The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

1.01 losers

Home Forums Archive Topics Systems 1.01 losers

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 63

Not really a system so I don’t know if this is the good place to post, but I made a website with statistics of all 1.01 losers and big priced winners.

May be useful to some here, or just interesting :roll:

Soon I will finish all the statistics for 2009.

Website is in my sig.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Very interesting data, ………….. very comprehensive.

Excellent work, fella !

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Oh man I remember a few of these.

Never bet 1.01 myself but watch the markets to see how my horses are doing in running if I cant watch the race.

The most famous of these 1.01’s must be Topless. Remember him? The horse who’s jockey fell off just before the winning post!

• Total Posts 63

Yes that is the worst I have seen. The funny thing is it looks so fake, but when you look closely the horse is swerving a little but because of the camera it’s just very funny.

Here is the replay, if you haven’t seen it already:

http://www.gubbage.com/topless.php

£48.890,62 smashed at 1.01 in the win market and £1.958,72 in the place market. And the 2nd horse (the winner) was matched for £260,90 at 1000’s.

Ouch :shock: :roll:

Very interesting data, ………….. very comprehensive.

Excellent work, fella !

Thnx! 8)

• Total Posts 2390

Nice Website Yoshi…good work

ossi
    • Total Posts 2

Yoshi, good of you to post the information but you are aware that Betfair is very protective of its data, right?

A couple of years ago I analysed the racing data and did find that laying each and every horse at 1.01 (and up to 1.06) would give me a reasonable profit. I wrote a program that monitored betfairs horseracing and as soon as a race was in play I would place my lays, (I am talking miliseconds) but there were others with faster connections (and I was on a T1 server 2 miles from Hammersmith) who were doing just that, so I gave up :-(

I am still wondering if it wasn’t Betfair themselves doing it, not that nice people at BF would ever stoop so low :-)

• Total Posts 63

I have heard the same about Betfair laying every horse at 1.01 for a couple of grand. Don’t know about the truth of that, but according to statistics it should be profitable laying 1.01 every race.

Sure Betfair is protective of it’s data, but they release it themselves. I can’t see how this can harm them in any way and would find it very strange if I had to remove it.

ossi
    • Total Posts 2

The Historical Data is provided “AS IS” without warranties of any kind (whether express or implied and including but not limited to warranties as to fitness for purpose, satisfactory quality and/or accuracy) and save as provided by statute and to the fullest extent permitted by law, Betfair excludes any and all liability whether in contract, tort, statute, equity or otherwise for any use of the Historical Data. The resale, distribution or the use of the service by another organization or individual is prohibited unless a specific agreement in writing with betfair exists. Additionally, we reserve the right to terminate or suspend this service at any time without prior notification.

Just be aware, that’s all, they could come after you if your site gets big enough.

You could always massage the figures slightly by rounding them to the nearest 10 and give “approximate” numbers of bets, so you could not be accused of “copying” their data. Just an idea.

• Total Posts 63

Hahaha yes that’s a good idea. I shall also ask them if i can release this… I hope they don’t make a problem out of it.

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Brilliant stuff. Been watching the figures in runnings and so many get to 1.05 or shorter before flying back out and loosing. With such low liabilities this has to be a great system. Great website, thanks for this!!

• Total Posts 63

Thank you. I updated it now all statistics from 2008 and 2009 are available.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Duke Of Lucca, ouch, had that one backed!

Great work!

johnnylogan
    • Total Posts 3

Hey, lots of people have said it’d be profitable to lay all horses at 1.01… anybody have the stats?

• Total Posts 1511

Alexandros was another 1.01 blowout yesterday

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

2 horses in Ireland Saturday I believe, Ruby Walsh managed to get the horse up.

• Total Posts 63

Well, for people who are still interested, i now updated the website with all 1.01 statistics from 2004 to 2010. 8)

quadrilla
    • Total Posts 468

Thursday January 13 2011
    Thurles 12:55
    Irish Stallion Farms European Breeders Fund Beginners Chase

Big Secret bet off the boards then spooks at the last – mob on the track doing spooky tricks.

More than £ 11,000.00 at 1.01. :oops:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.