The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 715 through 731 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord you see bolger 2yo who won at gowran park won same race as
    TRADING LEATHER last year.Also no news on horse who beat my AUSTRALIA on debut yet but if they meet again my AUSTRALIA would not be asleep in stalls like that day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord you see bolger 2yo who won at gowran park won same race as
    TRADING LEATHER last year.Also no news on horse who beat my AUSTRALIA on debut yet but if they meet again my AUSTRALIA would not be asleep in stalls like that day.

Yes I saw the Bolger horse Darren

Mandatario

,he’s no

Trading Leather

though.Your

Australia

is at a stage where he needs to show Group 1 form,has to be the Racing post Trophy if he’s going to be a Derby horse,I’d still tell you to take a ‘Triple Crown’ price,just for interest sake,Coolmore didn’t take the defeat of ‘Camelot’ in the Leger well and they would love to avenge that loss.
    I’ve just read a very bullish report on the RP regarding

The New One

,connections going on about the best horse they’ve had and that and the Champion hurdle being his target.Bring it on I say,I can see more flaws in this fellow than they can but hey I’d love to see a

My Tent or Yours

v

The New One

rematch,according to the official handicapper my fellow would get 5lb of their wonder horse!! :lol: :lol:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord he showed group one form last time out that was a group one performance.And do not see any of the entries in rp trophy who would beat him.Also what you think of the entries in that race.

Also any unraced horses from ballydoyle in derby who you think be decent horses next year.I hear good things about

CENTURY
    BAZAAR
    HORSEGUARDSPARADE

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord forgot to ask you as you know i follow the french 2yos any thoughts on GALLANTE a Montjeau colt only a maiden winner for Andre Fabre but is owned by the Coolmoore lot.We all know that this lot won derby with Pour Moi but i feel only reason that horse was at Epsom because the owners knew there was no star 3yo at AOB yard and they were right RECITAL,TREASURE BEACH and your friend SEVILLE :)
    But now they got AUSTRALIA who looks to be there best horse i doubt he come over.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Darren you are the King of spotting Derby horses for sure,you deserve your

Australia

winning next year and as we write he is a worthy fav,I certainly haven’t marked your other 3 down as Derby sorts yet but then again we are only going on Breeding/Owner/entrie patterns to establish potential,this

Gallante

doesn’t strike me as a ‘Pour Moi’ but I got that one wrong too.This fellows full brother ‘Plinth’ doesn’t encourage one either,’Montjeus’ you either love em or hate em.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord what jump horses you looking forward to seeing i just put up a few on thread tommy made in horseracing forum i got a few more too on one i put up

How you think OSCAR WHISKEY do i know you like UN ATOUT for jewson but i think he needs cut in ground.I think OW can do very well over fences now.Any thoughts on others i put up too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Will get back to you darren,I’m having a flutter on

Midnite Angel

to beat this Red hot ‘Radiator’!
    ‘Mincing’ is a word not associated with TAPK,King of the Layers and I’m very tempted to Lay ‘Rizeena’ today,I like

Ihtimal

but when you want to lay one you want the field supporting you and I’m not getting that in the Fillies Mile,we’ll see later before I confirm.

Midnite Angel

£50 e/w 9/1 Corals.1,40pm Newmarket.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Will get back to you darren,I’m having a flutter on

Midnite Angel

to beat this Red hot ‘Radiator’!
    ‘Mincing’ is a word not associated with TAPK,King of the Layers and I’m very tempted to Lay ‘Rizeena’ today,I like

Ihtimal

but when you want to lay one you want the field supporting you and I’m not getting that in the Fillies Mile,we’ll see later before I confirm.

Midnite Angel

£50 e/w 9/1 Corals.1,40pm Newmarket.

You were right about Radiator Gord. If there is one thing punters get carried away with it is wide margin winners. Although she won by a street the horse who finished second was only rated 71 and none of the others in the race have been out since. I have always wondered if Rizeena will get a mile, being a Queen Mary winner. If she does she will surely be a contender for the 1000 Guineas. She’s had a good few runs though and I’d normally plump for something more lightly raced for next year. I think Tapestry will be at home over the mile trip and if she shows anything like the improvement Moth did from 2 to 3 she’ll be right there at Newmarket. I like George Margarson’s Lucky Kristale but he’s treading into rarified air, even if he is probably underrated. The big doubt for me is will she get the trip or be a sprinter, The trainer says she needs top of the ground and that rings alarm bells for me on the stamina front. Good luck with Tapestry Gord.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Steve I didn’t lay ‘Radiator’ but she’s nothing special,I did lay ‘Rizeena’ at 1/5 but failed to get on so no joy with either.One thing for certain though is

Tapestry

is next years 1000 gns winner.Forget this ‘Kiyoshi’ too,she’s less chance than the 2yo who wont progress as a 3yo ‘Rizeena’!

Tapestry

£150 e/w 8/1 Corals 1000gns 2014.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The Cambridgeshire is a fav race of mine,the 1m1f trip is a test,I’m one of those who likes to see a horse coming back in trip rather than stepping up for this one so I’m quick at dismissing plenty.To see ‘Area fifty One’ carrying top weight tells me this is no classic renewal of the great race,the best horse in the race on ratings for me would be the well weighted

Dance and Dance

,this fellows been kept in training for some reason and if he goes off at corals 33/1 then Ginge is a better judge than me!! ‘Captain Bertie’ cant beat ‘Fury’ and ‘Educate’ has No chance even with the mighty Murtagh on board.I cant split

Chapter Seven

and

Strictly Silver

at the prices,both trade at 28/1 in places.The talkin horse of this years race is this ‘Top Notch Tonto’ but he wont find this race anything like his last so i’m dismissing him too.The 3yo who catches my eye is

Tha’ir

,he was touted as a Guineas horse last year and has a touch of class,I can see him place at 25/1.Great race that it is as a spectacle,I cant wait!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Its well documented on here that I am regarded as a bit of a legend in the world of Ante-Post betting,I’m also pretty useless as a day to day tipster but I’m also developing a bit of a reputation as a Layer.I’ve had a couple of e-mails today asking if I’m laying this

Kiyoshi

tomorrow,one even asked the stupid question of laying

Berkshire

,yeh right!! :roll: This ‘Kiyoshi’ is blessed with speed and tomorrows Cheveley Park stakes is right up her street,I expect her to win but she aint no 1000gns winner!
    Now this

Berkshire

is special but what is he? a Guineas horse,a Derby horse or both.I remember

Generous

running 2nd in the Coventry then going on to win the Dewhurst at 50/1,he then got beat in the Guineas only to win the Derby.’Berkshire’ could be cut from the same cloth.What I dont like is ‘Royal Lodge’ horses as Guineas horses,Dewhurst horses are Guineas horses and to do both is unheard of………..Unless of course you are

Frankel

.I wont hear of defeat for

Berkshire

tomorrow and hopefully he will emulate the great horse by doing a ‘Frankel’ and winning the Dewhurst and Guineas.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Actions speak louder than words so its time to get on this

Berkshire

,I cant see him drifting after todays result in the Royal Lodge,I’ll be dissapointed if he doesn’t dispose of ‘Somewhat’ easily on this ground,he needs some cut that fellow so its time to get on Ante-Post.If he wins the Guineas he goes fav for the Derby we know that but I’m of the opinion he has the versatility to be both a Guineas/Derby type so I’ve backed him for both.Looking forward to seeing the beast in the parade ring today as he’s a beauty.

Berkshire

£50 e/w 25/1 Wiiliam Hills, Derby
    £50 e/w 16/1 Bet365 2000gns, 2014.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Derby,Derby,Derby…….Get in you beauty!! phew!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Kingfisher wan’t too far away Gord, I’d say backers of Australia will be happy enough with that and Free Eagle backers still hold on to hope :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Kingfisher wan’t too far away Gord, I’d say backers of Australia will be happy enough with that and Free Eagle backers still hold on to hope :lol:

Absolutely Tommy but

Berkshire

looked if anything as though it was all happening a bit too quick for him,he’ll get the Derby trip easily but will he get outpaced in the Guineas? He’ll handle a bit of cut too.I was happy from a Derby perspective about todays performance as this ‘Somewhat’ is highly regarded by both Gerard Mosse and Mark Johnston.Over a mile I would say

Australia

would be too speedy for my fellow now,over a 11/2m next summer I’m happy with my gritty big progressive colt! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m thinking this Cheveley Park is just what

Kiyoshi

wants,she’s no miler but so long as she doesn’t hang all over the shop she’s better than the French filly! 11/4 on the machine is tempting.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord what you think of Beresford winner today and did you see 2yo winner at Dundalk too

And this BERKSHIRE not be beating my AUSTRALIA on fast ground at Epsom too :)

Viewing 17 posts - 715 through 731 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.