The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 749 through 765 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I agree OLAS. Only ran one bad race in his five runs, where he ran so bad it’s probably best ignoring. He ran a good second to Annie Power on debut at Galway before winning two hurdle races in impressive style. Jimbill was impressive last time but he’s conceding half a stone to Dursey Sound which I think is a tall order. I won’t be getting stuck in but I’ll have a tenner on at 9/4 with Boyles :)

Well in there lads. Jimbill was absolute rubbish today and I was a bit surprised to see him tipped up by Timeform when giving weight to promising younger horses. The Twiston Davies horse wasn’t far away, staying on well at 16/1. I’d like to see him try 3 miles.

Thanks Steve. Hopefully OLAS had a bit more on than I did :) I haven’t seen the race yet so can’t really comment! Was good to see him well supported though, always gives you a bit of confidence when you back one of JP’s. I fancy another of his tomorrow, Some Hawk in the first at Gowran.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK Legendary Layer of Women,Carpets and now horses cannot believe that this ‘jibber’ called ‘Orfevre’ is 2/1 for the Arc! 2/1!! Two to ****** one is a joke of a price for a horse who has question marks about his ability to battle.If he gets the run of the race he will trade very short in running as he’s a superb traveller but when he touches 1/5 on the machine TAPK’s a playing.Win Lose or draw this horse has got some good ones to beat and I’ll have the field running for me.

emian
    • Total Posts 114

Orfevre wins. ‘simples’ :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Orfevre wins. ‘simples’ :)

Trouble is emian when I Lay one I’m never wrong!! Hope you’re not on at fancy prices,if so I hope its an e/w bet? :D

emian
    • Total Posts 114

6’s to win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

6’s to win.

Oh dear! What is so special about ‘Orfevre’ emian? He couldn’t even beat ‘Solemia’ in last years Arc,a poor renewal on Heavy ground,the winner has only one Group 1 victory to her name.As for your horses trial the other day……..Slowest time recorded! Beat nothing again and even though he won last years Prix Foy he failed to win the big one by jibbing out.He is no 2/1fav to me.Good Luck you will need it.I’ve got horses like ‘Al Kazeem’ ‘Intello’ ‘Treve’,’Novellist’ and the winner

Flintshire

running for me.Mark my words one of these will beat yours for sure! :wink:

emian
    • Total Posts 114

Orfevre…French for Goldsmith…How can it NOT win?…ooer…I’ll be backing horses via horoscope next :(

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Your 1/5 in running will be matched Gord, 1.01 could be the value…… :shock:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

6’s to win.

Oh dear! What is so special about ‘Orfevre’ emian? He couldn’t even beat ‘Solemia’ in last years Arc,a poor renewal on Heavy ground,the winner has only one Group 1 victory to her name.As for your horses trial the other day……..Slowest time recorded! Beat nothing again and even though he won last years Prix Foy he failed to win the big one by jibbing out.He is no 2/1fav to me.Good Luck you will need it.I’ve got horses like ‘Al Kazeem’ ‘Intello’ ‘Treve’,’Novellist’ and the winner

Flintshire

running for me.Mark my words one of these will beat yours for sure! :wink:

I too like Flintshire, purely because of the price, if you forgive his most recent run then the 11/1 (ish) is great value and I think he’ll put that run behind him.

Also like Ruler of the World, think he could be one of those ‘big day’ horses and will have a little on him to win as he’s worth a punt at around 10/1

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

gord what horses you like at ascot and longchamp this week mine are below also you missed my last post as well you did

PASTROL PLAYER

MANPUTO
    ROYALMANIA
    INTELLO 16/1
    JUSTENIO

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Forget to mention this too gord there is a intresting 2yo maiden at 1m at newmarket as well any thoughts on this race

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I was looking at this race last night and Cape Samba caught my eye at 8/1 as he has won here before and is very lightly raced. The Timeform blurb states that "It looked like the handicapper had caught up with him last time" but they seem to ignore that it was good to firm when he won and soft when he couldn’t follow up. That seems a reasonable excuse and back on a sounder surface he may do better. The stable don’t have many runners but have a terrific strike rate and they landed the Cambridgeshire last weekend. It seems that money is coming for him now as 6/1 is the best price at the moment, which is borderline in an open heat but he’d have been my pick at 8/1.

Charpoy varies greatly in price from 12/1 to 25/1, so it looks like somebody will be way wrong there!

Cape Samba won a shade cosily at 9/2 and may be capable of winning again if turned out soon. The stable has had 24 winners from just 90 runners this year and have a £53 profit to a £1 stake. They had another winner yesterday at 7/1 with William Buick on board and their last three runners have all won. I may think about a nibble on Shamaal Nibras each way at 25/1 tomorrow in the Ascot 3.50 based on the good stable form. It’s a wildly competitive race and a small each-way at big odds seems the fun option.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Forget to mention this too gord there is a intresting 2yo maiden at 1m at newmarket as well any thoughts on this race

You talking about the 3.35 Darren? Spotted that earlier, three highly interesting runners in particular in

Sea Here

Venezia

and

Johann Strauss

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I was looking at this race last night and Cape Samba caught my eye at 8/1 as he has won here before and is very lightly raced. The Timeform blurb states that "It looked like the handicapper had caught up with him last time"

Well in Steve,we dont depend on those bloody chancers Timeform for finding winners on here, we come to our own conclusions by simply studying,studying and er studying.Some of us are naturally gifted at spotting potential in horses even by breeding alone……Cue

Sea Here

,strangely a Chestnut colt out of the 2008 Oaks winner by the 2009 Derby winner,has to win that very hot looking maiden lads purely on breeding alone!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I was looking at this race last night and Cape Samba caught my eye at 8/1 as he has won here before and is very lightly raced.

Nice one Steve, hope you were on board.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Some of us are naturally gifted at spotting potential in horses even by breeding alone……Cue

Sea Here

,strangely a Chestnut colt out of the 2008 Oaks winner by the 2009 Derby winner,has to win that very hot looking maiden lads purely on breeding alone!

I’ll take that as a massive compliment Gord, I made a note of this lad on my thread on May 14th :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Some of us are naturally gifted at spotting potential in horses even by breeding alone……Cue

Sea Here

I’ll take that as a massive compliment Gord, I made a note of this lad on my thread on May 14th :mrgreen:

Yes Boz,you know! :wink: We’ve spoken in depth about these ‘Sea the stars, haven’t we?

Viewing 17 posts - 749 through 765 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.