The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

King George 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion King George 2015

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Ginger, your posts are becoming unusually succinct

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Ginger, your posts are becoming unusually succinct

😆

Got the wrong thread Joe.
    I was on my DLAP thread, then came here, thought I was still on my thread and put bet up for Exeter. Saw my mistake, tried to delete quickly so nobody would see my stupid mistake and ended up quoting instead. So had to delete two posts. Doh!

At least it won. :yahoo:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

It wasn’t a complaint 😉

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Money for Sil Conti. Backed into 8s. 12s widely available last week.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Can’t see how blinkers boost him enough to beat Cue Card if CC is in same form. Rocket launchers, maybe, blinkers…no

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Seeing the regular updates from where my ante post money is, it’s like pulling teeth!

Seems team Bradstock don’t even know what is going to happen with their stable star…

In the last 7-10 days I’ve read three different stories, each indicating a different option…for a horse with so little actual targets at the beginning of the season, they appear to be making it a real roller coaster for followers of the horse…

I’m beginning to wonder if all is not well with the horse…

Will add so much to the spectacle if they supplement him and all the others stand their ground…

I could only see Silviniaco Conti have a chance if Coneygree isn’t there…

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Can’t see how blinkers boost him enough to beat Cue Card if CC is in same form. Rocket launchers, maybe, blinkers…no

Tend to agree with you SC but I love a bit of value. My main bet is on CC at 5’s. Went to back Sil Conti at 14’s as a saver after the Betfair but Boils wouldn’t take my bet. First time that has ever happened to me. :negative:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow and a ‘crucial’ schooling session for Coneygree…

From reports from this evening it now seems that this is their preferred target…all hinging on how well he schools tomorrow….I’ve been doing the rain dance and I’m sure there will be enough rain in the next couple of weeks to get enough sft in the going description for them to be happy…

Interesting tonight that I’ve seen for the first time Paul Nicholls speak of the problem Silviniaco Conti had when being beaten by Cue Card….I never quite fully trusted the form of that race and felt people were reading that SC had given his true running….I always doubted it and still think he will struggle in a race he’s failed 3 times in before….especially if Coneygree is in there jumping well at a decent gallop…

Could be looking so much a better race this time next week!

• Total Posts 14971

Best of luck for tomorrow Zam, I hope he makes it, would be great for the race if he were to line up here.

I’ve been desperately looking for a replacement outsider for The Young Master, and replaced him with a few quid on Ma Filleule @ 300’s to 450’s, and Irish Cavalier @ 100’s to 300’s.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

I could quite honestly cry at this moment in time…feel like my insides have been ripped out…Coneygree out.. 🙁

Participant
    • Total Posts 13201

I could quite honestly cry at this moment in time…feel like my insides have been ripped out…Coneygree out.. :-(

Sickening news Zam, not a lot more I can say 🙁

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9289

I’ve had a bad feeling about Coneygree for a while so not feeling massively shocked about the news, other than realising that some wonderful fairytale has ended. Just shows how difficult it is to bring horses back year after year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Commiserations, Zam, and to all connections. Heart rending for anyone, but a yard as small as the Bradstocks…awful news.

Puts a dent too in what I was hoping would be the best Gold Cup in history, but goes to show just what a feat Dickinson’s Famous Five was: I recall some pros marvelling at the time that he even managed to get 5 horses to the race, sound and fit.

Here’s hoping Coneygree is not done with completely. Never backed him, but a joy to watch.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3109

Sadly, this fragility was there to see given that to date he has only graced the track 11 times in 4 seasons – it makes the family’s decision to go the GC route in his novice year more understandable than waiting a year and hoping they can keep him sound long enough. Fingers crossed that scans at Newmarket don’t find anything that will stop him making a title defence but you would have to worry a bit more given his leg history.

No doubt that the King George result will have a major influence on the Gold Cup betting and while it may give us an idea as to whether Vatour is a legitimate GC contender, I still have that niggly feeling that 3m is as far as he will want to go (similar to other non GC stayers like One Man & Florida Pearl).

I am not convinced that Don Cossack is the real deal either based on his two overrated wins at Aintree & Punchestown, which you can pick any number of holes in. His form this season is purely style over any kind of substance and I am not sure that his jumping will hold up around Kempton anyway.

Not sure what to make of the explanation connections came up with for Conti’s Haydock run behind Cue Card, but if there is any play in it then he would be worth another chance at a reasonable price but if you are looking for an outsider then Al Ferof (placed twice in the race) at double figures could be the one – he has been moved to the Skelton yard and off the back of a nice pipe opener at Huntingdon the other day he could pick up the pieces if the top four (who all like to lead or be handy) take each other on and get racing too far out.

Have to say that I haven’t looked forward to a King George like this in years!

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Can’t wait for this race on Boxing Day. One of my fav races of the year. If it came up soft I think Coneygree would have led them a merry dance. Sticking with CC as my main bet for now

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

Can’t believe that Smad Place isn’t going for this now that Coneygree is, unfortunately, out.

Smad has already won at Kempton this season; he jumped to his right in the Hennessy; his Newbury form puts him bang up there with the best staying chasers around.

As long as he has recovered from his Hennessy exertions, and Alan King has already said that he took the race very well, Smad would definitely be lining up at Kempton if he were mine.

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

5 day decs today.

TTT!

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.