firing them in..

Won at 22/1, why study form and pedigree when you "Like the name"?

Tell me about it Steve,the filly was on my radar too being a ‘Sea the Stars’,particularly as the dam was a Helena Springfield just like ‘Shirocco Star’ was. After ‘Sea Here’ being pulled this was the one I was interested in and I’d got around the 10/1 mark in my head so to see a 22/1 SP! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Thats Racing!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Seagull Star is a colt Gord. Hopefully he’s a nice horse for the owner to dream about after having lost Little Josh who was fatally injured in the Topham at Aintree.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Massive word for Tinelyra in 535 Uttox, been laid out and will be lots of money for him!

Marek and Ruler of the World at Paris :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Seagull Star is a colt Gord. Hopefully he’s a nice horse for the owner to dream about after having lost Little Josh who was fatally injured in the Topham at Aintree.

:oops: That explains why Ladbrokes offered me 10/1 for the Oaks then Steve!! :lol: :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Massive word for Tinelyra in 535 Uttox, been laid out and will be lots of money for him!

Just took 5/2 to £50 Gary,’Massive word’ isn’t a phrase you use lightly,cheers and good luck yourself.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Five years ago today I was driving hard to get back from a Golfing competition in Wales so I could watch The Arc,it was P*ssin it down and my 33/1 voucher about

The Duke of Marmalade

was burning a hole in my pocket,unfortunately he never showed his true colours that day and would probably have never beaten ‘Zarkava’ anyway.Five years down the line his half brother

Ruler of the world

attempts to avenge that defeat and he’s a serious player,I’ve had several wagers on him today as I had visions of my ‘Banker’

Flintshire

being pulled out due to ground issues.Thankfully it looks like he’s running so ‘The Duke’ will be playing for 2nd place.Had the ground been genuinely good i would be collecting now,its not so I’ll have to sit and suffer.
    Trouble is I’ve promised the missus a Brand New car from todays proceeds,a ‘Burnished Glow’ Ford B-Max Titanium 1.0 eco boost jobby.Its a proper girly car with slidy doors and heated front seats.I said to the Salesman can we have it in

Flintshire

Grey but that colour doesn’t exist! :lol: Time for another glass of Champers methinks just to take the edge off………..

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Lucky win for Maarek :-) – nice EW double running onto Ruler of the World :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Lucky win for Maarek :-) – nice EW double running onto Ruler of the World :-)

Good Luck Gary,you’re on a player there mate!

Viewing 17 posts - 766 through 782 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.