The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 664 through 680 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Gord: who did Willie Newton used to ride for?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord: who did Willie Newton used to ride for?

You are going back to the early 80’s there Gary,I think he rode for Toby Balding mostly but also The Turnells. Why?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! Aidens only gone and put his foot in his mouth yet again bigging up his latest ‘Wonderhorse’,

Australia

,he’s quoted as saying "Everyone knows this is the best horse we’ve ever had"………..No Aiden, I never knew that,you told us

Camelot

was the best horse you ever had! :lol: Er you told us

George Washington

was the best horse you ever had and er

Hawk wing

and dont forget the useless plodder that I was waiting on a 4-timer acca for 5 figures,so much so that I drove down to Newmarket to watch him lose and then I caused a multiple Car Crash on the way home!! :oops: The donkey called

One Cool Cat

……Oh dear and poor darren yet again has the fancy prices!! :(

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Annoyingly he’s the jockey (now excellent sculptor) who we have drawn to ride ours in the legends race on wed!! Bloody bad luck :-( think we have the winner though, just waiting for final info from the yard

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Annoyingly he’s the jockey (now excellent sculptor) who we have drawn to ride ours in the legends race on wed!! Bloody bad luck :-( think we have the winner though, just waiting for final info from the yard

‘Jockey’ used loosely Gary,he’s a 100 x better sculpture!Good Luck,

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

It’s not all bad news, the one from my other yard has drawn a cracker :-) more news from the yard tomorrow mate

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Just had a good debate with Graham Cunningham on Twitter over the very poor ride of Martin Lane on

Cafe society

last Saturday,a ride even the RP state had ‘Too much to do’ thats enough to confirm my thoughts.Another ride that bothered me recently was that of Ryan Moore on the Khaled Abdulla 3yo colt

Mission Approved

at Sandown,for some strange reason Sir Michael thought it would be a good idea to drop the half brother to the ‘Supreme’winner

Cinders and Ashes

back to 5f!! :shock: Never put in the race from the moment the gates opened but this fellow should be tried at 6f next time,he’s got a good race in him given half a chance!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Gord my AUSTRALIA is the real deal mate i had him very highly regarded am sure you remember our convo on twitter about him before he made his debut. i remember you saying you liked him on breeding too you.Am not sure he win guineas but do think he win rp trophy and derby i do not see a colt yet who beat him in rp trophy any danger to him from uk mate.

Also gord you missed what boz said to you about the oxx 2yo who won at weekend what your thoughts on her.

And as you know i like following french 2yos.And Freddie Head could have another Goldikova or Moonlight Cloud horse is called
    ROYALMANIA. she won on debut by 8LS as low 16s for 1000 guineas what you think of her gord when you look at her breeding.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

This

Royalmania

is an ‘Elusive Quality’ filly Darren so forget her for a classic then,I’m sure I’ve said that before about Joni’s ‘Great white Elephant’ too !!
    All this hype coming now from Aiden O’Brien smells a bit too familiar about your

Australia

but having watched him laugh at ‘Free Eagle’ the other day I suggest you take the 16/1 about a Guineas/Derby double……..He has the speed and if ‘Camelot’can do it anything can!! Sorry he did do me a good turn in the Guineas when you said he wouldn’t win it!! :wink: :lol:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

You right gord i did say i did not think CAMELOT win 2000 guineas but i remember you saying he not win derby too and he did :wink: :lol:

Also gord you still missed post by boz on oxx filly as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You right gord i did say i did not think CAMELOT win 2000 guineas but i remember you saying he not win derby too and he did :wink: :lol:

Also gord you still missed post by boz on oxx filly as well.

Darren yo like a ****** Terrier yappin at my heels yo are!This

Sea the stars

filly Boz is on about is one thats on my radar,she has an unraced full sister too who like herself is a half sister to a Gosden filly who never got a yard over a mile,in fact she was more of a sprinter just like their Dam ‘Fairy of the night’.Not even the influence of the sires stamina will this progeny get anywhere near the great horse himself.Milers are what this family is all about and thats there limit.Classic winning ones,No!
    Hope that helps I do,you little Terrier,so you are! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ladbrokes go 12/1 about a pretty decent 2yo tomorrow in Doncasters opener of the legendary 4 day St Leger festival.

Master Carpenters

the name,a horse I was at Pontefract the night of his 2nd victory this season,he then met the pretty awesome

Berkshire

in the Chesham and there’s nothing near that class tomorrow,it would further enhance the form of the Royal Ascot race if he were to be victorious.No way will this fellow go off 12/1.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Nice one, they have taken the decision to withdraw BPG due to the jockey!! O’Meara fancies his chances but our lads believe Darley will come late and go very close, the 14s has been accepted :-)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Gord if you think AUSTRALIA will do the guineas and derby double how about the st leger too because he be a middle distance horse for next year will he stamina for it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord if you think AUSTRALIA will do the guineas and derby double how about the st leger too because he be a middle distance horse for next year will he stamina for it.

66/1 with Bet365 to £50 Darren! :shock: Interested?,worth £15 for a Grand methinks!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Gord not sure he win at Newmarket be nice if there was a derby and leger double.

Any bets over the weekend at Doncaster or Ireland and do you think it is strange that 2 horses who not won there last 3races are joint favs for st leger.

Also any thoughts on DAZZLING i think she looks like a Oaks winner.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Also any thoughts on DAZZLING i think she looks like a Oaks winner.

Dazzling

is a filly I’ve been looking forward to seeing Darren,I had a bit of a soft spot for her Mother,she was a miler trained by Johnny G who made her debut at Nottingham some years ago,she lost that day but came back again in the Autumn and sluiced in,unfortunately she did nothing else but I caught her that day at a big price.Another reason for remembering the day well was the fact that Mr Gosden sent

Oasis Dream

up with her and he won like the class horse he was.’Dazzling’ is a miler too so dont think for one minute she will win the Oaks mate………..TAPK knows these things! :wink:
    As for the St leger I’ve lost on ‘Trading Leather’ not running but I’d like to see

Galileo Rock

show the Derby forms still respectable,the Irish one that is!!

Viewing 17 posts - 664 through 680 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.