The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Michael Tabors a fearless Gambler and he’s backing my 2nd lay of the week in this

Battle of Marengo

!! Oh dear,I rate Michael as a judge but I still dont rate the horse even against this pretty poor lot! Come on something will pass him! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Michael Tabors a fearless Gambler and he’s backing my 2nd lay of the week in this

Battle of Marengo

!! Oh dear,I rate Michael as a judge but I still dont rate the horse even against this pretty poor lot! Come on something will pass him! :shock:

TAPK legendary layer of horses knew that fellow doesn’t get 11/2m,I’ve said it all year! 1/5 in running was taken on the Lay button aswell as 1/2……..You have to battle to win! 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Forgotten Voice has just boosted MTOY’s form…….. :D

Blackbeard to conquer the World

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord what you think of LEADING LIGHT today is he a future st leger or Gold cup winner.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Forgotten Voice has just boosted MTOY’s form…….. :D

Thats about the only good thing thats happened at Royal Ascot this week regarding form Nath! :lol: Its been a S*it week for betting in this camp I can assure you.I go into the final day with my confidence undented as usual mind and know that

Ektihaam

is a certainty at 3/1,

Duke of Firenze

for the Cavalry charge at 7/1 and

Mince

to bring the house down in the Jubilee.If all 3 get beat I’ll gladly say I’m useless!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord what you think of LEADING LIGHT today is he a future st leger or Gold cup winner.

He’s neither Darren,nothing special at all and thats what I’d have said before he won today!! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Oddschecker shows this

Mount Athos

as fav across the board for todays Hardwicke at 5/2 with plenty 7/2 about

Ektihaam

.Now I dont profess to be an expert ’tissue’ maker but I do know a good horse when I see one and ‘Mount athos’ certainly isn’t.

Ektihaam

on the other hand is and Ascot suits,he’ll make all today whilst Jamie sits cantering and kidding all of us that his ‘Mount’ will find something off the bridle!! :lol: :lol: He’ll come alongside my fellow and my fellow will battle to win whilst ‘Mount athos’ finds jack s*it,if he trades Odds-on in running I’ll lay him! TAPKS 3rd and final lay of the meeting.I see GC is bulling his chances up on the morning line as I write……….Poor judge!

Ektihaam

£200 win 7/2 Betfred Hardwicke.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I take no pleasure from telling all and sundry that

Mount Athos

is one poor horse as

Ektihaam

was a certainty beat!I’ve never liked the partnership of Paul Hanagan/Sheikh Maktoum and that was a case of going too fast on slippery ground!It now transpires the worthy winner

Thomas Chippendale

has suffered a severe injury……….Ffs!! What a horrible race!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I take no pleasure from telling all and sundry that

Mount Athos

is one poor horse as

Ektihaam

was a certainty beat!I’ve never liked the partnership of Paul Hanagan/Sheikh Maktoum and that was a case of going too fast on slippery ground!It now transpires the worthy winner

Thomas Chippendale

has suffered a severe injury……….Ffs!! What a horrible race!

Tragic Gord. Life is so unfair.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Joni we know but listening to the utter drivel that comes out of Graham Cunninghams mouth only confirms to me that he like Jim Mcgrath is fast becoming yet another one who very craftily puts the public away.GC has bigged up the most over-rated horse in training all week in

Mount Athos

a horse with a rating of 117! WHAT? How the hell he ever got that lofty rating when he couldn’t even win a Chester Cup off 101 astounds me!
    GC now tells us that he is well connected to the Cecil yard and he’s been told on several occassions to come and see

Thomas Chippendale

in training a finer looking horse you wont see, he tells us in his work! Really Graham? And no doubt a horse who was set to peak today in a race he won last year and yet you’re harping on about the bloody plodder that is ‘Mount Athos’! GC’s card is marked as far as future assessments go from this camp.Thats what working with Jim Mcgrath does to you Graham! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Joni we know but listening to the utter drivel that comes out of Graham Cunninghams mouth only confirms to me that he like Jim Mcgrath is fast becoming yet another one who very craftily puts the public away.GC has bigged up the most over-rated horse in training all week in

Mount Athos

a horse with a rating of 117! WHAT? How the hell he ever got that lofty rating when he couldn’t even win a Chester Cup off 101 astounds me!
    GC now tells us that he is well connected to the Cecil yard and he’s been told on several occassions to come and see

Thomas Chippendale

in training a finer looking horse you wont see, he tells us in his work! Really Graham? And no doubt a horse who was set to peak today in a race he won last year and yet you’re harping on about the bloody plodder that is ‘Mount Athos’! GC’s card is marked as far as future assessments go from this camp.Thats what working with Jim Mcgrath does to you Graham! :shock:

No reason why a racing enthusiast can not "tip" Mount Athos and appreciate Thomas Chippendale. How the !"£$%^&* is that

"putting the public away"

? :? Thomas Chippendale was indeed one of the best looking horses in the country Gord, let alone Warren Place. To be pedantic as you are Gord, he won the King Edward last year, not the "same" Hardwicke race. Lost his chance in both races this season when too free. Today had two confirmed front runners in Universal and Ektihaam, likely to take each other on in the first few furlongs. So a good pace likely which helps types like Thomas to settle early. We also know he acted well at Ascot.

As I am sure you know TAPK, Mount Athos has improved since 4th off 101, in the 2011 Chester Cup for a different trainer (David Wachman).

Won the Geoffrey Freer last year by 3 1/4 lengths from Brown Panther – who in his very next race failed by a head and short head (third) from winning the Group 1 Irish St Leger…
    And on Mount Athos’s previous start had won the John Smiths Silver Cup with one of the best weight carrying performances seen all year. Under 10 stones giving 8 lbs and a 4 length beating to High Jinx… Who on his next two starts finished 2nd to Times Up in two Group 2’s Lonsdale and Doncaster Cups; before achieving the same position in the Group 1 Prix Du Cadran.
    Mount Athos himself went on to finish 5th in the Melbourne Cup. Doing by far the best of those dropped out the back, suggesting he’d have gone close to winning had the pace been as strong as it normally is in the race that stops a Nation.

However, Mount Athos’s best form is with more give and over further than he raced today. So if not exactly as you say Gord "plodder" – he needed to act on the ground and show more pace than ever.

Most owners might target Royal Ascot, but Mount Athos would’ve been one of the favourites in the Gold Cup (he’s that good). Possibly Britain’s best "stayer". Connections did not want to risk showing their hand to the Australian handicapper, as a return to Melbourne is the Doctor’s main target. So although Mount Athos had the "best form", there were reasons why he might not show that form Gord.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Well I said I wasn’t going to chase my losses but mysteriously I was pulling on my jeans at the bottom of the bed one minute and I looked up to find I was standing at the counter in Ladbrokes with a ticket in hand with Ektihaam written on it. All was going swimmingly well and suddenly I was staring numbly in disbelief and it took me a minute to realise who had actually won the race. When I realised it was my old pal Tommy Chip I felt happy for the Cecil team but there was to be a sickening twist on an already bad race for me. That is all part of Racing’s Roller Coaster ride though and I will take the win of Riposte away as my highlight of the week despite not backing her.

As for Mount Athos I thought he was highly doubtful over the trip today. His race wins at the distance were in modest company and I think many of his fans were getting a milk bottle in their trousers over his romp at Chester. The absolute tin-lid on him came when I heard Emma Spencer tipping him up as one of her bets of the day on the Ladbrokes in-shop coverage.

Happy punting.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

No reason why a racing enthusiast can not "tip" Mount Athos and appreciate Thomas Chippendale. How the !"£$%^&* is that

? :?

Most owners might target Royal Ascot, but Mount Athos would’ve been one of the favourites in the Gold Cup (he’s that good). Possibly Britain’s best "stayer". Connections did not want to risk showing their hand to the Australian handicapper, as a return to Melbourne is the Doctor’s main target. So although Mount Athos had the "best form", there were reasons why he might not show that form Gord.

Ginge to have the ability just to understand how these Tipsters minds work is a skill,its like being able to seperate the wood from the trees,you take things far too literally and lack the required mindset in order to evaluate the difference of what people say and what people do.I have that ability,I can tell just by the way people on here write as to what sort of person they are,irrelevant to Horseracing.I have read your work for several years now and you prove that in life just like in your betting you are one who cant think for themselves,you lack confidence thats why you need the likes of Timeform to re-assure you,incidentally both GC and JM are ex-Timeform operatives who also

depend

strictly on form to assess horses,neither have shown the ability to identify an unexposed talent in a horse as their assessment of the likes of

Remote

proved the other day.As for laying horses I think all 3 of you would find that a challlenge too far all because you all look at Horses respective chances Mathematically and the thought that a 1/5 shot was layable would be enough for you all to soil your pants! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

? :?

Ginge to have the ability just to understand how these Tipsters minds work is a skill,its like being able to seperate the wood from the trees,you take things far too literally and lack the required mindset in order to evaluate the difference of what people say and what people do.I have that ability,I can tell just by the way people on here write as to what sort of person they are,irrelevant to Horseracing.I have read your work for several years now and you prove that in life just like in your betting you are one who cant think for themselves,you lack confidence thats why you need the likes of Timeform to re-assure you,incidentally both GC and JM are ex-Timeform operatives who also

depend

strictly on form to assess horses,neither have shown the ability to identify an unexposed talent in a horse as their assessment of the likes of

Remote

proved the other day.As for laying horses I think all 3 of you would find that a challlenge too far all because you all look at Horses respective chances Mathematically and the thought that a 1/5 shot was layable would be enough for you all to soil your pants! :lol:

Thought this was a "discussion" forum? :lol:
    I respond to your points about Mount Athos and Thomas Chippendale… and what do I get?

Absolutely nothing about the two horses concerned. Just telling us how brilliant you are and how useless I am, a barrage of abuse. :roll:

How did I deserve that? :?
    Carry on Gordie, you’ll believe it yourself one day. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Thought this was a "discussion" forum? :lol:
    I respond to your points about Mount Athos and Thomas Chippendale… and what do I get?

Absolutely nothing about the two horses concerned. Just telling us how brilliant you are and how useless I am, a barrage of abuse. :roll:

How did I deserve that? :?
    Carry on Gordie, you’ll believe it yourself one day. :wink:

Ginge I believe God gave me a gift,a gift of sharing.Some people as gifted as myself would keep that divine right to themselves,thats Selfishness in my humble opinion.When I’m singing "Onward Christian Soldiers" at the top of my voice in Gods Church and many of the assembly turn round and look at me,Its because i’m sharing,sharing Gods word,I know one or 2 are thinking TAPK shut the **** up you cant sing for toffee but thats what you get when you stand out from the crowd.You know yourself what its like to be

different

,I’d love a pound for everytime you’ve heard the immortal lines "Who’s the Ginger T*at"? So there are similarities between us just not when it comes to Horseracing! Dr Koukash suggested quite seriously that his

Mount Athos

would line up in this years Gold Cup after his Chester romp,his

inexperience

in this great sport was exposed that day! Luca and Jamie put him right very quickly,bit like I put you right from time to time.Dont take my criticism to heart but look at it in the Godly way its meant and thats constructively! :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I’d love a pound for everytime you’ve heard the immortal lines "Who’s the Ginger T*at"?

You’d have about a fiver then. :lol:

There aren’t many loud-mouth idiots, jealous I’ve still a full head of hair that hasn’t gone grey. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Don’t go blaming God Gord, he didn’t give you a thing. Poor chap.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.