The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A DIFFERENT APPROACH’

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

The bookies are running scared :shock: TAPK’s coined it, now Tom Segal’s at it as well……………

3:45 Gold Cup 2m 4f

It’s wide open, one I’m really sweet on is Simenon for Willie Mullins. Think he has a really good chance. This is my biggest bet of the Festival.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

Gord good luck this week on Stubbs what i say is not every horse from now on will run in 1st 2yo race of year and win 2000 guineas like last year the next year.Also number one 2yo from Coolmore will be horse who wins racingpost trophy 3 out of 4winners been CAMELOT,KINGSBARNS and SNA
    so later in a season a horse debut win a bad maiden then win racingpost trophy and go for derby too.

Gord any thoughts on Wokingham i like REX IMPERTATOR at 12/1
    BARNET FAIR for a place too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The bookies are running scared :shock: TAPK’s coined it, now Tom Segal’s at it as well……………

3:45 Gold Cup 2m 4f

It’s wide open, one I’m really sweet on is Simenon for Willie Mullins. Think he has a really good chance. This is my biggest bet of the Festival.

Yes Boz,there’s been times when Tom has had a peek on here just to reassure himself but the poor fellow only gets the crumbs off my table,if he’s taken the 16/1 when I did then my names Tom the Seagull! :wink: I remember a couple of years ago putting

Evens and Odds

up at 33/1 on here for the Stewards Cup and I was bullish about his chances even though he hadn’t really got the form to do a thing,Dandy even had young Billy Cray on him but I was adamant about their chances so much so I was suggesting a gamble on the morning of the race.I set off for Cornwall that very morning and told my mate ‘Pirate Johhny’ to get me 2 bottles of Bolly in ready for my arrival.We got there just as the last horses entered the stalls,Johhny says to me which is your horse and I said just watch out for the red Cap finishing late.I hadn’t even looked in the Racing Post but when I did I couldn’t believe Tom had tipped it up too,No wonder it returned at 20/1 from 33/1 the night before.Incidentally the horse he beat that day went on to land me one of my biggest coups ever,a horse called

Prohibit

,you wont remember me putting that fellow up at 40/1 to win the Kings stand Boz,before your time on here! :wink: At least you know why I’m known as ‘The legendary Ante-Post King’ now mate!! :lol: I expect

Simenon

to run away with the Gold Cup,if ‘Estimate’ is his biggest rival then he’ll go off fav too as the Queens horse lacks the speed of my fellow!

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

What’s happened to Animal Kingdom? 8/13 to evens?

Looks thrown in but……..,

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Looks thrown in but……..,

I’m a layer not a Player as far as he goes,something will beat him!

Chil the Kite

at 40/1 e/w for me Gary.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any thoughts on Wokingham i like REX IMPERTATOR at 12/1
    BARNET FAIR for a place too.

Rex Imperator

is well handicapped Darren and if he had still been with Roger Charlton I’d be confident but Roger doesn’t get rid of them for nothing,Concerns me! I cant oppose

Duke of Firenze

he looks a serious sprinter now and 7/1 is still generous for the Wokingham imo.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Todays card at Royal Ascot reminds me of the first time I walked into a Brothel in Amsterdam……….Spoilt for choice or what? ‘Kings stand’, ‘St James Palace’, and ‘Coventry’.I’m havin that one that one and that one.In the Kings stand I’ll have an interest in ‘Spirit Quartz’ and

Prohibit

at 50’s this time,the ‘Coventry’ is all about

Stubbs

and so long as he’s finishing fast I’ll be happy,his draw may inconvenience him and he might just meet trouble but if he’s as good as I think he should still get the better of ‘Championship’,who’s a serious horse too!

Dawn Approach

needs to redeem himself today and that race is the race of the day,3 big reputations on the line here and only one winner.I’ll just sit and enjoy! Good luck,its going to be a long week!

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Morning Gordie.

Bit of fat to chew over concerning the Coventry.

Hannon at Royal Ascot, up to a mile, ridden by Hughes and excluding the Windsor Castle ( never won it yet!)
    Ran at Newbury last time out, since 2002:-

6 wins from 8 qualifiers + 29.33 LSP @ 366.6% ROI.

Looks as though his better horses go in Coventry and lesser lights in the Windsor Castle.

Championship certainly fits the bill, but possibly Anticipated can be opposed.

Best of luck.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Morning Gordie.

Bit of fat to chew over concerning the Coventry.

Hannon at Royal Ascot, up to a mile, ridden by Hughes and excluding the Windsor Castle ( never won it yet!)
    Ran at Newbury last time out, since 2002:-

6 wins from 8 qualifiers + 29.33 LSP @ 366.6% ROI.

Looks as though his better horses go in Coventry and lesser lights in the Windsor Castle.

Championship certainly fits the bill, but possibly Anticipated can be opposed.

Best of luck.

Good stats Softie thanks.This

Championship

looks the real deal to me and so does

Sir John Hawkins

so when

Stubbs

puts them to the sword it will only confirm he is something special.I’m expecting a winning performance from

Sacha Park

at 14/1 later on just to confirm things.

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

I am lead to believe that Anticipated has been targeted for the Windsor Castle for some while (Hannon senior owns a quarter share)
    expecting Sacha Park to go for Coventry, so may well put a spanner in the works here by entering WC.

I would certainly expect a good run from Sacha at a decent price too.

Stubbs in particular, does not have the profile of a typical O`Brien Royal Ascot winner, but what`s in the past is history, so who knows.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

What’s the stats on Hannon second and third strings Softie? :wink:

I see on the Hannon website they are not as confident with

Championship

as they were

Canford Cliffs

or

Strong Suit

. But all three are fancied. Hughesie was going to ride

Thunder Strike

until a particularly good piece of work by

Championship

. If the latter is better on the racecourse than the former – then

Championship

has a good chance. However, needs to improve quite a bit on form and is far from top class on breeding.

After Goodwood the Hannons thought they’d found found "their Coventry horse" in Sheikh Hamdan’s

Wahaab

. Jockeys don’t like getting on (now) so called third strings, so not surprised Hanagan has chosen Meehan’s. I think he’s chosen wrong. Wahaab won despite being cabbage-like at Goodwood, should’ve learnt a good deal (a bit like

Olympic Glory

).

Eye catching booking of Dettori on

Thunder Strike

. Impressive at Epsom. That form is probably good enough to place in an average Coventry which is why I’ve made my main bet an each way on him… And there’s every chance of improvement. 9/1 looks excellent value to me.

The place for

Thunder Strike

I’ve used as a possible saver.

Wahaab

is (for me) too big to ignore at something like 20/1 where as

Championship

(although has (imo) almost as good a chance as

Thunder Strike

) is too short.

Stubbs

was undeniably impressive last time out and good form, deserves to be shorter than he is. Another saver @ 7/2.

Sir John Hawkins

isn’t out of it (particularly well bred) but racecourse form isn’t near his stable companion (yet). The other one I do like is Fahy’s

Parbold

. Might be another saver if price gets a touch better.

On my recent form though Softie, that makes the Championship/Sir John Hawkins exacta a certainty. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I think it stands to reason top yards are usually going to aim their top horses at the best race (Group 2) against the listed Windsor Castle. However…

As far as Anticipated is concerned, shows so much speed and full-brother won at 4.5 furlongs! Dam 6f 2yo winner and sire sprinter. This early in the season you need a bit of stamina for Ascot’s 6f and am not surprised Anticipated had Windsor Castle as a long term target and not Coventry. Though the American horse is going to be hard to beat.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Looks thrown in but……..,

I’m a layer not a Player as far as he goes,something will beat him!

Chil the Kite

at 40/1 e/w for me Gary.

Come on my son,I’ll take a place now though! Money talks 16/1 now!! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Great performance from Joseph and

Declaration of War

there turning over-rated Fav over! Well done Team Coolmore!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

GET IN YOU BEAUTY!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Well done Gord. I was shouting Toronado on at the top of my voice, what a race.!!

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

What a race is right! Fantastic finish, think they gave Joseph O’Brien the keys to lock up when he finishes :lol:

Great to see the New Approach steel on our screens again in the shape of his son.

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.