The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2012 Arkle

Home Forums Archive Topics 2012 Arkle

Viewing 17 posts - 545 through 561 (of 624 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1508

If anyone wants to bet each way on the Arkle, they’d better hurry up before final decs. Otherwise it’ll probably be only first two. Asraracad, Cristal Bonus won’t run, possibly not Kid Cassidy too. XXXX knows whether the couple of rank outsiders turn up.

Then again, when it’s NRNB, does it reduce to first two if there’s less than eight anyway even if betting now?

Sure does! the early bird catches the worm eh Ginge,you see why I endorse e/w Ante-Post betting now,12/1 12/1 12/1,12/1 12/1 12/1…singalong as in the song ‘Here we go’ here we go,here we go! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

I’d certainly rather take on Sprinter Sacre at the price.
    We know Cue Card will go out at a fast pace. They’ve tried holding up Sprinter Sacre before and failed, he’s pulled his way to the front. If doing that on Tuesday he’ll probably be either going too fast or pulling too hard. Not settling on a flat course is one thing, not settling at Cheltenham another. can see him travelling well and finding little up the hill. Cue card himself doesn’t find much under presure (best chance of winning being clear over the last) I can see Al Ferof picking up the pieces.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Al Ferof out to 7/2 now on betfair. Any reason?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Don’t think so. Was tipped up by Isiris last week, hence the colossal strength. Went from 4.9 to 3.6 in a day with £60k matched. Probably people arbing. Also looking at the weather forecast, quick ground likely for Day 1 which’ll suit Sprinter more?

• Total Posts 26

Having just looked through the card, it is quite possible that there will only be 6 runners in this!!!! With Kid Cassidy, Nearest The Pin, Cristal Bonus and Astracad all having other more realistic options.

Does anybody know what the deal is with ante-post e/w bets? Do you still get paid 3 places? And when does that change???

Thanks in advance to whoever answers

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

The EW terms depend on whenever you place the bet. Certainly if you bet now you’ll bet 1-2-3 1/4.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Not will all bookmakers Zarkava. I was on the verge of placing an each way bet on Realt Dubh without Sizing Europe (Paddy Power), but thought I’d check up on that. If there is less than 8 runners the 3rd place is gone. Needless to say I kept my money in my pocket, for the time being at least.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Well it’s ante-post rules. Not difficult to find out. Just look at the top or bottom and it’ll say.

• Total Posts 26

Well it’s ante-post rules. Not difficult to find out. Just look at the top or bottom and it’ll say.

If you back NRNB do the same rules apply? Or are the rules different after certain declaration stages?

Thanks to both of you for the responses

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I had to go into the Live Help on the Paddy Power website to find out, and that’s what they told me anyway. Kingfisher had a similar experience with Ladbrokes.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I’m sorry to be terribly rude, but if you can’t find this information out for yourself, or you don’t know the information, then I question why you’re even gambling.

Participant
    • Total Posts 274

I believe NRNB markets come under different rules to traditional AP markets, where the bookie has a right to apply rule 4’s. As such, it wouldn’t surprise me if they also retain a right to reduce place terms. If in doubt bet with hills which is I believe still traditional AP.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Deleted: Wrong thread.

• Total Posts 1508

I’m sorry to be terribly rude, but if you can’t find this information out for yourself, or you don’t know the information, then I question why you’re even gambling.

Terribly rude you are!I asked the question to 4 Ladbrokes reps and 3 of them gave me misleading answers which turned out to actually be wrong! Implying its the punters fault for not knowing pales into insignificance compared to the so called Professionals not knowing either! Bit tense are we Sacred? :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Having just looked through the card, it is quite possible that there will only be 6 runners in this!!!! With Kid Cassidy, Nearest The Pin, Cristal Bonus and Astracad all having other more realistic options.

I think Kid Cassidy is worth a place in this field tbh. As he’s a bit of a nutter, this might suit better than the Grand Annual at this stage.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Can i just say it was nice to see Bog Warrior get smashed today. Whoever said it would give Sprinter Sacre a race needs their heads looking at

aston
    • Total Posts 168

Michael O’Leary should immediately take BW out of Matins yard. He can’t keep a horse straight. The horse has great potential, but he will ruin him.

Viewing 17 posts - 545 through 561 (of 624 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.