The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 681 through 697 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord any thoughts on 3 2yos from Stoute yard RADIATOR who won by 15LS on her 2nd start.FREEMASON who showed promise i think he run in a 1m maiden at Newbury or Haydock next.And the best one out of 3 is SURCINGLE who at 33/1 with hills is a big price for oaks. she put away for season but think race she won was good because the Hughie Morrison sea the stars horse who was 2nd could be good too.

Any bets in Portland i am on STEPS at 11/1 i like this race ever since my NOCTURNAL AFFAIR won it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Anyone who saw ‘Harris Tweed’ slaughter

Camborne

at Goodwood the other week will think I’m mad backing the runner-up to reverse the form but I have as I like ‘Camborne’ a lot

I was at Doncaster today,the place was buzzing,as good a crowd as I’ve witnessed up there on a weekday but it doesn’t matter whether I backed this fellow or not as this is a thread that discusses more than just horses.I was hoping to see

Berkshire

put himself in the 2000gns picture tomorrow but we are getting a soaking up here tonight and I expect the ground to be the softest its been this past 3 months,it was great to see the form boosted today though.As for the St Leger itself I have looked up and down and down and up and have come up with the winner,a horse like many who has blotted his copybook but a horse who has the strongest form and thats

Libertarian

,my 90’s on ‘Trading Leather’ have gone but this fellow will boost that horses form tomorrow.

Libertarian

£200 e/w 7/1 Bet365.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Today I’m writing like a man possessed.I’ve been accused of keeping things to myself,well I’d rather keep it to myself than blatantly mislead my ‘follower’.I’m not one for mentioning names but there’s a contributor on here thats blatantly selling his Army down the river,suggesting wagers for them to back then telling them once they are on to scrap the bet. :twisted: That is the style of a scumbag :twisted: ,a scumbag of the highest proportions :twisted: but like I say I am not one for namedropping,its not my style,this Twat though thats blatantly selling us down the river doesn’t have normal coloured hair but like I say I’m saying no more than that,other than if I was to say in Percentage terms just how angry he’s made me today then it would be at least 97.5% and thats a lot for me! :twisted: Right TAPK tells it this way,Its Leger day,Its the last Classic of the year and I want the Winner so here we go. ‘Cap O Rushes’……Not good enough! ‘Excess Knowledge’…….One paced and will lack the gears when things start winding up! ‘Foundry’….Too inexperienced but will make a cup horse next year! ‘Galileo rock’….my original fancy but didn’t expect him to run so I’m deserting him now at my peril! ‘Great Hall’ the one horse in the race who is definitely over-priced at 22/1 and could be the e/w bet of the race. ‘Havana Beat’…….No chance!,’Leading Light’…again one paced and will be caught short when it matters!’Ralston road’ and ‘Secret Number’……Are both simply not good enough.That leaves the 2 horses both with the best form in the race and thats Classic form,Classic form always pays and both these horses can quicken,neither are in the first 3 in the betting incredibly so at 8/1 the pair I’ve backed both! Ginge watch and learn from your King!

Libertarian

and

Talent

will prove different class today! 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any thoughts on 3 2yos from Stoute yard RADIATOR who won by 15LS on her 2nd start.FREEMASON who showed promise i think he run in a 1m maiden at Newbury or Haydock next.And the best one out of 3 is SURCINGLE who at 33/1 with hills is a big price for oaks. she put away for season but think race she won was good because the Hughie Morrison sea the stars horse who was 2nd could be good too.

Any bets in Portland i am on STEPS at 11/1 i like this race ever since my NOCTURNAL AFFAIR won it.

I’m not an ‘Empire Maker’ fan Darren but I liked the look of

Surcingle

at Leicester,a course Sir Michael has used for decent fillies in the past to make their debuts.

Radiator

was more impressive but can we take the form literally? She’s a Guineas Dark horse for now,needs to step up in the Rockfel or something.

Freemason

has to be well regarded just to be called that but again i’m not seeing all singin all dancin Classic winner which is typical of Freemason Lodge inmates anyway,Sir Michael does not rush them.
    Todays Portland sees a horse I’ve bought in ‘Burwaaz’ but i’ve deserted him today for

Our Jonathon

at 16/1.’Steps’ has just a bit too much weight imo.

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

A one paced Excess Knowledge is a thought Gordie, if i hadn`t see him finish like a rocket at Goodwood that opinion might hold water.

And come on now, be fair, although his hair might, be shall we say, not a particularly common colour, he does have some. Not yet a slaphead eh?

If you`re that angry, and 97.5% is pretty damnned angry i do agree, i sure have grave fears for your poor pussy today :(

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Nice one Gord lol I backed Our Jonathon EW last night as the race and going will suit.

Have taken Buick in a trixie and EW treble with:

Steps/Gregorian/Libertarian :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Are you backing Cristoforo Colombo here Gord? Good to see him back on the track. It’s hard to know what way the ground is, ranging from Good-firm to Yielding on different parts of the course.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I’ve been out shopping today to help me relax,it worked until a Wasp stung my liitle 4yo on her cheek………I will now proceed to Kill every Wasp I see! Anyway i gets in and sticks Kettle on and watches Jim Crowley ride lke a prat whilst Joseph gives them all a lesson on placing a horse in the race,Well done him for riding a great race. As for

Cristoforo Colombo

again poorly ridden but this time quite clearly over an inadequate trip.It doesn’t bother me being accused of aftertiming by ‘you know who’ but yes I did back him Tommy,back to a mile methinks for him,he’ll stay in training as a 4yo so plenty to look forward too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well todays one of those days where legends tread a fine line,being one myself and yes Ginge living on past glories is exactly what creates legendary status in the first place,I have to say

Flintshire

is a horse TAPK rates as having potential legendary status But and its a big but, todays trials at Longchamp have seen even the legends beaten!

Peintre Celebre

was trading at 8/1 prior to todays defeat in the very race ‘Flintshire’ runs in today,The Prix Neil.I sat watching Olivier Peslier ride the worst race of his life some 16yrs ago on a horse I had down as a certainty for the Arc,God knows how he got him beat but he did,I had told many a friend to get on this horse for the Arc after he had won the French Derby and we were all on at 12/1.I looked a right T*at that afternoon but me being me took the 10/1 straight after the embarrassment for the big one,it turned out a blessing in disguise.So if ‘Flintshire’ does get beat today and at 15/8 you would think he’s only 50% fit as he should be Odds-on imo then his price will drift out for the Arc itself.

Subotica

also got beat at todays meeting prior to winning the Arc also so I’m not over worried,hopefully though ‘Flintshire’ will show why he’s the biggest certainty this side of Xmas! 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Well todays one of those days where legends tread a fine line,being one myself and yes Ginge living on past glories is exactly what creates legendary status

No Gord, you can not "create" yourself "legendary status" unless all you want to be legendary at is "writing". :lol:

We can all go back in to another millenium to quote past glories, does not make us "legendary".

Seriously though,
    You’re an excellent writer Gord, always interesting, often funny and sometimes successful gambler.

Value Is Everything
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord what your view on leger yesterday am sure now you must give LEADING LIGHT though he no arc winner i keep him for ascot 2m race on champions day.

Any thoughts on arc day trails and TORMORE in national stakes too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well todays one of those days where legends tread a fine line,being one myself and yes Ginge living on past glories is exactly what creates legendary status

No Gord, you can not "create" yourself "legendary status" unless all you want to be legendary at is "writing". :lol:

We can all go back in to another millenium to quote past glories, does not make us "legendary".

Seriously though,
    You’re an excellent writer Gord, always interesting, often funny and sometimes successful gambler.

Ginge I am regarded by everyone on here as a Legend,its not a title I’m comfortable with because I am a naturally modest person but some of my posts on here are quite simply legendary.My last legendary posts would be

Dawn approach

winning the 2000 gns 331 days before he did just that,Yes inbetween I talk a lot of B*llox but just like mining for gold I have to sieve and sieve through a lot of S*it before that Golden nugget is found and like night turns to day I will.

Flintshire

really wants faster ground than he got today but he never tried a leg as do most of Andre fabre’s Arc winners,even on soft ground he’ll still win the Arc if he does get that rare fast ground in Paris in 3 weeks time he’ll leave that ‘Ofevre’ for dead,that was a farce of a race today and yet he trades at 11/4fav for the big one…….Lay.Lay,Lay I say.I am a legend at Laying too you know! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord what your view on leger yesterday am sure now you must give LEADING LIGHT though he no arc winner i keep him for ascot 2m race on champions day.

Any thoughts on arc day trails and TORMORE in national stakes too.

Darren I thought you were on the winner? He did it well,stayed well and ridden very well,the filly would beat him again over 2m though with a bit more pace imo.

Toormore

is the best horse Middleham Park have owned but he wont run in the 2000gns in those colours sadly. The Prix Neill was the best trial,the Foy was a farce but the filly

Treve

will try and emulate the great

Northern Trick

and

Zarkava

by winning the French Oaks and Arc,she’s not without a chance on todays form either and for the record she clocked a time at Chantilly 4 secs faster than the mighty Aga Khan filly,Serious filly indeed,I’m sure we’ve discussed her before Darren!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"The Ante-Post King":2uglfzk8 wrote:

Treve

is a very smart looking ‘Motivator’ filly,I fell for a filly once called

Northern Trick

to win the Arc,she was pretty special but she met the mighty ‘Sagace’ so I cant see her pulling it off.

Intello

just isn’t an Arc horse,I keep saying it!

Thought we’d discussed her Darren!! I even mentioned the mighty ‘Northern Trick’ too I see! :lol:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord i was on LEADING LIGHT at 12s so very happy and filly would not beat him over 2m.This horse always find extra when horses challenge him in final furlong. only have to watch queens vase or previous wins to know always strong at finish he is.

On arc not sure who win it now i still think INTELLO can do it his prep race next week it is wish ground was faster for him.

How you see THE FUGUE,AL KAZEEM,NOVELIST getting on in the arc too.
    I not backed The Fugue on her last 2wins gutted over that after putting her up last year.AL KAZEEM got Imperial Commander form in that you know when IC at his best was going on left handed tracks.Well look at AL KAZEEM and he 5 from 5 going right handed shocked no one brought it up yet.NOVELLIST was impressive at Ascot only half fit last last time and be a danger to field who be your tricast prediction and your thoughts on this points too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Ginge I am regarded by everyone on here as a Legend,its not a title I’m comfortable with because I am a naturally modest person but some of my posts on here are quite simply legendary.My last legendary posts would be

Dawn approach

winning the 2000 gns 331 days before he did just that

Wow. "I am regarded by everyone on here as a legend." Wow.

For what exactly, Gordon? For tipping up Dawn Approach 11 months in advance (along with several other 2yos, no doubt), or spunking all the winnings up the wall over the next 4 months? You have how many threads on this site, 4? Are any of them in profit? You’ve even stopped doing a counter to show whether you’re up or down. Sure sign of a winning punter. You put more money on Flintshire on the strength of a boat driver’s word…yeah, I’m sure he’s the best Fabre’s ever trained. That’s why he ran 3 others in the Niel and actually beat Flintshire with one of them and currently available to back for £77 at 16.5. Fabre’s best ever…my arse.

As for "everyone on here", great. How many people contribute to this thread, 6? I have a look every month or so to see what you’ve been putting up because I’ve seen what you’ve put up in the past. Do I follow any of your tips? Ha.

I actually don’t know what’s worse, saying you’re a legend or saying that you’re naturally a modest person in the very next line.

"Some of my posts on here are quite simply legendary". Same goes for all, Gord. We all have big priced winners. Look on the Arc thread. Someone’s backed Novellist at 130/1. God knows I’ve had big priced winners and so has everybody else on this site. It happens, get over yourself.

You are an entertaining tipster with the ability to pick out 1 or 2 big-priced ante-post winners a year. The problem is that you lose all of the money in-between them, just like the vast majority of gamblers.

Building yourself up to be more is just plain wrong. Galaxy on the old 606 forum, my god he could pick a winner. He had an unbelievable ability. The best tipster I’ve ever seen, read or heard of, comfortably. Every day he put up 1 and 5/7 days a week he won. Have you put up 5 winners this year, Gord?

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

The return of the Zark :shock: Where have you been friend? I see you’ve come back razor-tongued as ever :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 681 through 697 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.