The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Scottish National 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Scottish National 2015

Viewing 9 posts - 35 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13243

Sorry Big G I thought you were Steve [too busy celebrating my win to concentrate properly….]…

It’s a very kind offer Moe, I’ll let you know after the golf finishes on Sunday night if I have to take you up on it :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

My main bet was Broadway Buffalo and gutted to see him run out of 5th at the death. What a great win for a small yard though. I suppose it makes sense that the skybet should be a good trial for this.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Was anything amiss with Sam Winner today? I read in the race report that he was under pressure by the fourth fence and that seems mighty early to be under the cosh. I thought he’d improved a lot since a poor effort in the race last year but he’s run another stinker and I think I’ll be giving him a very wide berth with such poor showings since his promising third in The Lexus.

Lidl checkout operator Sam said:-

“Paul Nicholls?, he couldn’t train ivy up a wall. Bottle of Bourbon and diet lemonade Mr Caution?”

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7508

I’m not sure what happened to Lie Forrit, but he didn’t ever look to be going that well, perhaps it was just a bit to firm for him, or perhaps just not his day.

I don’t think Lie Forrit is at all comfortable jumping fences in the middle of a big field. He could never get near the front.

He won in a field of 12 at Haydock but was able to race prominently on that occasion, and the fields of 29 that he’s raced in twice in this event are a different matter.

Rob

Participant
    • Total Posts 50

Horrible woman the Parrott woman, I know her from years back. But fair play to the horse and jock,Wayward Prince was a worthy winner, he jumped economically and well,loved the top of the ground and stayed on well.The young jock gave him a peach of a ride,keeping him out of trouble,always up with the pace and he looked the winner from about four out.So well done to them.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Horrible woman the Parrott woman, I know her from years back. But fair play to the horse and jock,Wayward Prince was a worthy winner, he jumped economically and well,loved the top of the ground and stayed on well.The young jock gave him a peach of a ride,keeping him out of trouble,always up with the pace and he looked the winner from about four out.So well done to them.

I don’t know the Parrott woman, so will just have to wonder why she’s horrible.

I phoned her this afternoon and put your point to her, she replied:-

“So that’s what edfiggyrock2 is saying is it? Well, Toucan play at that game”

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 787

I dont know if anything was up with Sam Winner but I should think he needs a few things to fall into place to give his true running. Ive often forgiven him as he needed knee surgery following injury after a fall which was thought to be career threatening. I did not think this would suit him although my own picks fared little better.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13243

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>moehat wrote:</div>
    Sorry Big G I thought you were Steve [too busy celebrating my win to concentrate properly….]…

It’s a very kind offer Moe, I’ll let you know after the golf finishes on Sunday night if I have to take you up on it :unsure:

You can rest easy Moe, Matt Kuchar finished 5th (on his own) e/w at 25/1, so your 31 p is safe :-)

• Total Posts 15020

Well done moe, a wins a win, and I’m glad you stuck by him. Can’t believe he’s won twice this season at big odds, without a bean of mine on him.

Viewing 9 posts - 35 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.