The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 guineas 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 guineas 2015

Viewing 6 posts - 239 through 244 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Ol’ Man River’s style so far has been to sit in behind and take it up on the run in, so I see no problem with doing that again in the Guineas.

I agree with that but what I can’t fathom was he never even got to mid division he was held up at the back, if he had been midfield he may have stood a small chance f a run as per his previous 2 races but to be at the rear of the field there was almost no chance to get through the field. Its not like he even made a move to get to mid division unless I am wrong he was never in the race. It was likely an education prep for the horse.

Aiden said Joseph thought the horse travelled OK up until half way but he then felt the horse just wasn’t travelling and decided to go easy on him. Describing it as “just one of those things” he hopes the horse can bounce back and he cited three examples of horses he has trained who managed to do that.

Of course he wasn’t going to bring up the ones that never came back from such bad runs and he’s said they will have a think about it over the next few days and see where they are with him.

They obviously can’t write such an expensive horse off just yet and maybe he will be better in time. I prefer to stay away from that type of horse though, as I have seen many of these horses who punters like to give “one more chance” to and end up in a soup kitchen somewhere.

Aiden added that he may have pitched the horse in a bit high, too soon, after two wins in races that might not have been that competitive last year and he also mentioned stage fright as a possible explanation for the poor run.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1757

Having the market decided by bookies hunches seem to be the norm these days. Gleneagles on form should have been no higher than 3-1 the weeks before the race and around 2-1 on the day. It was the form choice after territories franked the lagadhere form. That was a top notch first run of the season and I’m sure there’s loads more to come. As a mile/10f seems to be more attractive stud wise he will probably stay at a max of 10f.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Having the market decided by bookies hunches seem to be the norm these days. Gleneagles on form should have been no higher than 3-1 the weeks before the race and around 2-1 on the day. It was the form choice after territories franked the lagadhere form. That was a top notch first run of the season and I’m sure there’s loads more to come. As a mile/10f seems to be more attractive stud wise he will probably stay at a max of 10f.

Very true, it’s not really horse racing but future stallion racing we are watching in these pattern races.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16970

Thought I’d post up my favourite picture of Gleneagles being led round the cooling off paddock after winning the race last Saturday.
    Pleased to report that Ol’ Man River was also being walked around and looked none the worse for being eased up in the race, although some of the punters did. :unsure:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1757

Gleneagles is a mighty handsome horse. His running style reminds me so much of giants causeway except he has searing pace. Hope he ends up at York in the international and then the Irish champion.i see time form rated him one of the best guineas winners of recent years.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16970

Gleneagles is a mighty handsome horse. His running style reminds me so much of giants causeway except he has searing pace. Hope he ends up at York in the international and then the Irish champion.i see time form tated him the best guineas of recent years.

Agreed mickey he certainly looked the part a very handsome boy and he had that floating action where his hooves hardly seem to be touching the turf. He is definitely worthy of his Timeform rating. Can’t wait to see him again possibly the Irish Guineas next. :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 6 posts - 239 through 244 (of 244 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.