The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

1.10 Plumpton

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7070

A very good race at Plumpton tomorrow with Gift Of Dgab taking on Invictus. i think the King horse will win any thoughts on this race.

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

Looking forward to it myself.

Ballinhassig is the only horse one could rule out as they all have competitive chances.

Whilst Maringo Bay has been otherwise lacklustre, it’s very difficult to ignore the fact that he beat Invictus by 20 lengths at Foss Las on soft ground and is now receiving 7lb from said horse.

Whilst it’s no secret that he’s highly regarded by connections, Invictus didn’t really beat anything at Hereford and wouldn’t warrant a short price.

Indian Daudaie commands respect in receipt of a stone’s allowance but the Haydock race was the intended early season target so it’s disappointing that he ran so flat and he probably wants 3 miles anyway.

Overall, I’d have to go for Gift Of Dgab. His form was arguably the best of these over hurdles, he’s proven that he acts on the ground, the others would be willing to sit in behind should Davy Russell decide to make the running, at 7 he would be the most matured in the field and obviously, he was most impressive on his chase debut.

dusty919
    • Total Posts 57

Looks a good race for a monday meeting at Plumpton.

At the prices I have to say I fancy Maringo Bay. On his sole start over fences he was a close third to two quality horses – Mamlook and Tullamore Dew. The latter has been racing in very good company, while Mamlook has won the Chester Cup as well as Grade 2 over hurdles (has also won more recently).

As mentioned before he did give Invictus a good beating at Ffos Las in February, and while he rather faltered at Aintree following that, I think that can be forgiven when considering how good the competition was that day.

Gift of Dgab is probably the one I fear the most, given his extremely easy win at Limerick, however he is under a penalty and probably didn’t beat that much that day. Indian Duadaie is next best, with some smart form over hurdles.

While the lay off is a worry, I think Maringo Bay should go well at a nice price

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

That was a very nice performance!

Well done Darren.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7070

Thank you mate for your congrats

Yes Invictus was a very good winner to beat the irish horse by that far was a likeable performance. be intresting to see where he goes next.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.