The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 647 through 663 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

It’s last chance saloon for one of my horses to follow this season – I really did think he was better than a handicapper but not so, however Ascots long straight course will suit him down to the ground

Pythagorean at 8s looks nailed on for top 4 and with a good timed run 1st :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Good Morning fellow punters,tis a balmy day and the Weather still doesn’t know what its doing.

Trading Leather

is my

hope

of the day but again the ground is paramount.One horse who I shall be watching with interest though is his full brother

Wexford Town

,this fellow has yet to contribute to the excellent form of the EBF maiden he contested along with ‘Free Eagle’ and ‘Kingfisher’,I rated that race highly and expect both placed horses to finish much closer to the 2014 Derby Fav than the last time they met over C/D.I have taken the 5/1 about

Gordon Lord Byron

in todays big sprint at Haydock having already lost Ante-Post on

Cristoforo Colombo

! Incidentally I’ve been looking back at all the ‘features’ I’ve written up for the fine folk of Inverness this past year and without any exaggeration when I’ve written up the piece on a Wednesday evening by Saturday post time 50% of my selections haven’t even turned up!! :oops: The other 49% have lost! :oops: I think apart from waffling on about

Dawn Approach

winning the Guineas all winter I posted one winner….alright maybe 2 and thats pitiful so I reckon its time to hand the reigns over to someone new,someone who can write a bit and has a good knowledge of the sport,someone who moulds themself on me a bit but can hopefully pick winners.With a Jumps season to get excited about I reckon its time for

Bozlike

to get his pencils sharpened for a fresh start??

Olas

I like the idea of stepping your horse

Riverboat springs

up in trip too as he certainly looks like he’s been caught out for pace in his previous runs,you too are a force for the jumps season ahead,I look forward to your thoughts throughout the winter.

GDC

,I agree with

Pythagorean

but I have followed

Glen Moss

since his 2yo days,(son of Moss Vale).Good Luck today chaps.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Good Morning fellow punters,tis a balmy day and the Weather still doesn’t know what its doing.

Trading Leather

is my

hope

of the day but again the ground is paramount.One horse who I shall be watching with interest though is his full brother

Wexford Town

,this fellow has yet to contribute to the excellent form of the EBF maiden he contested along with ‘Free Eagle’ and ‘Kingfisher’,I rated that race highly and expect both placed horses to finish much closer to the 2014 Derby Fav than the last time they met over C/D.

I had a heavy session in Wexford town last night Gord, a nice place for a drink if you’re ever over here. Anyway, both Wexford Town and Kingfisher in particular look like above average horses, and I think Kingfisher is a good price at 2/1 without the favourite.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Wexford Town

is 14/1 without the fav and 75’s on the machine with, Tommy,there’s not a lot between ‘Kingfisher’ and ‘Wexford Town’ and yet theres a huge gap in the market.My fellows a full brother to

Trading Leather

so needs every yard of this mile,his price is insulting……….So long as it doesn’t rain that is!! He’s bound to want the ground fast like his bro!
    Wexford sounds like my sort of town Tommy! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

It takes a brave man to Lay a red hot Fav but when a horse trades at 1/5 in running you can sleep well knowing you are only losing a 1/5th of your stake should it win.

Lethal Force

is an admirable sort but he looked a bit flat to me last time out on softish ground,he doesn’t get his ideal conditions today and on a line through the very reliable ‘Society rock’ I’d give

Gordon Lord Byron

a chance of beating his old adversary today and if not him at least you have the field running for you too.The style of the favs running tells you he’ll trade short in running and I’ll hope something nabs him late on,we’ll soon find out! 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

It takes a brave man to Lay a red hot Fav but when a horse trades at 1/5 in running you can sleep well knowing you are only losing a 1/5th of your stake should it win.

Lethal Force

is an admirable sort but he looked a bit flat to me last time out on softish ground,he doesn’t get his ideal conditions today and on a line through the very reliable ‘Society rock’ I’d give

Gordon Lord Byron

a chance of beating his old adversary today and if not him at least you have the field running for you too.The style of the favs running tells you he’ll trade short in running and I’ll hope something nabs him late on,we’ll soon find out! 8)

TAPK,King of the layers is right again and maintains his 100% record of putting up favs to lay…………….Unfortunately he never traded at anything less than 3/1 so I never got a penny on,thankfully Gordon Lord Wilson did back

Gordon Lord Byron

at 5/1!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Hope AUSTRALIA runs this week at a 1m best trip for him at 2yo and then either go to Doncaster then put away for 3yo carear. with a derby trail in ireland ready for Epsom i told AOB what to do now wonder if he listen :lol:

Well done Darren, slaughtered Free Eagle there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord who wins derby next year then mate?

As for

Australia

??………You know if I say he’s got No chance,he’s lost………I’m saying nothing for now mate! :wink:

You can see why I wouldn’t commit to your horse Darren after that demolition of ‘Free Eagle’…….5’s for the Derby now! Well spotted and Good luck,has to go Racing Post trophy after that! :shock:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Gord i remember you saying AUSTRALIA best chance is winning the st leger am sure you said that too.Showed a nice change of gear today happy with my 25s for derby.Think Doncaster next for him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Those of us loyal to our horses always take great pleasure from seeing those who lose their way return to some form,particularly when they have progressed from Handicap company to group company and showed good progressive form.

Hoof it

falls into that category,that run today screams Ayr Gold Cup,off 107 he’ll get in with 9-7 but he would win off 10-0 if he repeated todays run in a fortnight.Corals were quickest to cut him to 16/1 from 25’s then into 14’s,TAPK king of Foresights snaffled the 26’s on the machine sharpish though as Europes richest Sprint handicap must fall into Mick Easterbys radar.The big horse could even go off fav come the day!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

En-route to the mooring calls for a swift one!

[attachment=0:16gszy8z]9av6h0.jpg[/attachment:16gszy8z]

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Being the Demon of the Semen and I dont mean that as a nautical term allows me the pleasure to relax at the helm as I steer a course down the River Trent,from where the beast is moored I can make Nottingham Races by road in 25 minutes or Southwell in less than 10 minutes.However by river it would take me 2 hours to Nottingham and nearly an hour to Southwell as the bloody river twists and turns on itself like a bloody Snakes Wedding!

[attachment=1:e11lzlra]20jitlv.jpg[/attachment:e11lzlra]

[attachment=0:e11lzlra]9hj409.jpg[/attachment:e11lzlra]

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Cruising along on the opposite side of the river to the road takes a bit of getting used to when oncoming boats pass on the ‘Port’ side.

[attachment=0:3md4mjho]vxdmkg.jpg[/attachment:3md4mjho]

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Great photos mate :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Great photos mate :-)

Cheers Gary,I wonder if I can get her up the Swale?? :lol:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Pmsl no bloody chance – we have one Wed but want this soddin rain to stop!!

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

There’s a good half dozen

Sea the Stars

I could mention Darren but I’ll give you a couple to keep an eye out for called

Wild at Sea

, and

Stars so bright

! :wink:

You’re right Gord, there’s plenty of ‘Stars” emerging all the time. One won a maiden on Saturday at Leopardstown and will beat your

Tapestry

in the 1000 Guineas :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 647 through 663 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.