The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2015

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Double Seven out for the season. Damn.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Gary Nutting makes a fair case for Trustan Times, a horse who’s always been likely, imo, to pick up a big handicap. Wouldn’t have backed him over the old fences, but you can safely hurdle Aintree these days.
    50/1

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Gary Nutting makes a fair case for Trustan Times, a horse who’s always been likely, imo, to pick up a big handicap. Wouldn’t have backed him over the old fences, but you can safely hurdle Aintree these days.
    50/1

Trustan Times ran well in the Scottish National last year, finishing third from 6 lbs out of the Handicap. He’s done nothing since but it was the same story this time last year and he found his form at Cheltenham in March with a good 4th in a big field hurdle race before his good effort in the Scottish National.

He finished 14 lengths in front of Merry King at Ayr and you can maybe see the logic of value at 50/1 when the latter horse is half those odds.

He won’t be a bet for me though, because it is over two years since he won a race, and that was a hurdle race where he defeated Holywell, an achievement that looks a bit of a distant memory now.

Trustan Times has actually only ever won one chase race and that was a two grand race at Sedgefield, where he started 8/11 favourite and beat a horse rated 107 into second. That was more than three years ago and I feel his chance in the Grand National is solely based on that one effort in the Scottish National. His profile just isn’t one that appeals to me, even at 50/1.

Then again, I didn’t fancy Auroras Encore, who had a similar profile, and had to watch it win at 66/1 :shock:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Steve, he gave Holywell 12lbs, and 7lbs to Sunnyhill Boy who finished down the field in that Grade 3. I thought around then that he might well go on to be a classy performer, but he was found out next time when 3rd beaten 20L in the Long Walk.

I didn’t fancy him fencing, but I’m confident that future years will see plenty National winners who would not have survived a circuit in the past. At the last meeting, I saw one horse ‘jump’ The Chair at hurdle height.

50s is too big I think

Participant
    • Total Posts 1533

Theatrical Star is entered in National, according to Racing Post.

I know it’s not official, yet. But what did people make of his run behind Hawkes Point today :?:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

It’s the owners that are keen on him running [according to my book anyway]. Usually the other way round with the trainer having to persuade the owners.

Old Applejack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 209

Long Run out for the season.

(Forgot about him tbh)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Long Run out for the season.

(Forgot about him tbh)

Sadly, I think his days as a racehorse are pretty much over. He’s been a good servant, let him put his feet up now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1709

Medermit retired :(

I have a horrible feeling i’m in the process of having another 2011 on my hands, in which all my ante post selections were either withdrawn, retired, injured or even in one case… died (R.I.P One Cool Cookie)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Back In Focus entered for the World Hurdle. At least it shows he’s alive, on four legs and with an outside chance of getting to Aintree.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1709

The entries must be out any day now?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve only got 2 horses Ante-Post for this years Grand National,

Shutthefrontdoor

at 25’s and

First Lieutenant

at 100’s.Early days but whatever gets a National/Gold cup entry will be watched closely.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I’m getting keener and keener on Theatrical Star….

Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

Entries are out but i can’t see a list anywhere online ?

• Total Posts 15019

Mark, Aintree Racecourse have tweeted the full list.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

Mark, Aintree Racecourse have tweeted the full list.

Thanks !

Interesting that Guess Again has left Pipe for Tony Martin. Could be an Irish National plot ( stays, likes going right handed )

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The entries can be viewed in alphabetical order here:-

http://www.grand-national2015.co.uk/gra … announced/

Bad news for Trustan Times followers, as he hasn’t been entered.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 321 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.