The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 698 through 714 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I am a naturally modest person

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What did I say about "often funny"? Suspect/hope you weren’t being serious.
    You are many things Gord, modest is not one of them. But thanks, laughed so much I cried. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ginge I am regarded by everyone on here as a Legend,its not a title I’m comfortable with because I am a naturally modest person but some of my posts on here are quite simply legendary.My last legendary posts would be

Dawn approach

winning the 2000 gns 331 days before he did just that

Wow. "I am regarded by everyone on here as a legend." Wow.

For what exactly, Gordon? For tipping up Dawn Approach 11 months in advance (along with several other 2yos, no doubt), or spunking all the winnings up the wall over the next 4 months? You have how many threads on this site, 4? Are any of them in profit? You’ve even stopped doing a counter to show whether you’re up or down. Sure sign of a winning punter. You put more money on Flintshire on the strength of a boat driver’s word…yeah, I’m sure he’s the best Fabre’s ever trained. That’s why he ran 3 others in the Niel and actually beat Flintshire with one of them and currently available to back for £77 at 16.5. Fabre’s best ever…my [expletive].

As for "everyone on here", great. How many people contribute to this thread, 6? I have a look every month or so to see what you’ve been putting up because I’ve seen what you’ve put up in the past. Do I follow any of your tips? Ha.

I actually don’t know what’s worse, saying you’re a legend or saying that you’re naturally a modest person in the very next line.

"Some of my posts on here are quite simply legendary". Same goes for all, Gord. We all have big priced winners. Look on the Arc thread. Someone’s backed Novellist at 130/1. God knows I’ve had big priced winners and so has everybody else on this site. It happens, get over yourself.

You are an entertaining tipster with the ability to pick out 1 or 2 big-priced ante-post winners a year. The problem is that you lose all of the money in-between them, just like the vast majority of gamblers.

Building yourself up to be more is just plain wrong. Galaxy on the old 606 forum, my god he could pick a winner. He had an unbelievable ability. The best tipster I’ve ever seen, read or heard of, comfortably. Every day he put up 1 and 5/7 days a week he won. Have you put up 5 winners this year, Gord?

Well,well, well,If it aint my old ‘enemy’ Zarkava.You finished your trip round the world then? Great to see you back,I love the stick you give me,keep it up! :lol:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Gord: I am staying loyal to Our Jonathon at 33s but do believe that Jack Dexter will take the beating especially with soft ground

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord: I am staying loyal to Our Jonathon at 33s but do believe that Jack Dexter will take the beating especially with soft ground

I had a good chat with Jim Goldie back in March just before and after ‘Jack Dexter’ won the Cammidge,we spoke mostly about ‘Orientor’ who never did get his just rewards in that very race but he was adamant ‘Jack’ was better than a handicapper,he has got to be top weight on Saturday surely and for a small horse that will tell.I’m with you on

Our Jonathon

though,33/1 is huge Gary and he’s definitely been laid out for it.My 1st choice though is

Hoof it

,incredibly still available at 16/1,he’s built to carry weight and more than capable of giving it away,thats my 2 against the field anyway.Good Luck.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

I didn’t think Hoof It enjoyed soft ground mate, jack can carry the weight but I know what you mean.

Have taken Judge N Jury tomorrow, just hope Lanfranco has him up with the pace!!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Gord if TAKE does not make cut for gold cup he be a cert to win Silver cup he won at Southwell. and likes it deep be like that at Ayr this week also ran a cracker at Goodwood too.

CAPTAIN RAMIUS for Gold cup any thoughts on these 2.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Along wih Jack and Jonathon one from Andrew Baldings that threatens to win a big sprint is Highland Colori – will also love the soft ground

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gary/Darren,the thing with the likes of ‘Highland Colori’,’Mass Rally’,’Jack Dexter’,and ‘Captain Ramius’ is the fact they have all got higher marks than last years Gold/Silver/Bronze runs whereas both previous winners

Regal Parade

and

Our Jonathon

have very lenient ones,so much so that they could end up missing the cut for Gold.The trouble with sprint handicaps is there’s never any real positve to glean from times,last years Gold/Silver/Bronze times were almost identical so the horse to take from the 72 that set off for these 3 races has to be the winner of the Bronze medal and thats

Jack Dexter

,for an inexperienced 3yo to carry 9-8 and win tells you he must have improved from 3-4yo purely through natural development,however collateral form since with ‘Mass Rally’ and the sheer lack of scope this fellow posesses as did his Sire purely because he’s so small,one has to doubt the top-weight in the Bronze cup can go on to do exactly the same thing in the Gold cup,I can see him placing but I’m convinced the handicapper has given

Our Jonathon

a massive chance to reverse his placing with Mr Goldies horse on Doncaster running,just goes to show how little there is between these flat horses over sprint distances! :roll:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Any thoughts on bronze and silver cup races gord i like

BOP IT in Bronze.Also Cheveton one of my fave horses this time of year had him when he won silver cup.

TAKE COVER 14/1 in silver cup though like a bit more rain for him.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Got a very quiet one for Sunday, no rain and we have a very strong bet mate

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Get in Highland Colori – Andrew Baldings a great trainer and Oisin Murphy an excellent prospect :-) great way to spend the mid afternoon after being at York Uni all day with thine daughter!

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Thinking about your ratings comment, I believe Oisin’s claim has made all the difference mate, looking good for our ‘quiet’ one tomorrow, no more rain and it’s game on at least 16/1 :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Along wih Jack and Jonathon one from Andrew Baldings that threatens to win a big sprint is Highland Colori – will also love the soft ground[/quote

Good shout Gary,his ‘Silver’ run last year made him a player as did ‘Jacks’ Bronze run but having seen both ‘Gold winners ‘Regal’ and ‘Jonathon’ cut through the pack only to finish out the money certainly concludes the draw was significant today,more so than ever for some reason.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Agreed but the draw has been high all week!

I’m super too 420 Hamilton is fancied and expected to go very close at 20s :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m the first to admit that as a day to day tipster I’m S*it! As an Ante-Post punter I’m still the best in the world and the more I see

Tapestry

the more I’m convinced she is next years 1000gns winner,I dont fear this ‘Kiyoshi’ one bit,’Rizeena’ well she’s a different proposition,the forms in the book and she’s with an old master who will treat her just like ‘Pebbles’ over the winter.The only difference is the chestnut filly daughter of ‘Sharpen Up’ had more versatility and Stamina and ‘Rizeena’ might just struggle over Newmarkets stiff mile.(hopefully).Unlike the 2000gns where Aiden has umpteen possibles I believe he has everything in ‘Tapestry’ to win the fillies classic.

Tapestry

£50 e/w 10/1 Stan James 1000gns 2014.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

‘Where there’s blame there’s a Claim’.Never a truer word spoken these days,particularly in the Road Traffic Accident department of every Insurance company in the land.I was hit head on by a Drunken driver 2 years ago now,’She’ was 31/2 times over the legal limit and was banned for 2 years,my Insurance company dealt with everything superbly,Replacement Car,Repair work etc first class.I was breathalysed at the Scene in front of my 2 Daughters who were passengers and I had to give an account of the incident for prosecution purposes.
    I had a phone call recently saying ‘I was involved in a Motor Vehicle accident’ the representative of this law firm told me that to their knowledge I hadn’t claimed for Whiplash injuries and that there’s a pot set aside specifically for such claims and if I dont claim for it the Insurance company will keep it!! :idea:
    A legal rep called round to see me and take every bit of information I could muster from this accident of 2 years ago,his first words were ‘No way will you be expected to see a Doctor now’…..2 weeks later I recieved a letter stating I had an appointmemt with a Doctor to establish the state of my injuries.Of course thats the point where most would say ah **** it and call it a day,but I decided nah lets see how this guys going to earn his ridiculous fee so I went! :roll: First question……"Which way did your head move on impact"? er Forwards,backwards and sideways I replied,2nd question,…"On a scale of 1-10 how bad was the pain",er 7 says I. 3rd Question,…."How long did you suffer the pain"?……..Erm A week??
    "No you cant say a week" says Doctor Feelgood,You need to say a month to 6 weeks,……..Oh right,Says I.Can you see the way this ‘interview’ was going,this guy was actually on the pay roll and he was going through the formalities so much so he even did me a physical once-over.We’ll see what comes of it but it just shows how the system works if you are prepared to make a fool of yourself 2 years down the line.I’m someone who can do just that! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

You should claim for your 6 weeks loss of earnings, tell um that with your whiplash you couldn’t get to the counter quick enough to put your bets on… :mrgreen:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 17 posts - 698 through 714 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.