The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish National 2014

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Irish National 2014

Viewing 4 posts - 18 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Exciting race to watch with a great finish and hats off to Barry Geraghty who just happens to be my favourite jockey. That being the case I wish I had put my money on him, instead I handed the black spot to Paul Carberry and Mullaghanoe River, who was running a cracking race and looking full of running, a couple of lengths off the lead, when he crumpled on landing a few fences from the finish.

Nina Carberry took the ride.

Geraghty lifted the winner home. That’s the third big prize he has won taking over from AP. The most annoying aspect for the punter was the change of tactics, knowledge of which would only be available to the insider. You have to wonder how many other JP runners would benefit from different tactics.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2904

Many thanks. Just 2 regrets. I missed the race through bad timings and also didnt forecast the 1-2 :roll: Mind you when do you expect to get the forecast up in a 30 runner handicap :?:

• Total Posts 15020

Well done homer, was cursing STFD after he pipped Golden Wonder, but I’ve come to terms with it now :D

Denman2008, know how you feel, so near yet so far.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13243

Exciting race to watch with a great finish and hats off to Barry Geraghty who just happens to be my favourite jockey. That being the case I wish I had put my money on him, instead I handed the black spot to Paul Carberry and Mullaghanoe River, who was running a cracking race and looking full of running, a couple of lengths off the lead, when he crumpled on landing a few fences from the finish.

Nina Carberry took the ride.

Geraghty lifted the winner home. That’s the third big prize he has won taking over from AP. The most annoying aspect for the punter was the change of tactics, knowledge of which would only be available to the insider. You have to wonder how many other JP runners would benefit from different tactics.

I wasn’t aware of the jockey change Stilvi. Paul Carberry was down to ride him when I laid the bet and I didn’t see any preamble to the race, or previous races at Fairyhouse that day as I was out. I see now that Paul had a fall in one of the previous races and I assume that was why he was replaced. The race was just off when I managed to log in and watch it, so I didn’t realise Nina was on him.

She was riding a good race on him and I thought he was traveling really well when challenging and going down, with just a few fences to go. I’m not going to say it would have made any difference if Paul had been riding, she is a good jockey.

That was the first time Mullaganoe River was taking on that trip, I thought he looked like he was handling it really well, and at 6 years of age I think he might be targeted at this again next year. He would be very interesting if Noel Meade manages to keep his weight down for another crack at this or one of the big marathon races. One for the notebook.

Viewing 4 posts - 18 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.