6.10 Kempton – Set Piece

Home Forums Horse Racing 6.10 Kempton – Set Piece

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

I know we’re well and truly into the NH Season now but it didn’t come more exciting than the 6.10 at Kempton tonight where Khuzaam the favourite looked all over the winner until James Doyle unleashed Set Piece from the rear of the field with an impossible looking challenge but gaining with every stride to nail the race on the finishing line.

What a ride from the King of Cool James Doyle ( and what a difference a wind operation and gelding has made to Set Piece SP 16/1 and he obviously loves the All Weather, much much more to come.
    Good run also from Accidental Agent in 3rd. :good: Jac

Hope you were on Darren if you read this, we both liked him earlier in the year and looks like he’s back, just watch this….

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/2019-11-20/kempton/552619/british-stallion-studs-ebf-hyde-stakes-listed

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6123

Just watched it Jac, that was a helluva race. I wonder what was traded on Khuzaam with
    a furlong to go, he looked to have it in the bag but a great ride by Doyle took it on
    the nod. Top stuff :good:

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 88

If we are talking about winning from impossible looking positions, what about Davy Russell’s ride on Larquebuse at Fairyhouse on Tuesday? He was so far behind he was not in the TV picture until a few strides before the post when he managed to dead heat for first place.

CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4785

A hugely enjoyable race at Kempton last night. Set Piece looked 7 or 8 lengths down at the two pole, so to get up as he did, off even to slow fractions (more even than slow) from a good rival who wasn’t stopping, was quite taking.

Two lovely horses for Good Friday.

How good it is to witness borderline Group 2 performances on a Wednesday evening towards the end of November.

All weather racing continues on the up. :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 664

Hi Jac, I wrote you about this race in my trends+notebooks-thread, but however it wasn’t highlighted.
    It was really tough for me to see my bet Khuzaam being nailed by your old fav Set Piece, but I don’t blame James Doyle for that :-) :bye:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Sorry Hein I didn’t see your post as all the postings on here are up the creek and not not being updated at the moment. I got involved as Set Piece is down as one of my horses to follow on Sporting Life and I received an email from them.

I thought Khuzaam was magnificent in defeat he never once stopped running and it was just sheer guts on the part of Set Piece that beat him it was a very exciting race abd the winning line came just in time.

Have all first 3 on my list to follow on the AW now through the winter months and as Cav said great to see top class racing on the AW midweek. .Jac :good:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 21095

I can’t believe how short a price War Glory was, the same as a former Group 1 winner of the Queen Anne at Royal Ascot.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 51

What a brilliant race, thanks for starting the topic Jac.
    Lots of old favourites in the race. Set Piece was eating up the ground with that lovely long stride, very impressive.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Agreed llavim he was certainly matching Khuzaam’s big stride at the finish and would love to know how fast the two of them were going at the finish as it would highlight how Set Piece managed to overhaul what looked like a winning run from Khuzaam.
    Both horses well backed for 10th April AW Championship Mile on 10th April..

Khuzaam 4/1
    Set Piece 7/1
    Accidental Agent 12/1

War Glory 14/1 Nathan

Looks like it’s shaping up into a good contest and look forward to seeing them take each other on once more.. :good: Jac

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 664

Maybe there was even some manipulation in it :unsure: ?
    I don’t wanna construct any conspiracy theories, but that such a brilliant and experienced jockey like Crowley rides more or less carelessly with such a great horse to get pipped in the very last stride won’t happen too often, will it?! At least I’m not too sure about Mr. “King Of Cool”, sorry Jac :bye:
    People who don’t believe in this, please don’t react too harsh, as I’m very sensitive, you can just ask good old pool player Jack :whistle:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 664

By the way, if I got some odds for the race Jac put up, I would surely go quite big on Khuzaam, as I’m quite sure this “miracle” wouldn’t happen again too soon :whistle:
    But my lame German racebets don’t offer any on this, they only try to suck me into German sand racing :negative:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 664

And my last words for tonite/ this morning are:
    Jac and Nathan, I am so lucky and grateful that you are here, as the two of you are my all time favs here :heart: So please stay the way you are :good: :bye:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8792

Thanks for that Hein :good: I don’t know how I’d cope with just German sand races to bet on and it’s great to chat with you on here especially when we get it right between us, but your comments are always appreciated.
    When I first came to this Forum many years back I felt the same way about Nathan, his sense of humour and cheeky answers always made me smile and gave me the confidence to post on here.

Best of luck with Khuzaam if you back him and in those odds I put up I missed out Sheikh Hamdam’s other runner the John Gosden trained…
    Alrajaa currently also 4/1
    which would leave Jim Crowley with a bit of a dilemma as to who to ride although I think it’s a no brainer as feel Khuzaam is by far the better miler. :good: but will he beat Set Piece?..what a long wait to find out, but at least I’ll be getting excited about the Craven Meeting kicking off at Newmarket. :yahoo: Jac

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 21095

I’d be all over Khuzaam at those prices. He was the about the right price the other night.
    War Glory would be a place lay at that price in that company. I’ve backed him at twice that in a much lower grade and seen him stuffed lol
    Thanks for the nice words Hein and Jac. :heart:
    My advice to you Hein would be what would Klopp do.?
    The answer being to laugh it all off and carry on doing what you do best.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 664

Spot on Jac, you expressed that so well :good:

You are probably right Nathan that things were more or less decent there, but to be honest I can’t remember JK so well if I don’t see him in your avatar :whistle: No, just kidding, at least we have some silly commercials with him over here..
    So we agree on Khuzaam, I would also see him standing out here :bye:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.