The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

3:45 Beverley

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

The race looks a very competitive conditions stakes at first glance but the one I’m thinking of betting on is Sierra Vista. The ground is no problem and its sire Atraf seemed to love Gd/Fm and it seems to find 5f its best trip. It made great strides last year and there is no reason why it cannot improve again this year. I highly rate its jockey who is 2/5 on it and it receives weight 5lbs off all her rivals. She has tended to need her comeback run in past seasons and its 1 length 4th to Indian Maiden was a decent effort anyway, but with more improvement expected after its comeback run I’m talking myself into a bet at 11/2. The favourite is respected but i feel the biggest danger may be Out After Dark which seems to enjoy Gd/Fm ground and has no problems with the trip (highest topspeed as well).

Does anyone have any views on this race and/ or can anyone put me off this bet and save my money perhaps?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

No

But when he does he’ll have a few well handicapped horses. Whinhill House dropped another 3 lb since last time and Winston takes over from claimer for first time since returned to turf at Thirsk tomorrow evening.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Cracking sprint FSL,

<br> personally i think Sierra Vista is better when she can get her toe in and will be monitoring the prior races to get an angle on the going,  up against  Creeper, Lafi and Chookie (winner of the Bullet over CD last two years) i’d want a bigger price than the forecast 11-2 tbh, but all the best FSL if you go with her

<br>

(Edited by empty wallet at 11:46 pm on May 12, 2006)

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

just to add:

assessing the race by the forecast going on the RP website, Fonthill Road is too short at 4.1 and and would be my lay of the race

(Edited by empty wallet at 11:53 pm on May 12, 2006)

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

I will give Lafi 1 more chance, He looked above handicap class 2 years ago when winning the wokingham in very impressive fashion. I think Sierra Vista’s dissapointed a bit the last day in the filly and mares sprint and shudda at least been second because this race is alot tougher.

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

I was impressed with Sierra Vista last week and I would expect her to  try to lead throughout. If you fancy her, don’t let anyone put you off. My preference here is for Out After Dark at around 6/1. Should be suited by the strong pace and uphill finish, not to mention the nous of K Darley on this track.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Out After Dark is the one I feel that could spoil the party Artemis, its form is hardly inspiring though is it?

Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

What is the official going at Beverly today?

Always liked Bahamian Pirate but clearly the going is a concern.

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

EC,

A good call, particularly your observations of the going based on the first race time. How many of us(unwisely) make our choices before we have evidence from the course of going and the way the track is riding?

Unfortunately, most of us cannot be in a position every day to check race times or observe where jockeys elect to race, but it really is vital information. It’s not always picked up or correctly interpreted on the various TV channels showing racing.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

That must include me then.

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

And me.

What makes this all so strange is that my last 3 threads laying horses, attracted around 960 views, with 59 replies.

Both EC and I have been commended for putting up short-priced lays, and it is a good way of making a name for yourself on TRF, and earning respect.

EC’s threads laying horses always attract interest, and what about the 2 threads for Cheltenham – Racing Demon and Iris’s Gift will definitely win the GC. The RD thread had about 28 pages or something stupid like that, and the Iris’s Gift thread has had almost 3800 views and is now in the Archives. And both of those started off by either someone wanting to back them or lack them.

It seems a lot of people are just offended by the title of the thread. For instance, if you have the title for instance of Chester Cup, and then give your tips inside, people don’t seem to care, but because Ec, others and me are putting the horses name in the title, it causes a huge dispute.

I seem to remember the 2000 Guineas threads were very popular, with at least 3 getting 7 pages or more of replies. And wasn’t that basically just a long list of people’s tips and lays!?!?

Please can we let common sense take action.

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

I was actually just thinking as well, you might as well say that Newspaper Tipsters clutter up the newspapers, as it is a NEWSpaper, and not a tippingpaper. Just to put things into context.

Btw, FSL, my sig is dedicated to my new GF! Saw that you had said you didn’t understand it in another thread and thought I should clear it up!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.