The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Got night and high for the golf yesturday but got to be honest I was a little dissapointed, was really hoping Lee would finally win one but it wasn’t to be, he felt the pressure about half way through the round and that’s where Mick started to shine. Gutted for him!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord my final round advice in open was to back Adam Scott 7/1 on sunday morning how did he lose it again was in lead and bogeys 4 holes on the trot head in my hands it was i thought after winning masters he got over the open from last year.Golf a crazy sport it is.

Also pants you can enter my general sports thread too every week be putting up bets in candian open this week

Gord what you think of AUSTRALIA and TAPESTRY who won yesterday too.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

I never saw

Tapestry

myself Darren, but she’s certainly a nicely bred filly. She’s a full sister to a horse I was going to keep a keen eye on this year in

Theatre

, who seems to be either very backward or just of somewhat limited ability. Could be one to watch though, you’re very shrewd with your 2 year old scoutings you are :wink:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Thank you for nice words Boz am sure you and other members agree when it comes to spotting talent i am number one on here i am i am. :)

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Thank you for nice words Boz am sure you and other members agree when it comes to spotting talent i am number one on here i am i am. :)

:shock: Saying that on Gord’s thread is asking for trouble it is! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord my final round advice in open was to back Adam Scott 7/1 on sunday morning how did he lose it again was in lead and bogeys 4 holes on the trot head in my hands it was i thought after winning masters he got over the open from last year.Golf a crazy sport it is.

Also pants you can enter my general sports thread too every week be putting up bets in candian open this week

Darren like I said before Adam Scott is another ‘Jibber’,he wont win another Major and I’m still amazed he’s won one! Now this

Tapestry

really caught my eye yesterday she is superbly bred to be a 1000 gns horse and is certainly my idea of the winner at this time,she ran a lovely race bearing in mind it was her debut.God knows why ‘Snow’ her stable companion went off 6/4 and her at 7/1 but thats misinformation for you!When Seamie pulled her out from behind the leaders she picked up well albeit hanging into them but she was well on top at the end and wasn’t stopping.She is a miler in my mind and a Group horse already,a very exciting ‘Rumplestilt
    skin’ filly! As for your

Australia

,well I was more impressed first time out than his run over the weekend,I like him but I wouldn’t be taking 12/1 with Stan James for the Derby!
    By the way this ‘Kiyoshi’ filly should never be 6/1 for the 1000gns,No way!she wont be winning next Mays Classic.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

William Hills going 16/1 about

Tapestry

doing something her Mother couldn’t and thats winning the 1000gns,I was never a fan of

Rumplestiltskin

unlike Aiden,who got a bit carried away with the plaudits but I like the breeding and I liked her daughters debut yesterday,obviously the question "Will she Train on"? has to be asked but I see the cross breeding of a ‘Galileo’,’Danehill’ filly as an ideal candidate for Classic glory,she looks more robust than her dam too.

Tapestry

£100 e/w 16/1 William Hill 1000gns 2014.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Boz i am a brave man my old china

Gord i am on this horse for 1000 guineas too at 16/1 was very taken with her debut.On AUSTRALIA i thought he done ok take 2nd out he beat them very easy. question should be ask is the 2nd a decent horse from Weld stable.And there is time for AUSTRALIA to get better and we know this horse will be better as a 3yo too.

Also gord i know you like Flintshire what you think of TREVE and INTELLO for arc just saw both races again in oaks and derby both horses still were running to the line. though TREVE more impressive
    and if INTELLO not turn up i think TELESCOPE could win arc. way he saw out his race was impressive and extra 2furlong will suit him shame not fit for epsom if he was i be collecting a 40/1 slip on him oh well.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Off for my annual excursion to York Saturday, looking to be a good card and hopefully get the dash winner again :-)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Off for my annual excursion to York Saturday, looking to be a good card and hopefully get the dash winner again :-)

I will be giving Body And Soul another chance in the Dash at York if she turns up. She has won there before and although a bit disappointing since at the course, that was in a Group 3 contest. She has won 5 times from 9 runs and has won three times in fields of around 20 runners in size. Tim Easterby was a little bit worried she wasn’t quite fit before she won at York in June and if you take away her last run I think she would be trading a good bit shorter than the 14/1 currently offered by William Hill.

Have a good day out.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Anyone who’s been on the recieving end of an ‘Apchamu Jirugi’ from yours truly knows its game over,the additional pleasure of seeing stars comes naturally as they fall into unconsciousness, albeit briefly.Confidence in ones ability is all thats required.Ability is honed like a Chisel on a Grinding Wheel,repetitive behaviour,round and round and round until its 2nd nature.The art of combat requires not only the choice of weapon from the defendant to be correct but a quick assertion of ones attacker has to be gleamed almost instantly.Eye contact is critical,you can read an opponent like a book just from their eyes.The first couple of pages are all bluster,as most attackers build themselves up psychologically before launching their predictable Haymaker with an Arc like a crescent moon,thats when they see the Stars!Of course there’s the ‘ambush’ attack,the sort of attack that is most common to assaults in isolated places often in Darkness.No-one can deal with those as weapons are often used.Avoid such places as best you can and stay vigilante.Vigilance isn’t always enough to safeguard yourself,family and property,we recently had 3 Workmen in High vis jackets driving a White Works Van turn up to a single ladies property suggesting they were working on the path outside her house,she opened the door and the 3 of them tied her up and robbed her.You cant trust anyone!This recent heatwave has seen us all open windows wider than usual and how many of us have left the back door wide open and gone out,its a Burglars paradise at the moment and we all need to stay sharp and thats easier said than done when the heat gets to you.The heats on at the moment in the World of Horseracing too………The ‘Jewson’ has been upgraded to a Grade 1 race for next years Cheltenham festival,that is the best news for those who had the foresight to suggest that

Un Atout

is the one to beat and now I’m joining them,at 16/1 with Bet 365 I can honestly say thats his target and the 16/1 wont last now,I was concerned he could be an RSA sort but I know enough about musical chairs to know that barring really fast ground Willie Mullins will have his pen out confirming him this morning!

Un Atout

£150 e/w 16/1 Bet365 Jewson Cheltenham 2014.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

The ‘Jewson’ has been upgraded to a Grade 1 race for next years Cheltenham festival,that is the best news for those who had the foresight to suggest that

Un Atout

is the one to beat and now I’m joining them,at 16/1 with Bet 365 I can honestly say thats his target and the 16/1 wont last now,I was concerned he could be an RSA sort but I know enough about musical chairs to know that barring really fast ground Willie Mullins will have his pen out confirming him this morning!

Agree wholeheartedly Gord, set up a Bet 365 account this morning as this Robin Des Champs gelding will surely only have one target now. Expect the usual Mullins "He’s could go to the Arkle or RSA, he’s also in the 4 miler" stuff beforehand though! Gigginstown also have

Bright New Dawn

though, so it’s not just the Mullins Musical Chairs we’ll have to worry about.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Anyone who’s been on the recieving end of an ‘Apchamu Jirugi’ from yours truly knows its game over,the additional pleasure of seeing stars comes naturally as they fall into unconsciousness, albeit briefly.Confidence in ones ability is all thats required.Ability is honed like a Chisel on a Grinding Wheel,repetitive behaviour,round and round and round until its 2nd nature.The art of combat requires not only the choice of weapon from the defendant to be correct but a quick assertion of ones attacker has to be gleamed almost instantly.Eye contact is critical,you can read an opponent like a book just from their eyes.The first couple of pages are all bluster,as most attackers build themselves up psychologically before launching their predictable Haymaker with an Arc like a crescent moon,thats when they see the Stars!Of course there’s the ‘ambush’ attack,the sort of attack that is most common to assaults in isolated places often in Darkness.No-one can deal with those as weapons are often used.Avoid such places as best you can and stay vigilante.Vigilance isn’t always enough to safeguard yourself,family and property,we recently had 3 Workmen in High vis jackets driving a White Works Van turn up to a single ladies property suggesting they were working on the path outside her house,she opened the door and the 3 of them tied her up and robbed her.You cant trust anyone!This recent heatwave has seen us all open windows wider than usual and how many of us have left the back door wide open and gone out,its a Burglars paradise at the moment and we all need to stay sharp and thats easier said than done when the heat gets to you.The heats on at the moment in the World of Horseracing too………The ‘Jewson’ has been upgraded to a Grade 1 race for next years Cheltenham festival,that is the best news for those who had the foresight to suggest that

Un Atout

Un Atout

£150 e/w 16/1 Bet365 Jewson Cheltenham 2014.

And with one swift blow you’ve out-staked me on him Gord, and I’ve been chipping away for months! :lol: Glad to have you on board though mate :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

When TAPK decides to unleash his powder its when he’s pretty damn sure of a target,I’m deadly at picking out targets for horses just not so deadly at hitting the Bulls eye……….

MTOY

!! :twisted: This

Un Atout

French for ‘A Trump’ could well prove that the sh*t that comes out of my mouth has an air of mouldy Bollox to it but having deliberated and cogitated for a good few weeks now I’m as sure about this fellow taking the ‘Jewson’ route as I was ‘First Lieutenant’ and ‘Sir des champs’ taking their respected routes to the 2012 festival,like Tommy says we’re in for a rough ride as Willie likes to tease us with his running plans,what willie forgets though are some of us with 30 yrs of study behind us know exactly just what these creatures of habit are like…..Transparent, but we’ll pretend to be none the wiser to appease their better judgement.I have no qualms whatsoever now that with the ‘Jewson’ going Grade 1,………Well played Michael O’Leary by the way!! 8) that the big brute of a raw Chaser ‘Un Atout’ will be targeted with that one race in mind,I’ll go 1/5 he starts his chasing career at Fairyhouse in December and follows his half brother all the way home to the big one.Anyone concerned that the big horse needs soft ground need worry no more about what the weather brings as Davy Russell states "He’ll be even better on Good Ground" that in itself is a huge relief,No barring ridiculously fast ground next March and a trouble free passage

Un Atout

will go off fav for the ‘Jewson’ and win……….16/1 gone now old bigmouths spoken yet?? :lol:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

This

Un Atout

French for ‘A Trump’

‘Un Atout’ – French for ‘An Asset’ Gord 8) Thus ‘An asset to my army’…….’

Un atout

pour mon armée’ :wink:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

But everything else I agree with wholeheartedly :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

‘Un atout’ is a trump card gentlemen :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.