The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2YO Summary thread 2016

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks 2YO Summary thread 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 647 through 663 (of 784 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A pretty reliable form line through Nations Alexander would suggest that Fair Eva has probably run about 2 lengths below her previous best. I think it is reasonable to say that she has not improved on that Ascot run.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I think it’s a fair point that Titus says about the size of a horse though. Frankel dominated because he was bigger than the rest and he also had a prodigious amount of talent. Take that size advantage away and he still would have been very good, but that doesn’t always follow with every horse.

After all Fair Eva earned her reputation through winning a Haydock maiden impressively, and then winning the Princess Margaret. But even in that Ascot race she didn’t put it to bed immediately, she had a bit of a ding dong with Kilmah about two furlongs out before getting on top.

Now she’s taking on more impressive individuals and I have to agree with Titus that these back end two year olds are just a better quality of animal than she was beating mid season, rather than the form meaning nothing because it’s the end of the season.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16887

Great to meet Joni at Newmarket today, much taller than I expected (I knew I should have worn higher heels) 😉 We had a good chat outside the Frankel Lounge and went round to see Fair Eva in the pre-parade along with most of the racegoers at Newmarket and to my eye she didn’t look as on her toes as I usually like a filly to look she seemed a bit flat.

Most of the observations about Fair Eva’s race have already been made here with some very good points made so I won’t add to that except to say she was unable to quicken up the hill and the French filly who was pulling like a train went storming past, a great ride by Frankie Dettori.

The grim faces of Charlton and Teddy Grimthorpe told the tale as Frankie Dettori performed his flying dismount and the French Filly posed prettily for pictures they crept quietly away past the throng of pressmen interviewing the virtually unknown french trainer.
    Obviously Prince Khalid will decide where Fair Eva goes next, but from what Joni says above regarding the form line with Nations Alexander it looks like she has gone over the top. She’s a lovely filly and done nothing but try her best and I hope she comes back from this…Jac :rose:

Hope to see you again at Newmarket Joni, when you can make it..what a great day we had and wish you could be there to see QUEEN KINDLY tomorrow…Can she beat Lady Aurelia? YES she can.. if Lady Aurelia fails to get up the Rowley Mile hill Queen Kindly will sail past her and WIN.. B-)

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

If only that were true. You can’t sustain your argument when logical and clear facts are put to you. What Roger Charlton knows compared to me has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It is jockey’s opinion that I am comparing with Charlton’s opinion and you know that full well but cannot answer it properly, and try instead to crap on my opinion by rubbishing my knowledge compared to the trainer.

Steve,
    It was you who first raised the point of placing horses, “Young horses need placing correctly and Fair Eva wasn’t”.

Why is it wrong of me to point out that there is a possible valid reason for connections not placing the horse in Ireland? Same reason why Sir Henry did not run Fair Eva’s sire Frankel in Ireland, France or USA – being a poor traveller? That’s not “crapping on your opinion”, it’s just putting my opinion out there that disagrees with yours. Fair enough if you think it unlikely, but it is possible and if correct none of us would know. There are things only connections know, that’s not “rubbishing your knowledge compared to the trainer”, just how it is and would hope you’d accept it.

Apparently Fair Eva was reportedly burning up the gallops prior to today’s race, so seems she was fully fit and ready. So personally, am thinking temperament is increasingly likely to be playing a part and that would also fit in with being a poor traveller. But it is only a possibility, just like your theories and everyone elses.

I have not replied to the rest of your post, because you’re clearly paranoid and am genuinely worried about the state of your mind.

Value Is Everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

I think it’s a fair point that Titus says about the size of a horse though. Frankel dominated because he was bigger than the rest and he also had a prodigious amount of talent. Take that size advantage away and he still would have been very good, but that doesn’t always follow with every horse.

After all Fair Eva earned her reputation through winning a Haydock maiden impressively, and then winning the Princess Margaret. But even in that Ascot race she didn’t put it to bed immediately, she had a bit of a ding dong with Kilmah about two furlongs out before getting on top.

Now she’s taking on more impressive individuals and I have to agree with Titus that these back end two year olds are just a better quality of animal than she was beating mid season, rather than the form meaning nothing because it’s the end of the season.

The French filly might be the best candidate for the Guineas but form wise I wouldn’t have today’s race within 7-10lbs of the Lowther and that’s irrespective of what happens tomorrow.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Value Is Everything
    mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1735

There certainly have been a few ridiculous increases in ratings primarily to do with the bha handicappers trying to tie form in too literary. Fair eva has never justified her rating and it’s no surprise to see her get beaten twice. Hit it a bomb is I’d say at least 3lbs too high although it is coming back after a few niggly injuries. Don’t be surprised if he runs a belter at the breeders cup on the ground he likes.if you took the morny form literally then peace envoy would be challenging the top two for favouritism. Horses sometimes have off days so we need to look at overall form to come to the correct figure.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Another Charlton/connection mess of a campaign imo
    The “Frankels” are very genuine and run through brick walls any other breed would have told Charlton to jump off a cliff and if I were a racehorse trained by him I would of done a Sariska and stayed and looked pretty in the stalls.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

The French filly might be the best candidate for the Guineas but form wise I wouldn’t have today’s race within 7-10lbs of the Lowther and that’s irrespective of what happens tomorrow.

But fair eva ran in the Lowther did she not?

I don’t have the stats to hand but my gut tells me that french horses are underestimated in general. There’s still an entrenched xenophobia amongst punters plus the difficulties of translating the form. You might be right about her not being good enough but that’s the lesson to take from this race for me.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

But fair eva ran in the Lowther did she not?

I don’t have the stats to hand but my gut tells me that french horses are underestimated in general. There’s still an entrenched xenophobia amongst punters plus the difficulties of translating the form. You might be right about her not being good enough but that’s the lesson to take from this race for me.

I haven’t said she isn’t good enough going forward. In fact I have inclined towards the opposite view. My point was that yesterday’s winning performance wasn’t comparable with that of the front three in the Lowther.

Queen Kindly is favourite for the 1,000 Guineas almost by default. One by one they keep dropping away and even the likes of Dabyah have plenty to prove. Thus far the market has been akin to a punting minefield.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Changed your mind again. I am paranoid?

You’ve waved this thread goodbye twice and been back with moments.

Check your own mind out first.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Changed your mind again. I am paranoid?

You’ve waved this thread goodbye twice and been back with moments.

Check your own mind out first.

Tiresome.

If you two were my 6 year old twins you would both be sent to your rooms.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9224

Sometimes Steve is right, more often than not Steve is wrong. Sometimes Ginge is right, more than often not Ginge is wrong.

It’s the nature of this sport that we’ve all be wrong more than we are right so if we can stop the peeing up the wall contest between you pair it’d be good.

MTOTO88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 343

There was a lad in our school who could hit the ceiling with his pee every time …. virtually on demand. Legend 😉

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Talaayeb, quite a taking winner of today’s opener. Travelled very sweetly and appeared to have plenty in the tank. She is from the Nashwan family and should stay at least ten furlongs.

Participant
    • Total Posts 325

The way she travelled looked very, very nice

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Yes she could be named the winner a long way out. Very promising.

Viewing 17 posts - 647 through 663 (of 784 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.