The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2012 Arkle

Home Forums Archive Topics 2012 Arkle

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 624 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 509

PFN must be very confident about Al Ferof as he intends keeping Sanctuaire for Aintree unless AF goes wrong beforehand.

Sanctuaire was rated a pound better than SS over hurdles and his chasing debut was at least as impressive as SS’s, imo.

Jared Sullivan, Sanctuaire’s owner, would, I’m sure, love to win an Arkle and it looks like Nicholls had little trouble persuading him to give the race a miss.

I still think Cue Card is the value in the race but will be having a saver on AF.

If Sanctuaire were mine he’d be going for the Arkle. It is

the

race for 2 mile novice chasers and that horse has put in one of the performances of the season.

Sanctuaire is a dog capable of running a blinder now and again. Looks like the novelty of chasing will have worn off by his next outing. IMO of course :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

What,why would he say that about Sprinters Sacre.He said that about Al Ferof!

I know he did – that’s the point. Al Ferof going for the QM because next season it goes up in trip.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

PFN must be very confident about Al Ferof as he intends keeping Sanctuaire for Aintree unless AF goes wrong beforehand.

Sanctuaire was rated a pound better than SS over hurdles and his chasing debut was at least as impressive as SS’s, imo.

Jared Sullivan, Sanctuaire’s owner, would, I’m sure, love to win an Arkle and it looks like Nicholls had little trouble persuading him to give the race a miss.

I still think Cue Card is the value in the race but will be having a saver on AF.

If Sanctuaire were mine he’d be going for the Arkle. It is

the

race for 2 mile novice chasers and that horse has put in one of the performances of the season.

145 rated performance over 2m 3f is far from one of the performances of the season.

It is by a novice in this country. And not just the RPR but the manner in which he jumped. 8 years ago, Well Chief ran in a novice race at Taunton and wasn’t that good.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Can’t argue with that. Was a 5yo I suppose with an 8lb allowance.

• Total Posts 343

If you like SS for this surely 5-4 is an absolute steel for the saturday event.

Much less to beat than in the arkle.

• Total Posts 1533

Did WH actually lay you 5/4? I tried to get 5/4 through a 3rd party who normally lays WH prices but was asked if I was joking.

10/11 was the best he was prepared to offer. I took it as I think the betting in a win only market would be more like:

Sprinter Sacre 4/7

Cue Card 9/4

Hold Fast 9/1

20/1 bar

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Did WH actually lay you 5/4? I tried to get 5/4 through a 3rd party who normally lays WH prices but was asked if I was joking.

10/11 was the best he was prepared to offer. I took it as I think the betting in a win only market would be more like:

Sprinter Sacre 4/7

Cue Card 9/4

Hold Fast 9/1

20/1 bar

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-ra … se/985450/

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Sprinter Sacre 4/7

Cue Card 9/4

Hold Fast 9/1

20/1 bar

Shockingly, I agree. Couldn’t believe SS was 5/4. Had expected 1/2.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Does look a steal.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

It’s on Hills’ website, FWIW.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

• Total Posts 343

I was very interested in what was available.

Slammabammed into the 5-4. Wanted a rolling on double for the arkle but couldn’t.

Might go again.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I too would jump on at 5/4, but I’d be delighted if he got beaten so don’t want a conflict of interests.

• Total Posts 1533

WILLIAM HILL

SPRINTER SACRE 5/4

small print: no cash bets accepted fruit only

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

If you like SS for this surely 5-4 is an absolute steel for the saturday event.

Much less to beat than in the arkle.

Bet of a lifetime. Another glowing word from Nicky on Racing News.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Ah that’s good, because Nicky’s never one to say something whilst secretly thinking something else.

• Total Posts 343

As much as i agree Nicky henderson Is a fruitcake, i do love him as a trainer. Sorry if this insults a few and i am ready for an attack. he is rock solid.

I am on Al Ferof for this race and still think it is between the top 3. i am terrified of Peddlers returning to form and love the horse bu two ultra dissapointments have left me avoiding the horse.

I am gutted i never dabbled into the sprinter last season, this has always been his target and 10s is a great price. I also believe he might win handsomely. Purely because i think he could be a future champion chase horse and when they run in the arkle they tend to beat the stayers. Fascinating show down my chief concern is al ferof out paced. He was definitely given a scholling in the vc bet though and was taken round the outside to learn. He’ll place of that i am certain.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Ah that’s good, because Nicky’s never one to say something whilst secretly thinking something else.

:lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 624 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.