The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

3.25 salisbury

Home Forums Horse Racing 3.25 salisbury

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Chubs
    • Total Posts 67

fanshawes horse in this race was very tenderly ridden by urbina and no effort was made to finish in the first three <br>should have been banned in my opinion both horse and jockey

racinggirlukracinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

I was at Salisbury this afternoon, I found nothing wrong with Oscars ride of this horse….. the horse like most  Montjeu bred are a little fractious and highly strung and take awhile for them to find there racing feet…..this was the horses 2nd start…she is a big backwards kind, so a few races under her feet will do her the better…

And this is the offical explanation:<br> prominent, ridden and chased leaders over 1f out, kept on final furlong … there is nothing untoward in that

Chubs
    • Total Posts 67

sorry racing girl

but racing is all about opinions and i dont agree with you on this one ive just watch the video again he should have got 3rd

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Quote: from Chubs on 6:52 pm on May 17, 2007[br] racing is all about opinions

Indeed it is, Chubs. So I’ll take this opportunity to voice my difference of opinion with you on this occasion. I’m with Racing Gurll on this one — I genuinely saw nothing ontoward with the ride given to Ommadawn. Ribena if anything was most professional in his riding, I thought.

Racing Girl, do you get the impression that Montjeu’s seem to like a little cut in the ground?

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

If I’d backed it e.w. I’d be very annoyed.  He did nothing final furlong.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

But that’s merely an indication of how poor a jockey Oscar Urbina is, Lovely Lady, nothing more.

Anyone who backs a horse he’s on deserves everything they get :biggrin:

quixallcrossettquixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

In support of Oscar, I though he rode Soviet Song really well, and understood her better than anyone.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Soviet Song was an extremely promising two-year-old, but she never really faced ‘true milers’ until she turned three. Consequently, Urbina’s job was made far easier on his first three outings on her.

When she cape up against the best of her generation, in what was an exceptional 1000 Guineas, Urbina was completely shown up. James Fanshawe had stated she may have needed a little more time, but she was never given a chance in the race.

Murtagh, for me, knew her inside out and it was no surprise Oscar was overlooked after the first time JM sat on her.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Quote: from LetsGetRacing on 12:34 am on May 18, 2007[br]When she cape up against the best of her generation, in what was an exceptional 1000 Guineas, Urbina was completely shown up. James Fanshawe had stated she may have needed a little more time, but she was never given a chance in the race.<br>

I’m no Urbina fan, but let’s no rewrite history. She had every chance in the 1000 Guineas and just wasn’t good enough on the day.

RP report ‘The Fillies’ Mile winner Soviet Song travelled strongly, held up towards the outside, and came through to look a possible winner before her effort flattened out a little up the hill. Her stable has yet to get into top gear, and she may well be capable of a bit better.’

Timeform Perspective, ‘, unbeaten in 3 starts as a juvenile, culminating with a success in the Fillies <br>Mile, showed she’s trained on well but didn’t appear to have any excuses on the day, save possibly just needing the outing; patiently ridden, she improved      <br>smoothly to hold every chance in the final 2f but couldn’t quite sustain her effort after looking as though she’d probably get close to the third at one point; she’s far from sure to stay beyond 1m and has raced on good ground or softer since making an impressive winning debut on good to firm.’                <br>                                                                                <br>

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

She was up against the three best fillies of the past 10 years  – it’s kind of hard to win against horses like that.<br>

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

We’ll have to agree to differ on her Guineas run then :biggrin:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.