The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 732 through 748 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

‘Educate’ has No chance even with the mighty Murtagh on board.

Thats what makes someone a legend posts like that,when you are right you think you’re the bees knees and when you’re wrong you look the biggest T*at going,thats the difference between me and others,I’m a legendary T*at! As for backing that duffer ‘Kiyoshi’ on Saturday, a horse I have said is No guineas winner……..Beggars belief how ones mind works at times!! :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord what you think of Beresford winner today and did you see 2yo winner at Dundalk too

And this BERKSHIRE not be beating my AUSTRALIA on fast ground at Epsom too :)

He’s No Saint

or

Red rocks Point

Darren? Neither are anything special mind.

Berkshire

looks a proper 11/2m horse to me but like you say fast ground around Epsom is concerning.I can see your

Australia

definitely going to Doncaster then the 2000gns.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Gord what you think of Beresford winner today and did you see 2yo winner at Dundalk too

And this BERKSHIRE not be beating my AUSTRALIA on fast ground at Epsom too :)

He’s No Saint

or

Red rocks Point

Darren? Neither are anything special mind.

Berkshire

looks a proper 11/2m horse to me but like you say fast ground around Epsom is concerning.I can see your

Australia

definitely going to Doncaster then the 2000gns.

I thought Berkshire made very heavy weather of it Gord. I can’t have him for the Guineas at all. I saw Paul Cole on the Noah and Nelly on Saturday and by God he looked like Old Father Time himself, with a shock of white hair. I suspect Berkshire was born 20 years too late to be in his trainer’s heyday but you never know for a swansong, last hurrah in the Derby and Berkshire doing a "Generous" for his winter fuel payment seeking handler Old King Cole. Toormore will go past him like a rat up a drain pipe at Newmarket though.

(Berkshire that is, not Old King Cole)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I thought Berkshire made very heavy weather of it Gord. I can’t have him for the Guineas at all.

I can certainly see your point Steve,it wasn’t visually impressive at all but to the horses credit it always looked like he was going to get there.When I compare his Chesham run alongside his Royal Lodge victory I dont see any comparison,he pulled hard early doors in both but he almost pulled himself into the lead at Ascot and was free-wheeling over all of them,Saturdays race tells us that ‘Somewhat’ has improved a stone and on his Chesham run he has but so too has ‘Sir Jack Layden’ so there is a possibility that ‘Berkshire’ actually ran below his best last Saturday and I’m of the opinion he did,there’s no way he’s regressed since Royal Ascot,I believe this big colt just wasn’t 100% right and thats why I can see him running once more this year…….In the Dewhurst!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Red Rocks horse i was on about gord

Also what you think of GEOFFREY CHANCHEUR and how you see these 3 horses for rest of the year AUSTRALIA,GC and INDIAN MAHARAJA not all will go to Doncaster by the sound of it may be only GC going to Donny

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Hate mid week racing but there is a very interesting race at Newcastle tomorrow at 450.

I know Broctune Papa Geo is fancied but he is a law unto himself and despite Phil being an excellent jockey this lad takes some riding!! He is also entered at his beloved Redcar on Saturday so don’t be shocked if he is pulled!

The horse that I’m going to take a chance on could be thrown in, it looks like he has been running over the wrong distance (too far) as his winning form is over tomorrows 1m and at 16s from an in form yard Charpoy could go very close

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Hate mid week racing but there is a very interesting race at Newcastle tomorrow at 450.

I know Broctune Papa Geo is fancied but he is a law unto himself and despite Phil being an excellent jockey this lad takes some riding!! He is also entered at his beloved Redcar on Saturday so don’t be shocked if he is pulled!

The horse that I’m going to take a chance on could be thrown in, it looks like he has been running over the wrong distance (too far) as his winning form is over tomorrows 1m and at 16s from an in form yard Charpoy could go very close

I was looking at this race last night and Cape Samba caught my eye at 8/1 as he has won here before and is very lightly raced. The Timeform blurb states that "It looked like the handicapper had caught up with him last time" but they seem to ignore that it was good to firm when he won and soft when he couldn’t follow up. That seems a reasonable excuse and back on a sounder surface he may do better. The stable don’t have many runners but have a terrific strike rate and they landed the Cambridgeshire last weekend. It seems that money is coming for him now as 6/1 is the best price at the moment, which is borderline in an open heat but he’d have been my pick at 8/1.

Charpoy varies greatly in price from 12/1 to 25/1, so it looks like somebody will be way wrong there!

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

‘Educate’ has No chance even with the mighty Murtagh on board.

Thats what makes someone a legend posts like that,when you are right you think you’re the bees knees and when you’re wrong you look the biggest T*at going,thats the difference between me and others,I’m a legendary T*at! As for backing that duffer ‘Kiyoshi’ on Saturday, a horse I have said is No guineas winner……..Beggars belief how ones mind works at times!! :oops:

Whoa, steady on there Gordie, bit of humility showing there, don`t let that become habit forming :lol:

After the event i know, but i was on Code Of Honor, so not too pleased either. Should have known better too – Murtagh against Sweeney in a finish….only one winner there.
    Hopefully Candy`ll put up Amy Scott next time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You have to laugh at yourself sometimes Softie and the way I write is asking for trouble,thankfully it doesn’t bother me as I’m safe hiding behind my Laptop! :shock: I’m P*ssed off that 3 of my horses all won today,

Toner D’oudaries

Justice Day

and my Ante Post Cambridgeshire horse

Nabucco

scooted in and I never had a penny on………thats racing Softie eh? :evil:

Boz,what you saying to it?

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

You have to laugh at yourself sometimes Softie and the way I write is asking for trouble,thankfully it doesn’t bother me as I’m safe hiding behind my Laptop! :shock: I’m P*ssed off that 3 of my horses all won today,

Toner D’oudaries

Justice Day

and my Ante Post Cambridgeshire horse

Nabucco

scooted in and I never had a penny on………thats racing Softie eh? :evil:

Boz,what you saying to it?

It’s all part of the game Gord, a game that some on here take a little too literally sometimes :lol:

We carry on, inflated egos ‘n’ all, set ourselves up for a fall and when it comes it hurts. Succeed however, and yours is the world and everything that’s in it, and – which is more – you’ll be a man my son :mrgreen:

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Yeah, all part of life`s rich tapestry i agree, and the horses will always always at some point make you look a right ****!

Still onwards and hopefully upwards eh?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I can look a right T*at without Horses Softie but like you say onwards and upwards and when the Jumps season starts TAPK is as focused as a set of Pulsar Sentinels on a dark night.

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Another bloody nose for the bookies would be most welcome Gordie – looking forward to it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 65

Morning Gord – not long now until the proper jumps stuff kicks off! As it goes, a few talented names are starting to make an appearance already, generally those that like the ground a bit firmer. There’s a nice little Novice Chase up at Bangor today where Dursey Sound makes his debut over fences. He’s a horse I had my eye on for one of the handicap hurdles Cheltenham last year but never materialised. They go 9/4 this morning about this horse who should be head and shoulders above these…..anyone getting stuck in??? An early season gift in my eye :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I agree OLAS. Only ran one bad race in his five runs, where he ran so bad it’s probably best ignoring. He ran a good second to Annie Power on debut at Galway before winning two hurdle races in impressive style. Jimbill was impressive last time but he’s conceding half a stone to Dursey Sound which I think is a tall order. I won’t be getting stuck in but I’ll have a tenner on at 9/4 with Boyles :)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I agree OLAS. Only ran one bad race in his five runs, where he ran so bad it’s probably best ignoring. He ran a good second to Annie Power on debut at Galway before winning two hurdle races in impressive style. Jimbill was impressive last time but he’s conceding half a stone to Dursey Sound which I think is a tall order. I won’t be getting stuck in but I’ll have a tenner on at 9/4 with Boyles :)

Well in there lads. Jimbill was absolute rubbish today and I was a bit surprised to see him tipped up by Timeform when giving weight to promising younger horses. The Twiston Davies horse wasn’t far away, staying on well at 16/1. I’d like to see him try 3 miles.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Morning Gord – not long now until the proper jumps stuff kicks off! As it goes, a few talented names are starting to make an appearance already, generally those that like the ground a bit firmer. There’s a nice little Novice Chase up at Bangor today where Dursey Sound makes his debut over fences. He’s a horse I had my eye on for one of the handicap hurdles Cheltenham last year but never materialised. They go 9/4 this morning about this horse who should be head and shoulders above these…..anyone getting stuck in??? An early season gift in my eye :wink:

Well in OLAS,I remember being the one who put

Dursey Sound

up on here to beat ‘The New One’ at Warwick last season!! :oops: Would be great to see him progress this season over fences and it bodes well for

Shutthefrontdoor

going chasing albeit over further.
    I’ve been rendering an outhouse I built in the summer for a customer today whilst it P*ssed it down,I could have earned more staying at home and backing this fellow!There’s times I think I should turn Professional again………Just like Ginge!! :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 732 through 748 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.