The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2.50 Ayr Friday

Home Forums Horse Racing 2.50 Ayr Friday

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5109

RP and Sporting Life report this as the familiar 2m4f but Timeform have it as 2m2f which if memory serves is a new trip over fences at Ayr, so it’s likely Timeform have made a rare error.

Could someone with, say, Raceform Interactive let me know what they make of it.

Sue Smith’s Sparkling Taff may well be a different proposition at 20f so it would be handy to know for sure.<br>

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Its 2m4f in RI

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5109

Thanks Wallace

Betfair have it at 2m4f too so I’ll go with that. Strange, a call to Halifax tomorrow is in order as I don’t recall them making such an error before.

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

It is a strage error to make these days especially as 2m2f is not a distance that is run at Ayr.  I don’t think Timeform use specific course/track combinations when producing their ratings output.  On my own database this would have been thrown up as an error when course/track/distance combo does not exist.

lekha85lekha85
    Participant
    • Total Posts 330

The 2.50 at Ayr tomorrow is a 2m and about 4f  Novices’ Handicap Chase (0-115). This is according to the Racing Admin/BHB Trainers website so is definitely correct.<br>Happy betting!

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5109

Been onto Timeform and it’s "a typing error" !? on their part. Thanked for bringing it to their attention and apologies given.

I see the ‘Betfair racing powered by Timeform’ card has been corrected overnight to 2m 4f.

Not even Bull’s boys are perfect :biggrin:

(Edited by Drone at 9:32 am on April 20, 2007)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Standards seem to be slipping down very quickly at Timeform House!!!:angry:

Colin

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

To describe this as a typing error says it all about Timeform.  In these days of easy access to powerful relational database software it seems Timeform are still typing important data manually.

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5109

Quote: from Wallace on 9:41 pm on April 20, 2007[br]To describe this as a typing error says it all about Timeform.  In these days of easy access to powerful relational database software it seems Timeform are still typing important data manually.

It was a curious turn of phrase but – trying to be charitable – one probably best not taken literally but rather the first thing that came into his head. I think it was one of their racing gurus I spoke too rather than a software boffin as he was well clued up on the actual distances races are run over at Ayr.

Anyway if it was indeed a manual "typing error" it must have been repeated twice, as Computer Timeform had the race distance as 2 1/4 M and their Betfair card had it as 2m 2f i.e two ways of typing the same error!

Winner backed so alls well that ends well. Thanks again for the clarification last night as I was only really interested in the horse if stepped up in trip.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.