The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Gord what do you make of the unraced 2 year olds I put up on my thread? A couple in there with decent potential I’d say.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Keep your eye out for an unraced 3yo Chestnut colt at John Oxxs called

Flashy Approach

,beautifully bred son of the Mick channon trained,Jaber Abdullah owned ‘Flashy Wings’!

Already have him in my horse tracker Gord (a privilege for any horse given there’s only 6 there :lol: ). From what I’ve heard he’s a serious animal, although I don’t know why he didn’t run last year :? Someone told me but I can’t remember now, hopefully it will come to me! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Big day for TAPK today,my ‘Derby’ horse runs in the Dante and if he doesn’t show what I said he would last year he wont be going to Epsom,simple really! If he at least runs what I would describe as a serious Derby performance and that means at least a place and staying on strongly then my fingers will be still stinging this time next week! 8).Time to let the horse do the talking but if he does win then Jim knows irrelevant of

Dawn Approach

going,this fellow will be sat next to him on the Plane!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord what you think of Dante today and thoughts on horses who ran in it

Looks like TRADING LEATHER not running at epsom so at a big price do you have a ew horse for race

Also i know you and Tommy talking of 2yos apart from FAST no other 2yos i been impressed with.But i heard good things of CHAMPIONSHIP
    Who runs in Newbury maiden that CANFORD CLIFFS and STRONG SUIT have won before what you think of him from a breeding standpoint.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Darren I was visually impressed with

Championship

,he has to go for the Coventry now but his breeding doesn’t light me up as a Guineas horse,one to keep on the right side of though for sure,I’d say he is the best 2yo I’ve seen this side of the Irish sea….for now.

Trading Leather

did me proud in the Dante,he didn’t settle but when he was asked he stuck to his guns like a horse that found a 11/4m way too short,my 80’s for the Derby could be 180’s now as Jim says he’s not going………..Where have I heard that before? :roll:
    This fellow is just too ground dependant from an Ante-Post perspective as he will be a Leger horse but taking 33/1 now and him being pulled out the night before because ‘It Rained’ does not appeal! Group 1 horse for sure so I’m happy with my foresight but gutted with him not getting the chance to tun 2nd to his stable companion! :twisted:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Normally just like to watch Saturday racing when there are no big races but have had a nice word for 2 and the ground has come right for one of mine that I follow:

Strong EW for Lady Kashaan in 220, will be finishing well. In same race I like Tagliatelle who is no 33/1 shot!

Green Howard 505 thirsk is expected to go very close indeed.

In 325 thirsk the ground has come right for Rusty Rocket and at 16s looks a good EW bet.

Be luck :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

That’s why I hate routine Saturdays :-)

Take a look at Henry Candys winner tonight – Cape Peron is a name you will hear a lot about, Royal Ascot bound and Mr Candy can produce Royal winners

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

That’s why I hate routine Saturdays :-)

Take a look at Henry Candys winner tonight – Cape Peron is a name you will hear a lot about, Royal Ascot bound and Mr Candy can produce Royal winners

Absolutely right Gary – I just wrote this on my thread:

Such was the impression he made on me yesterday I thought I’d watch it again this morning to see if I hadn’t gone a bit overboard. I didn’t. This is a SERIOUS horse. I’ll go as far as saying I think this is a Group 1 horse.

I know he has only beaten handicappers but so, appropriately enough, did Farhh and we saw what he did yesterday. Like the great Frankel, Henry Candy has said Cape Peron has always been a bit "fizzy" but yesterday he settled like a dream and made some nice unexposed horses look like selling platers. It is always interesting to watch the connections interviewed after. There was a look in the eyes of Messrs Candy and Sweeney that you don’t see that often. They are VERY excited by this horse. They both know this one could be the best they have trained/ridden.

They are aiming him at the Brittania but I think he would not look out of place in the St James Palace Stakes. With Dawn Approach stepping up in trip there is a dearth in the 3yo mile division which I think this colt could fill.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Joni: succinctly put my good man and I did the same and watched the race a couple of times this morning too :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Keep the 2yo’s coming boys one of us will spot next years 2000gns winner…………..1/10 its me! :lol:
    I cannot believe

Blood cotil

goes off at 25/1 whereas his old enemy

Diakali

goes off just 4/1,the winner was handicapped to win and duly did……….unbelievable price for a Mullins horse owned by the right connections! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I keep looking at recovering potential Ante-Post losses on

Trading Leather

not running in the Derby by backing him for the St Leger at 33/1,he really has a staying profile for a respectable Dante run.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I wonder if anyone can think of a Horse I’ve bought over the years? :lol:

Answer;-

Celestial Halo

. 2nd in this years World hurdle goes off 33/1 on the PMU today!! Unreal! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Right then the gloves are off and its time to put up another Ante-Post wager! This years Ascot Gold cup is wide open,7/1 the field tells us that and the fav ‘Rite of Passage’ is 9yo! Run a pen straight through him repeating his 2010 victory as 9yo’s dont win Ascot Gold Cups. ‘Saddlers Rock’ is 8/1 2nd fav and I’d say a worthy one at that.On good fast ground he could go off fav but any cut and he’s exposed as vulnerable.’Mount Athos’ has as much chance of winning an Ascot Gold cup as me,how on earth he’s rated a 117 horse beggars belief,he has No Form at all to suggest he’s a player in a Group 1…………And dont mention his ‘Melbourne Cup’ run as form equivalent to that of here!Ladbrokes actually make him their 6/1 fav!! :roll: This ‘High Jinx’ 10/1 of James Fanshawe has form through ‘Mount Athos’ so that gives him little chance either and the Godolphin horses ‘Cavalryman’ and ‘Colour Vision’are totally exposed the latter was flattered to win last year.So who can raise their game and be a genuine contender?………One horse can,a horse rated 107,thats 10lb less than ‘Mount bloody athos’ but whereas ‘Mount Athos’cant win a Chester cup with 8-11 on his back my fellow very nearly did with a Stone more,9-10,he’s also won around Ascots demanding 21/2m twice in the space of 3 days both times clocking faster figures than the Gold cup itself,some may say he was exposed in the Goodwood Cup but I say he’s improved since,he’s a 6yo and we all know 6yo’s have an excellent record in the race,he loves the course,handles any ground and trained by a jumps maestro who could just surprise his flat counterparts with

Simenon

.Forget about him running in the handicap this year,he’s a Gold Cup horse now!

Simenon

£50 e/w 16/1 William Hills
    £50 e/w 16/1 Corals Ascot Gold cup.

£400

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Been following Simenon for a while and been waiting for a good excuse to bet on him! The Gold Cup may be his race, he definitely has a big flat run in him this summer that’s for sure.

While we’re on the topic of Ascot which is getting closer and closer, what are everyones thoughts on the Kings Stand Stakes? I’m finding it hard to look beyong Shea Shea (11/4), he looks a very strong horse who could stamp his mark on the UK sprint scene.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A little bird tells me that

Man amongst Men

is particularly well regarded and was

expected

to run like he did at Newbury the other day,he got the run of the race and did not let his supporters down.So what does that tell us about this

Championship

then? He fell out the stalls gets hampered and still wins comfortably,he’ll get a mile easy but looks a natural ‘Coventry’ sort………….First quote of the day and its 7/1 for the Royal Ascot 2yo showpiece for 2yo’s! Tempting,tempting,I was offered 6/1

Coach House

by the way! :|

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Trading Leather

did me proud in the Dante,he didn’t settle but when he was asked he stuck to his guns like a horse that found a 11/4m way too short,my 80’s for the Derby could be 180’s now as Jim says he’s not going………..Where have I heard that before? :roll:
    This fellow is just too ground dependant from an Ante-Post perspective as he will be a Leger horse but taking 33/1 now and him being pulled out the night before because ‘It Rained’ does not appeal! Group 1 horse for sure so I’m happy with my foresight but gutted with him not getting the chance to tun 2nd to his stable companion! :twisted:

I don’t think the St Leger will suit Trading Leather, chances are it will be softish and I have doubts he’ll stay in any case. I have a feeling he won’t quite make it this year. O’Brien will probably pull something stamina packed out of the hat that will end up a shortie on St Leger day. The burning question is which one?

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I don’t think the St Leger will suit Trading Leather, chances are it will be softish and I have doubts he’ll stay in any case.

I agree about the ground issue Steve and that is my main concern about backing him Ante-Post for an Autumnal race.I backed him heavily for the Derby fully expecting him to run in it whether

Dawn approach

ran in it or not as its no big deal running 2 horses, so why Jim Bolgers adamant he wont be joining the big chestnut surprises me as there’s only one Derby and 2nd strings have been known to run well.From a Breeding point of view,the dams side has plenty of stamina as has the sires, I’m a big fan of

Sinndar

as a Stallion,he’s sired several Group 1 11/2m horses in

Youmzain

Shareta

and

Shawanda

and down the

Teofilo

bloodline there’s

Lashkari

and

Mill Reef

,this fellows a purple bred colt who is a Group 1 winner in waiting……….On fast ground unfortunately!

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.