The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Absolutely fine Gdc1,nice of you to ask but i am still intrigued to know why you want to separate Royal Ascot, but with you, i just sense a hidden agenda.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I’m interested to see how backing numerous horses in one race at Royal Ascot has compared to us who backed only 1 or 2 and generally lost, that’s all – that OK with you Softie?

The point Softie is making Gdc1, is that a person’s profit/loss over such a short time span as Royal Ascot means absolutely nothing. Any good or bad punter can have a good or bad week, it is profit/loss over years that matter. If you really need to know I made a small over all loss at Royal Ascot…

If I was no good at identifying value in those "numerous horses" – then backing numerous horses would obviously result in a greater loss than just backing one horse (ie not profit).

People should realise backing two, three or however many bets in one race at a combined price of whatever is not cheating. Just as betting ante-post is not cheating. Backing 1 horse @ Evens in a race is not cheating; so why is backing 4 horses all @ 7/1 at combined odds of Evens cheating? Backing numerous horses is no better or worse than any other strategy, it uses no more or less skill than any other form of betting (eg ante-post), just what suits the particular punter.

It does not matter how profit is made.

To answer what I believe the meaning of your question Gdc1: I wish those criticising "backing numerous horses in one race" would compare their

over all

percentage profit on

over all

stakes – with mine. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Ginge you really haven’t got a clue about laying horses,you haven’t got one for backing them either,you need loads! :lol: :lol: I’m rather tiddled tonight as I’m celebrating another legendary coup of mine but back to the point you so wrongly raise.

If

I lay a horse in running at 1/5

like I did

‘Battle of Marengo’ and have £500 on him do you realise how much I actually

stand

to Win or Lose should the horse Win or Lose?? Think about it before answering you muppet! :roll:

Think about it before using the words "If" (instead of "When"), then "like I did", then "stand" (as in will be, not did) instead of "stood". Places questions in peoples minds Gord.

Despite being so adamant beforehand Battle Of Merengo would not win – despite being able to back it to lose at a shade of odds-against beforehand. You had the confidence to wait, and wait, and wait, until "1/5" (or how I like to call it) backing it to lose @ 5/1 :wink: … For you to know exactly the right time to get the best price! And what’s more, instead of your usual sized bets we now hear you put £500 on! Brilliant betting Gord, absolutely outstanding, truly the king of

fore

?sight! :lol:

I see still no apology to Timeform for totally misrepresenting their ratings. :roll:

Value Is Everything
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Ginge: you have me intrigued now as I struggle to see how your multi bets at Royal Ascot ended in a small loss? How many winners did you get from the 30 races?

About 6?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Three Kings together! ‘The Ante-Post King’ legend of the turf! ‘The Sprint King’ legend of the turf! and ‘Fat Fac King B*stard’ my brother! :lol:

[attachment=0:14nzgxc1]30re.jpg[/attachment:14nzgxc1]

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

[attachment=0:3smgzmg5]2wrg3fp.jpg[/attachment:3smgzmg5]

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Dont talk to horses when yo P*ssed! Particularly ‘The Pirate’ he takes chunks out of yo!

[attachment=0:1b1qt1m8]m839ft.jpg[/attachment:1b1qt1m8]

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Jus Chewin the fat with my Old Mate Tax Free! 2 legends together!

[attachment=0:1xzqy01p]2pshu2v.jpg[/attachment:1xzqy01p]

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Nice pics Gord :-) Dandy the midget :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Dandy doing a ‘Trotter’!! :lol:

[attachment=0:1kphkdsd]zk4nye.jpg[/attachment:1kphkdsd]

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"Do you remember me winning the Dash for you TAPK"?
    "Never forget the ride yo got ‘Indian’"

[attachment=0:2yph87xt]fvlqc1.jpg[/attachment:2yph87xt]

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/2wrg3fp_zpsd7317fa9.jpg

Your brother is smaller and balder than I’d expected Gord!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

My Brother often gets confused with Ronnie Corbett Steve!! :lol: I had to laugh today as we were introducing ourselves to others,I got chatting to various folk with racing interests,several of whom contribute to various Racing forums but read this one.I said in just passing, like you do…."Have you ever read ‘The Ante-Post King’ on The Racing Forum,One guys eyes lit up and it made his day that it was I,……Racing legend extroadinaire and we chatted merrily! another said "What a ****** cocky git he is".."Thinks he’s it"…..er yeh he does a bit,I’m actually called ‘Oh so sharp’ I said to that person! :oops: Just shows you how you can be popular to some and a villain to others!! :lol: Dandy was in top form as usual and I have to say I learn more from talking to him for a couple of hours than I do in a year learning this great sport.He is to ‘Sprinting’ what Usain Bolt is to er………Sprinting!

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Glad you had a great day, the little rogue certainly can train sprinters! Hope Trotter is off for rest of season, nightmare jockey IMO mate unlike his mother :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Hopefully a couple lined up soon :-)

Oasisdreamer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

Top pics Gord – surprised the Pirate didn’t have those shades from off your head!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

He took a chunk out of my Brothers jersey Oasis instead! :lol:

[attachment=0:vo7vj5ck]6ofu4l.jpg[/attachment:vo7vj5ck]

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.