The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 531 total)
  • Author
    Funkmaster Flex
    Participant
    • Total Posts 111

I know it’s still some way away, but I thought I’d kick off a 2000 Guineas thread and see what the early thoughts are!?

I am a massive Canford Cliffs fan, therefore selfishly I hope that SNA heads straight to Epsom. Though I notice that Ladbrokes hav SNA at a skinny 2/1 which makes me think it’s increasingly likely that SNA will start with a tilt at the Guineas. I was hoping that they may feel that Steinbeck had a genuine chance at the Guineas and that 2 classic winners for AOB would be better than 1. I do think that whilst CC has questions to answer after his defeat, that this is well reflected in his price. Living not to far from the Hannon stable (I live in Salisbury) all the vibes are that he wintered really well (public knowledge) and that the camp are increasingly confident of their chances. I also think that Xtension @ 33/1 is worth an e/w bet. Think that he will appreciate the step up in trip and looks a lively outsider.

So I have backed Canford Cliffs to win @ 10/1 and a small e/w bet on Xtension @ 33/1

St Nicholas Abbey 3
    Canford Cliffs 10
    Steinbeck 11
    Arcano 10
    Awzaan 12
    Elusive Pimpernel 16
    Fencing Master 20
    Kingsfort 16
    Workforce 20
    Midas Touch 25
    Cape Blanco 20
    Inler 33
    Prizefighting 33
    Siyouni 25
    Treble Jig 33
    Viscount Nelson 33
    Xtension 33
    Al Zir 33
    Beethoven 33
    Emerald Commander 40

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

I think next year AOB have a great year with Steinbeck in the 2000 guineas and Irish 2000 as well. we all know ST Nicholas Abbey will win the derby and many more Group 1 races.RPW Fame And Glory and AOA will all be running the latter horse if back to his best will have a top year be intresting which races he go for next year.And who knows what star 2yos he have as well.Is there a trainer next year who can stop him winning all the big races in 2010

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

and how many were shouting about STS being a multiple grp one winner and the greatest horse of decade, this time last year?

A long long way to go

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

Last year there was not a truly outstanding 2yo colt like ST Nicholas Abbey. While Crowded House had a very good win the Racing Post trophy it was kind of unexepeceted.I can’t see any 3yo beating ST Nich over middle distances next year.

And i think his other horses next year will be tough to beat as well. Apart from the 2 French horses Goldikova and Darykana not sure any other horses can beat his next year.

towerto
    • Total Posts 92

any good filly from aob yard for next year ?

they seem to have top class colts but poor fillies at the moment

Participant
    • Total Posts 7474

Any Other Business?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Shalanaya would be a possible – she destroyed the fillies in the Opera and wouldn’t right off Ashalanda just yet either.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

TBH i was only thinking about the colts he has as i do not think he has a great filly for 2010.

However those 3yo and older horses are going to be hard to stop next year.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Daryakana will be tough to beat if he sends AOA or any of his other colts to France – his fillies are generally the poor relations but i’m sure he’ll have a few group horses in amongst them as always.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

Though that French horse is really good i bet on her at Arc weekend.ST Nicholas Abbey will beat her on Arc day next year.

towerto
    • Total Posts 92

Shalanaya would be a possible – she destroyed the fillies in the Opera and wouldn’t right off Ashalanda just yet either.

these 2 fillies are retired

Lyphard
    • Total Posts 29

Shalanaya is resting at her owners stud farm, and is due return to training next month.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

Which race should ST Nicholas Abbey start this year Guineas or trail.I hope it is the latter as a backer at
    25/1 for the Derby i have no intrest in seeing him in the guineas.

• Total Posts 1511

2000 Guineas…..the fact that Ladbrokes have put him in either mean:

"They have loads of info that he won’t run and want to take all the punters cash who keeps banging down the door for them to put up prices" But why not a stand out price if they are confident he won’t run?

OR

"Mike Dillion?…PR guy for ladbrokes has heard through the Grape vine that Magnier and Co have had there annual meeting out in the Bahamas and that they have decided to go down the 2000 Guineas route with this horse"

I think the latter is more likely

Participant
    • Total Posts 1656

I suspect they are leanign towards the Guineas, if only to make him a more valuable stallion prospect.

• Total Posts 1511

Montjeu ever had a 1 Mile Classic Winner or even 1 Mile Group 1 winner as 3yr old+?

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7848

I do not think Montjeu have had a 2000 guineas winner.

Bad news for those who backed him in the derby i wanted him to stay unbeaten untill Epsom.Got a feeling he get beat in the Guineas.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 531 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.